Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

For those of you watching the baby markdowns, I was in the Bridgewater, NJ store today and the markdown team was in the process of marking down the large items (strollers, highchairs, pack n plays, etc). Some were marked 50% and some 75%. I saw a nice Eddie Bauer tandem stroller for 75% off ($38.xx). They had 2.

Last night I went to a different Target than I usually go to and thought I got lucky when I found the Winnie the Pooh baby's first Christmas blanket since I had already got the Pooh Christmas Outfit, thought it would make a nice gift, but when I got to the register and it came up item not found the cashier was like does 9.99 sound right? I said it's Christmas and he said it doesn't say holiday on it and I said it says Baby's First Christmas on the blanket and he acted annoyed and said well you're not going to get it for 90% off, and he threw it under the register. I was so mad!! Then I went to Old Navy and made myself feel better.

Was he a manager? I would have asked for one! It really ticks me off when the cashier makes NO effort to find the price for sure. It can work for you and sometimes against you. In your case, just the snotty remark would have made me ask for a manager! I'm sorry but they were 90% after Christmas-that's what I paid for mine......

If anyone in Indy notices the changing tables or any of the pack and plays being marked down 75 percent-let me know!!! I went today and part of the baby stuff was marked down 50 off and part stayed at 30! Of course what I wanted stayed at 30! (Dang it!) They had done a bunch of markdowns in the kids clothing section to 75% off but nothing I wanted! They also marked alot of the pooh line down 50 off as well! (Although one store was still 30, go figure)

Do you have the DCPI for the turkey fryer?

I don't know where you are in SoCal, but I JUST (not an hour ago) saw one of these sitting in the Garden center (I am pretty sure) at the Alhambra store. It was the only one left and I just glanced down to see that it was indeed $10. It might have been in Hardware, but I think it was GC.

I rarely (probably never) buy toys at full price, but now I suppose I will be forced to as my kiddos get older. Sometimes I get so frustrated when I see all the toys around the house, but then I tell myself that when you buy things at 75% off (for like $5-10), and they play with them for just a little while, who cares!? It's not really a waste because I'll probably be able to sell them on a garage sale and at a minimum get a few bucks back, which makes the toy even cheaper.

When I think about how much money gets "wasted" on so many other things like eating out or going to a movie where we easily drop $50-75 on something that is just entertainment for the moment, kids' toys are sort of like that in a way-- entertainment for the moment. If I can get them cheap, I'm not as worried if they break or the kids lose interest.

My husband tells me that I must not have had any toys as a child given how much "fun" I have buying them for our kids. :) I wasn't deprived growing up, but there is definitely more available for kids now.

There only little for such a short time. Hopefully I'm not spoiling the heck outta them. :(

My hubby is ok with it. I am usually the one kicking myself for buying so much. I still have toys left from last year. Hubby did make one comment after Christmas. He said, "I think more stuff is going up in the attic than what came down." hehe!! Anyway, I bring everything in and show off my finds. The dining room is usually covered in Target bags. Plus if he makes any negatvie comments he can go out and find gifts for all the birthday parties. I know he is not fond of doing any shopping. :)

i think hubby is finally getting around to understanding it a bit. like the poster above, when he use to complain, i told him he coudl do the shopping next time. plus, i consign when they outgrow, so sometimes i end up getting as much money back as i spent out of pocket to begin with.

dh made a comment about the clearance ata local store being too expensive for me, so at least i know he believes me when i tell him how cheap i am getting all these things.

Hit up Target again today to return the leapster game (on the leapster at target thread someone gave me a $4 coupon!)...so I went and rebought the game for $14.98 instead of $24.98! so of course I swung by the toy aisle...still stuff there but nothing i was interested in...till I saw a princess cd player w/microphone and 4 cds!...scanned it, $7.43! So I had to take that :yup: Then i swung by the kid clothes and picked up 2 shirts for my DD for $2 each, and a pair of mittens (dora...so hard to find!) they were a little over $4, but I figured OK. I think this has officially turned me into a Target shopper and not a Walmart shopper...the stores are clean, there are price machines EVERYWHERE, people to check out out quickly...and now a 75% off clearance! I don't think I can go back from here :cheesy:

