Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

If anyone has an extra IM-Me they don't want, let me know how much. I will pay shipping. I just didn't want to pay the high price for one. Thx so much!! My daughter really wanted it (why I don't know).

We got some for Christmas, you do need at least two or someone online to be able to communicate (I think each package is only one). Also, note which IM service it will allow and if you have parental controls on her email or chat, it may block or not be able to tune into it.

Some employees will shop no matter what. Personally, if I weren't allowed to, I would have DH, Mom, or a friend come and load up for me. But I see why stores won't let them. The extra carts take up space an block aisles and shelves on a very busy day. And it makes customers angry to see the 1 thing they want in an employees cart. I do think employees should get the good deals, it is a job perk. But they can shop before or after their shift, or on break.

Yesterday, 2 employees were marking down things and I started digging in the back of some toys on the shelf and found a Hooked on Phonics Word Master and put it in my cart, she said "I had hidden that and I was going to get that". I was thinking, then why didn't you? I felt bad and knew I didn't really need it and said, "do you want it?" and she said no you go ahead. LOL, I know I didn't have to offer, but I did. So anyway, I did leave with it. So I guess they were following the not shopping on duty. There was no way that would have been there much longer anyway the way things were flying off the shelves.

I actually just sent my husband in such of the digital frame and outdoor stuff at his Target across from work. I had him scanning stuff and punching in numbers. He as like do you do this all the time like this. :yup: Anyway, the outdoor stuff in SE Michigan is still 30% and no picture frame deal even though it said it is in stock it is nowhere to be found.

And my dh says I owe him for this!

The reason I say it's junk is this...my DD friend bought it and gave her one of them. THat was a couple of months ago...they never got them to work. I will say that I never really looked at it. DD friends older bro (tech saavy) was going to try to get them to work. Don't know if he ever looked at it or not. THat's why I said it's junk. It may be nice for all I know. I guess I shouldn't have been so hasty to put up a review on something I don't know a lot about! SORRY! However, I would NEVER have paid the orig. price of $70-something but at $16...yeah sure! :cool:

Oh thanks. I bought them for my daughter and her cousin who are both heading into that hard to buy for zone of 7-8ish. My daughter isn't into dolls so much, so I thought that this might be something fun. 16 bucks isn't too much to loose if it turns out to be a dud.

I actually just sent my husband in such of the digital frame and outdoor stuff at his Target across from work. I had him scanning stuff and punching in numbers. He as like do you do this all the time like this. :yup: Anyway, the outdoor stuff in SE Michigan is still 30% and no picture frame deal even though it said it is in stock it is nowhere to be found.

And my dh says I owe him for this!

Make sure he checks both in with the regular picture frames and in electronics. I found the one I got by the regular picture frames but I know earlier this year when they clearanced them some people found them in electronics.:)

I went to my Target in Holyoke today with my sister, dd11, ds2 and niece 13. I told my sister I wanted to check out toys after they didn't have what we went for. I found :

Elmo's Shape search 2.48

Exploring Numbers with Elmo 2.48

Dora Memory with 3 playdoh 2.04

Hooked on Phonics Pre-k Learn to read kit 9.44 total 17.xx

My sister bought some Sweet Secrets dolls and sets (kind of like polly pockets) for prices between 1.22 and 3.48, she got toss-a-cross for 3.44 and 2 pom pom barbies for 1.24 each.

She spent 25.xx

She said she has never seen clearance like that. Everything she bought could be used on her youngest dd7 for bday in July or Christmas. She was shocked. I did see 1 roaster pan for 14.xx but not in a box and I don't need one. But it was a nice one. I heard someone say she was there when they opened and toys weren't marked down yet but I was there at 11:30 and the clearance aisles were somewhat empty.

If any one in my area is looking they did have at least 3 vanity's (princess I think).

I was hoping that those Shutterfly packs might get marked down again today. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes electronics has done markdowns on Fridays in the past. I don't know what the rhyme or reason is, but if anyone happens to see them marked down more than 30% off while you are out and about today, would you post? I am taking a Target break today. Nine stores yesterday is a little much even for this Target Addict!

