Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

It was a very good night for me! Not only did I find an entire cart full of clearance stuff (that required me to make 2 trips through the cash register just barely getting out of there before closing time!) but I also was shopping for basics with my 10% card, so just made finding the deals even better. In addition to the Torpedo projector mentioned above, here are my finds. I am sure most of the toys were returns. If anyone wants a DCPI, please just ask:

Berry colored 3 piece luggage set (largest piece is a wheeled pilot case) $4.74

2 Clok Cafe alarm clocks (kind of fancy) 75% off for $6.24 each

Easy Link system $6.18 and extra set of keys $1.48

Fisher-Price Aquarium pack and play for dolls $4.98

Kool Toys Bilingual laptop $3.75

American Idol Talent challenge DVD game with microphone 75% off -$12.48

Little Einsteins Make Music toy $6.24

Flannel Spiderman twin sheet set $4.98

boys winter jackets $7.48 and $13.98 (75% off)

tons and tons of other boys and little boys and girls clothes - 75% off - you just have to look carefully for the 75% off racks!

saw but passed on: those fantastic stroller/carseat combos in both pink and boy plaid + more of the Spiderman riding toys for 75% off - $4.xx! they were just sitting high on a shelf with no one noticing them! :)

I am in Ellicott City, MD.

Edited by cokemeyer

I swear I am a shopaholic. If rehab wasn't for quitters I would go.

Today I went to 4 different Target stores and bought all of the flannel sheet sets they had in all 4 stores. I got Cars, Thomas the Train, Spiderman, Transformers, Hello Kitty, pink snowmen, Disney Princesses, all $4.xx. I think I bought 15 sets total. Who needs 15 sets of sheets???? Not me, but they were on clearance so I bought them.

Then let's see, oh I bought the Shark sewing machine for $36.xx. I bought a king quilt set $16.xx that comes with 2 matching shams, and got 2 matching throw pillows $3.xx. And I got Transformers figures $1.xx. Easy Link character things $1.xx. A 2 room tent $25.xx.

Then, I was chatting up one of the team members about all of the deals that I get, and she pointed out some silverware $12.xx and a set of stemless wine glasses $4.xx.

Then, as I was walking toward the register to leave, what do I see on the endcap other than an internet return brown microsuede armless chair....for $35.xx!!!

Do they have support groups for people like me?

I am most excited tonight to report my favorite find. I realize it is a "toy" but it certainly doesn't look like one and the reviews on it from ordinary consumers are very good: the Torpedo Entertainment Projector - reg $159 for $39.98. It hooks up to a DVD player, VCR, computer, just about anything. Maybe was a return - was on an endcap in toys but is not packaged at all like a toy. I was doing the happy dance!

Yeah, they had those in the toy department, and they went down with the toys a couple of weeks ago. I saw several of them in a couple of stores.

Today I went to 4 different Target stores and bought all of the flannel sheet sets they had in all 4 stores. I got Cars, Thomas the Train, Spiderman, Transformers, Hello Kitty, pink snowmen, Disney Princesses, all $4.xx. I think I bought 15 sets total. Who needs 15 sets of sheets???? Not me, but they were on clearance so I bought them.

Then let's see, oh I bought the Shark sewing machine for $36.xx. I bought a king quilt set $16.xx that comes with 2 matching shams, and got 2 matching throw pillows $3.xx. And I got Transformers figures $1.xx. Easy Link character things $1.xx. A 2 room tent $25.xx.

Then, I was chatting up one of the team members about all of the deals that I get, and she pointed out some silverware $12.xx and a set of stemless wine glasses $4.xx.

Then, as I was walking toward the register to leave, what do I see on the endcap other than an internet return brown microsuede armless chair....for $35.xx!!!