Hit up Target again today to return the leapster game (on the leapster at target thread someone gave me a $4 coupon!)...so I went and rebought the game for $14.98 instead of $24.98! so of course I swung by the toy aisle...still stuff there but nothing i was interested in...till I saw a princess cd player w/microphone and 4 cds!...scanned it, $7.43! So I had to take that :yup: Then i swung by the kid clothes and picked up 2 shirts for my DD for $2 each, and a pair of mittens (dora...so hard to find!) they were a little over $4, but I figured OK. I think this has officially turned me into a Target shopper and not a Walmart shopper...the stores are clean, there are price machines EVERYWHERE, people to check out out quickly...and now a 75% off clearance! I don't think I can go back from here :cheesy:

You know, we have 2 Wal-Mart's within 5 miles of our house and a Target directly across the street. I will NEVER shop at Wal-Mart again.

Actually...my mom said to check Wal-Mart for something we were looking for, and I quickly said, "I'll go to Target." :) If Target doesn't have what I need, I'll drive some place else, but NOT Wal-Mart. :)

I think this has officially turned me into a Target shopper and not a Walmart shopper...the stores are clean, there are price machines EVERYWHERE, people to check out out quickly...and now a 75% off clearance! I don't think I can go back from here :cheesy:

I have been converted also!:P

You know, we have 2 Wal-Mart's within 5 miles of our house and a Target directly across the street. I will NEVER shop at Wal-Mart again.

Actually...my mom said to check Wal-Mart for something we were looking for, and I quickly said, "I'll go to Target." :) If Target doesn't have what I need, I'll drive some place else, but NOT Wal-Mart. :)

I know I have been waiting for Wal-Mart to start organizing stuff a little better and having better deals on Clearances. I know atleast at the stores by me the stuff is scattered all over the place and the markdowns are either not that good or REALLY good, but to get REALLY good deals you have to do a ton of searching, sometimes winding up with nothing! :yuck:

Hi. Have not posted here in over a year but hello to all. I did go by Walmart and found a bedroom set for the Dora Talking House for $5. Don't know if it has been any cheaper but bought the Dora House last year on Amazon for 12.99. It doesn't have any furniture so I went ahead and got one. Went to a Target further away and did not find the things I wanted at 75%.They were only 50%. They had the I can play guitar at 75% off but didn 't know who to give it to nor do I have the fisher price coupon. I used to get the Parade in my Sunday paper but no more. Now we have the US News Today instead. Or something like that.

I did get the Dora talking vanity at a new Target by me for 19.98. So thanks for the tips.:)

I HATE Walmart!!! My hubby bought me a printer/scanner from there for my bday we got it home & it was USED! Not to mention the fact that it was not even the same printer that was supposed to be in there it was some other one from who knows where. The box was completely sealed so you would think it would have been fine. We got it home & opened it and were like WTH? This cant be right 15 minutes later took it back to the store & they accused us of putting our printer in the box & then trying to return it. One of the supervisors came over and told us that we STOLE it. Ugh! At this point I am completely pissed finally they exchange it for another one & got rude with me about opening the box before we left. They wrote on the receipt "customer returned incorrect item to store" like we did it! Then a few months later DH went back & bought me a Sims 2 game & the box was empty. He called the store & talked to a manager to explain it & they said it was fine. He got to the store & they tried to say he stole it. Luckily he finally got them to bring the manager to the front that he talked to on the phone & she fixed it. I will NOT shop at Walmart now.

Was he a manager? I would have asked for one! It really ticks me off when the cashier makes NO effort to find the price for sure. It can work for you and sometimes against you. In your case, just the snotty remark would have made me ask for a manager! I'm sorry but they were 90% after Christmas-that's what I paid for mine......