Houston ST on Main--

Just returned from that store. Very little left in the toy clearance. They did have: some games [scene It, Jeopardy, Deal/No Deal, Brain (Something), and a few others; TMX Elmos [about a dozen]; & some Star Wars items.

Couldn't believe it, but they put out the Cranium Pop 5 game red-stickered at $12! This is the one that went to $2.50 at 90% Christmas clearance

Really I think they should be allowed to do this, could you imagine working there and seeing all those deals and not being able to buy it til all of us went thru it. They were buying cartloads at the Boardman store but I think they deserve it first. Just my opnion.

I don't disagree with you. They should be allowed to get in on the deals too. I was more irritated with the stores where the markdown teams were dragging their carts around with them. Not even in the toy department. There was someone in the kitchen stuff with a loaded cart, someone over by the bath stuff with a loaded cart..etc.They were in the way more than one time (and not always exactly friendly about moving when I said excuse me) and I'm sure there were customers who weren't as fortunate as me, that didn't get all they wanted and likely saw employees toting it around. I just think they should have been allowed to pay and take it to their cars or at least put it in the back till their break or when they left. That's my only gripe.

I'm not sure that I care if they are getting in on the goodies, BUT, they need to get their stuff outta sight of the customers and outta the way of the customers. Again, my feeling is that Target customers shouldn't have to "fight" with the ON DUTY employees to buy stuff in the store. If they are in uniform and WORKING the aisles and a customer wants something in their cart, in my opinion, it's unfortunate for them and they need to say "sure, here you go." or get the cart out of the way and to the back room. It just looks bad. If I was a manager, THAT would be my policy.

THAT's what I meant :) Sorry if it came out before that I didn't think the employees should get a shot. They definately should.

Yippee The store at the District (Jamboree and Barranca) went 75% on Toys, they have a Butterscotch pony if anyone needs it---lower shelf in a brown cardboard box, picture was not visable when I was there, so if you look closely it might still be there.

I got a Torpedo, which projects movies onto a wall (or games, digital pics, etc) originally $160, now $40, a Scene it for Harry Potter 2 $6.42 and some misc other items.

then I went to the Barranca and Culver store, they had a lot more stuff, including the Toyota 4x4 RC truck, now $15 (got one for my Dad to play with the grandkids), Elmo through the years, now $7.50, another projector for my sister, a Pirates of the Carribean Scene it for $6.45 and a Mad Gab for my DD for $7.??? They have a lot of toys stacked up on top of the shelving unit, so check there if you are looking for something. There were a lot of the Barbie throne chairs.

Have fun, everyone!

i didn't get to go to target until 6pm the day they marked off; luckily i had sent my mom in for a couple specific items first thing in the morning. by the time i got ot the first one, it was bare except a few toys that the tags didn't change but i knew they were 75 thanks to you guys. had a bit better luck at the next one.

but one of the guys straightening the section told me that at one of our local stores, there was a fist fight over some toys. the cops got called, and the lady ended up punching the cops too. crazy!

You all have me so tempted to go over to mine and look! It's right across the street....SO TEMPTING!!! :)

But, looking at the lists, I don't see much that we'd buy. Even going through the stuff when it was 30% off, I couldn't find much, and I WANTED to shop! :)

My kids have WAY too much already....but I do love a deal! :D

Don't bother. I was there yesterday when they marked it down and the stuff wasn't that great. I only got one of the Vtech cameras and a Cabbage Patch Kid from there. Williamsburg was better, but Hampton was the best. And last night at 6 there was hardly anything left in Williamsburg.

I gave in and went over... :D

Toys at mine are 75% and pretty much gone.

Tents and tunnels are still at 30%.

The easels are 50%.

Was hoping to snag a Thomas set, or the Aquadoodle, but no such luck. Think that means I didn't need to spend any money today. :)

Haha, I posted before I read this one. There was still 2 of the holiday Thomas sets at the one at the Ches. Sq. Mall as of 9 am this morning.