If you find a support group, let me know and I'll go with you. :fluffy:

If you have Big Lots, they have had those before. There's 3 of them that were cheap out in my garage...got ours at either an auction or a rummage sale.:D

I am cracking up........:g_laughin!!!! You could have worse addictions....as long you don't end up in the poor house, than no harm done!!! Great deals though....especially the sheets. What are you going to do with them all?? And the Transformers were a great deal too...I wish I would have seen those! :(

Wow! That is an awesome sewing machine! My mom really needs a new one, so I will try to see if our Target has any left. Thanks for the picture!

I am most excited tonight to report my favorite find. I realize it is a "toy" but it certainly doesn't look like one and the reviews on it from ordinary consumers are very good: the Torpedo Entertainment Projector - reg $159 for $39.98. It hooks up to a DVD player, VCR, computer, just about anything. Maybe was a return - was on an endcap in toys but is not packaged at all like a toy. I was doing the happy dance!

Oh wow! I saw one on our endcap but it was only 30% a week ago. I must go back to check! I have an Optima DVD Projector that I got over a year ago and we LOVE it! We watch movies on our living room wall! It is just like being in a movie theatre! I would love to get a projector for my brother! By the way, I have to share my deal on that one even though it is off topic of Target: I went to Circuit City 2 black Fridays ago at 4am and got in line for this thing. Found out while I was waiting that they only had 2!!! So I was a bit nervous. I was almost at the register and the salesman came up and told me that there was one left! Got to the register and got it! YAY! Ok, this thing retails for $1000 by itself. I purchased it for $600 and received a $200 rebate PLUS a Free Screen and a Free Subwoofer!!!! $400 for it all!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

saw but passed on: those fantastic stroller/carseat combos in both pink and boy plaid

Do you know what the name of the boy plaid color is? Is it Fortune? I know the pink one is La Petit and I am trying to locate either one in my area. Thanks.

Do you know what the name of the boy plaid color is? Is it Fortune? I know the pink one is La Petit and I am trying to locate either one in my area. Thanks.

shoot - no I am sorry - I was in such a rush to get the things I actually needed before the store closed that I didn't take note of it. But I know the clearance price on it was $69.xx and the pink one was $84.xx?? I am pretty sure both included Graco Snugride carseats so start with Graco... I'll try to look it up myself and if I find anything I'll repost. My store had a few of each...

ok - just looked online and yes the Fortune pattern resembles closest to what I remember..but the price of $69.99 doesn't match 50% off its regular price, so now I am wondering if maybe what I saw was only sold in store? I am sure the red tag said $69.9x but I did not scan it. I pointed both sets out to a lady I had been chatting with earlier and she was grateful because she needed to tell a friend who was expecting...

Edited by cokemeyer

Oh wow! I saw one on our endcap but it was only 30% a week ago. I must go back to check! I have an Optima DVD Projector that I got over a year ago and we LOVE it! We watch movies on our living room wall! It is just like being in a movie theatre! I would love to get a projector for my brother! By the way, I have to share my deal on that one even though it is off topic of Target: I went to Circuit City 2 black Fridays ago at 4am and got in line for this thing. Found out while I was waiting that they only had 2!!! So I was a bit nervous. I was almost at the register and the salesman came up and told me that there was one left! Got to the register and got it! YAY! Ok, this thing retails for $1000 by itself. I purchased it for $600 and received a $200 rebate PLUS a Free Screen and a Free Subwoofer!!!! $400 for it all!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

sounds super! I know that this one will not have super clarity but heck for $40, it is better than nothing which is all we'd have otherwise, lol. :) It will be great for when we have slide shows of family pictures for anniversaries, etc - last time my Mom paid a lot to rent one. I am surprised some of you saw several in the store because the target.com listing said it was internet-only. But then again, that same online listing for the Torpedo also included reviews for the Pleo dinosaur so obviously some things are a bit screwed up there. :)

sent my husband to the hampton target as soon as he got off work, crossing my fingers that atleast one of the two houses ($32) would still be there!! but...... they were gone!! to little to late. I was ssssssooooooo sad! If anyone sees one in our area please let me know!! thks for the post!!

I thought I saw one at the NN Target. But I'd give them a call before you head out. That was yesterday afternoon.