I knew people on here had got them for that, that's why I was excited when I found it. But I guess cause he was older and he opened a register because there were lines and he called me over, I thought that maybe he was a manager. But after I left and thought about it, it didn't say manager on his tag. And he was snotty so I should have asked, but I guess I just didn't expect it. Oh well, hopefully I learned for next time. :)

quick question on price adjustments, I know this is probable mentioned somewhere else, but there are so many posts to look through...how long do you have to get a price adjustment if something you bought goes on sale?? NOT clearance, but sale. I bought a box of firewood, for almost 17 bucks about 10 days ago and they are on sale this week for $10. I know it's only $7, but every little bit helps right?? thanks so much:)

Was crusing the end caps today. Bath sets are still only 15% off. Found a Spongebob Grow Crystal Magic Do for $1.24 was $4.99. Dyson was only 15% off. Not much else of interest to me. Found lots of girls pants 75% off. Got a pink pair for $1.xx. And I didn't know it til I looked at the receipt....but got two Target brand glue for .34 a piece. I'm new to this but I'm slowly finding deals. Thanks GD.

I had to stop by Target today. They were in the process of marking down kids clothes- 75%off. I was able to buy a few things. I did not see anyone in the baby department marking down. Most were 30% or 50%. However, for anyone in the Opelika/Auburn area I did see a pink stroller set Alano by Graco. There were three left. I just noticed the name and the price was $42.00 something. HTH Just scraps left in toys.

quick question on price adjustments, I know this is probable mentioned somewhere else, but there are so many posts to look through...how long do you have to get a price adjustment if something you bought goes on sale?? NOT clearance, but sale. I bought a box of firewood, for almost 17 bucks about 10 days ago and they are on sale this week for $10. I know it's only $7, but every little bit helps right?? thanks so much:)

Yep. They sure will refund the difference. I think it's 30 days? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :) I did this with an item a few months ago, no problem. And $7 is $7! :)

Actually, I went in over the weekend for a correction of $1.50! ;)

When I was a kid and Walmart was moving into Texas it was GREAT! But that was when Sam was alive and the company had very different values. Nowadays I go there only when desperate for something I can't get at Target. I stop by from time to time to look for Disney Cars toys, but not much else. Give me Target any day!

Yep. They sure will refund the difference. I think it's 30 days? Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :) I did this with an item a few months ago, no problem. And $7 is $7! :)

Actually, I went in over the weekend for a correction of $1.50! ;)

It is 10 days. But you can always return and rebuy.

Guest quigonatr

Turkey Fryer DCPI: 009070232

I have to know why you guys ask for the DPI is that you way of ckecking to see if your store has the item? Do you call your store ? I need a lesson on this please!:fluffy:

For those of you watching the baby markdowns, I was in the Bridgewater, NJ store today and the markdown team was in the process of marking down the large items (strollers, highchairs, pack n plays, etc). Some were marked 50% and some 75%. I saw a nice Eddie Bauer tandem stroller for 75% off ($38.xx). They had 2.

I'm expecting kiddo #2 in mid-March. I don't need strollers, highchairs, etc. but I do need new things like bottles, pacifiers, etc. Do they clearance out the Advent brands of bottles? I remember a few years ago they had the Target brand Advent style bottles, which is fine with me. Just curious... I'm not doing a shower for the 2nd kiddo, so I need to buy these things myself and would love a steal... I mean, a deal. :D

I'm expecting kiddo #2 in mid-March. I don't need strollers, highchairs, etc. but I do need new things like bottles, pacifiers, etc. Do they clearance out the Advent brands of bottles? I remember a few years ago they had the Target brand Advent style bottles, which is fine with me. Just curious... I'm not doing a shower for the 2nd kiddo, so I need to buy these things myself and would love a steal... I mean, a deal. :D

They to clearance the Avent stuff, but only when there is a style/packaging change, I think. I used that brand (can you say glad to be done!?), and I saw them go down. I had to replace my pump, too, and got the Avent pump on clearance.

I have to know why you guys ask for the DPI is that you way of ckecking to see if your store has the item? Do you call your store ? I need a lesson on this please!:fluffy:

Yes. You can ask someone in the store to check for you, though you always want to ask if they have it in the back. I have been looking for some items lately and had one person tell me no, only to have another tell me yes 5 minutes later. I think the first didn't know what I was asking.

You can also use the price checkers if they have a keypad on the side. Just punch in the number and enter and it will tell you if the computer thinks they have it in the back. Though it is often wrong.

Finally, you can go to this site and check. But that only works if the item is also sold online at Target.com. The ASIN number is an Amazon number used by Target when they sell through Amazon. You can use one or the other.

http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetasin.php