Not many toys left at my store, only 2 asiles, and most everything was too old for DS. So I got some toys for DH instead. :) Found a black and decker pressure washer for 39.99, reg. 169.99 and a stanley tool chest (the one with the drawers on wheels) for 24.99, reg. 99.99.

Does anyone have the DCPI on the pressure washer???? I was hoping to find one of those for my husband! Thanks :)

So whats our next big clearance fun? Is it the outdoor/sports stuff??

Can I just say that after we got a few 75% off toys last night I was crusing the end caps & my hubby actually got into it with me! He found a coors light bar set & thought that was soo cool for 75 off. The next store we went to I went straight to toys, I called him to see where he went. Ohh he was just crusing the end caps!!! LOL He even told me we should do that more often because it was fun & we got great deals.

:gdflasher: <-- I didnt know half of those smilies existed!!! This one cracks me up!

My husband always pokes fun until he learns how much i save then it's a different story :) I finally got him into the endcap cruising as well and he loves to go with now!!!

Seeing all these great toy deals, I had to ditch grocery shopping at lunch today (my normal Friday lunch activity :yuck: and head over to Target. Toys were pretty much picked over but did manage to get some great deals.

Diego Animal Caller 3.74

Playskool Inchworm 6.98

Wedding Barbie 3.72

KT Pirate (?) 2.50

Transformers Cards 1.97

Best of Elmo 7.48

Cars Change (McQueen Accessories) 3.92

Cars Red 6.07

Risk Transformers 6.24

Little Einstein Starry Night Easel Thing 6.24

VTech Food Fun Refrigerator Toy 4.98

For me I got 2 packs of the solar lights for 9.98 each

Plus my best deal: one of the MM juice box packs for .69 :yay::thumbsup::woot2::gd_purple:gd_orange:gdyes:

I know... a little crazy with the smileys but its my first MM find!!!

Our toys here went 75% off Wednesday. Got there first thing and besides the employees shopping I was the first one there. I got two carts full for $136. The best things I got were the Dora talking Vanity for $19.98, the Dora Vtech phone $9.98, My little pony talking and singing Pinkie Pie $8.98, somes little metal pots and pans for my daughters little kitchen for $2.50, a metal dump truck for $2.50, big pack of dinosaurs for $3.50, Bratz MP 3 player $8.98, some little 7 inch baby set with a little crib and carrier, backpack and clothes for $2.62, and I can't even remember the rest but it was an awesome amount of things so I will be set for my nephews birthday's and my youngest daugther's birthday in July.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the one. It was on the back toy wall on the riser, above the board games. I think it says ages 1 1/2 to 5

THANKS!! I need to go check & see if there are any around here. We were debating on buying him one & have been shopping around trying to find a cheap one. For that price I'll take it!! I didnt even know they went on clearance.

My target trip this morning for work turned out to be more for myself! I've already finished up shopping for 2008 birthdays. Looks like I may finish up Christmas shopping by Feb!

2 hello kitty nail polish/lipgloss sets .74

2 hello kitty press on nails .74

3 barbie fairytopia kelly dolls 1.24

2 disney princess lipglosses .74

1 disney royal princess doll 2.48

1 carebare rainbow bear 1.24

1 barbie dancing kelly doll 2.48

1 barbie island princess doll 3.24

2 barbie style cheetah girls doll 3.24

1 barbie kelly club doll set(4dolls) 3.74

1 spiderman action figurine 1.48

10 life waters 10.00

TOTAL OOP 41.62

plus I received a $5 GC for the lifewaters

FYI--Opelika/Auburn Target shoppers. I saw a Rival Roaster Oven today. I did not buy it. When I scanned it the price was $14.95. The price on the ticket says $40.00 something. There was only one. It was there when I left at 1:30pm. Also, the leather kids chairs are not out on the floor, but when I put the DCPI it came up that it was in the backroom. I didn't have time to ask about it, but if you are interested I would ask. It came up at $17.98...I think!

HTH