The things in that area are at 50% off. I KNOW they had a ball pit (the one that's pictured on this thread). And a ton of tents.

Good Luck!

I looked through and didn't see these but sorry if it is a repost I got the CRAYOLA CUTTER (Princess Edition) for $4.xx a LARGE WOODEN EASEL WITH PAPER for $4.xx both in the "art" endcaps. They also had the Princess and Pirates clay/playdoh type sets for $4.xx also but I didn't grab any.

I got 3 more "I can play piano" cartridges and some boys camo shorts (1.xx!) and they were button fly with a BELT attached. I got 3peice boys camo jammies (2 LS tops, 1 long pants) for $3.xx (Cherekee brand)

Anyone know when the Shutterfly stuff will go done to 75% off? I know it did not get marked down this week, but what are the chances for next Monday. I am in the process of putting on my 17 month old sons into these books and I need like 5 more. I don't want to pay 15 for them each because I prefer to stay with the Kodak Gallary that I still have some credits for.

Too funny, what state are you in? I bought two of those in NJ the day the toys went 75% off and returned one a couple of days ago. I wonder if you got the return? If so, I'm really glad another gottadealer got it. It really is a great find, I just didn't need two (impulse buy).

Edit: oops, just saw your post that you are in MD. Just a coincidence. But great find!

Edited by lynnb

Anyone know what day they mark down the baby items? Do they mark them down weekly or bi-weekly? I have had my eye on some items since last week (exersaucers, strollers, diaper bag, play mat, etc.), but they are still only 30%. Thanks!

Anyone know what day they mark down the baby items? Do they mark them down weekly or bi-weekly? I have had my eye on some items since last week (exersaucers, strollers, diaper bag, play mat, etc.), but they are still only 30%. Thanks!

Supposed to be done on Mondays! I was travelling home from out of state this weekend (on Monday-counting on the items I wanted being marked down 50) and stopped at 5 different stores-3 of them still had all the 30% stuff at 30, but 2 of them had finally marked the 30 down to 50%! (I was watching some stuff too!) :yup: They were busy resetting most of the big baby items for the new stuff coming out......

Heads up the Torpedo projector!! I bought one at the $39.98, tried forever to get it to work, nothing!! I could get the menu up, so the light bulb wasn't burnt out. The directions are unbelievable unclear, and it didn't work as a plug n play.

Just make sure you save your receipt!!!!

North

I went to Target yesterday specifically to get a new iron because my current one is awful. I wasn't even hoping for clearance prices. But I found a Black & Decker Digital Advantage Iron that was originally $39.99...marked at $27.98 and rang up at $9.99! 75% off. Yay me.

Also picked up a Riedel wine carafe and wine glass set for $9.99, 75% off.

Heads up the Torpedo projector!! I bought one at the $39.98, tried forever to get it to work, nothing!! I could get the menu up, so the light bulb wasn't burnt out. The directions are unbelievable unclear, and it didn't work as a plug n play.

Just make sure you save your receipt!!!!

North

thanks a lot for the warning! Esp since I think it is a return I want to try it out before I give it to hubby and kids and get them all excited about it...

I went to 2 Targets today looking for the sewing machine with no luck. I even drove to one that was about 20 miles away:eyepoppin There are none left in the Phoenix area. If anybody is willing to pick one up for me you will be reimbursed plus:D Thanks!

There is Limited Availability for the Shark model for most of the East Valley locations. I will keep an eye out for you.

I just got back from Target. They were resetting the baby section and had moved all the clearance but had not started marking it down yet. Bulk 15% is now 30% off but they had not changed the stuff that had been 30%. There was an endcap of candles and that kind of stuff for 75% off. Oh, and a bunch of skates (including Dora and Diego) and soft cooler things for 75%.

Aaargh! Just came back and the sheet sets are STILL $13.98 and the bulk is STILL full price. How do I explain to DH that we have to move to a neighborhood with a better Target?

My husband wishes we lived somewhere that doesn't have a Target!!!