Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Went to the Forest Hill Target today, as of 11am still not marked down. I wish they would hurry up and mark down those B&D Pressure Washers!! Grrr....still $79.98 at that store for 2 weeks now!

ETA: I saw tons of employees with scanners tho.

I have been stalking those pressure washers for weeks!!! Glad to see that someone else has had them sitting there at 50% off. My hubby really wants one! Please post if you see them drop lower. I keep thinking it will be any day now....

Houston Westheimer/Fondren

Toys still 30/50%.

Did see the following at 75%:

• Hershey's Fondue Set
  • Hershey's Silicone Molds [one shaped as Kisses, the other as Hershey's Bars]
  • Old-Fashioned Stove Top Popcorn Popper Set

Hey thanks for the heads up on the fondue set! Called my mom who just so happened to be at Target in Plainfield to look for them and they had them marked 75% off too! Thanks!!! I had almost bought one when they were 13.xx so glad I waited!!!!!

Turnersville, NJ marked down toys to 75% today. I scored

Harry Potter Scene It for 6.24

gymnastic barbie for 3.87

island princess barbie for 3.87

bratz cloe with camera for 4.97

I only wish I had more $$$ because I passed up so many things!!

Okay so I have a question. What exactly do you say when you call your local Targets asking about the toy clearance? Do you ask for the toy department or just ask the whoever answers? I just want to make sure to get the most accurate information as the Target I am considering going to next is 1 1/2 hours away. Thanks in advance!!

Just explain that you are an hour and a half away and want to know what percentage the toys are at! If the front desk doesn't know they will call the toy department!!!

Okay, I THINK the toys are marked down 75% here in NJ. I just got a Fisher Price King Carnivore for $9.98 which I know was $40 before x-mas because DS3 & 4 wanted one terribly and I refused to pay that much for it, and I found a hot Wheels crash and something set for $10.48 but I'm not sure how much the regular price for it was. Still nothing off on those darn x-mas wipes.

Ohhh.. It said Forrest Hill and we have a Forrest Hill store in Memphis.

I should learn to read. Sorry.

Just got back from the Germantown Forrest-Hill Irene store - NOTHING - well no some of the Cool Toys were 50% but not the other stuff -

I did get the last 2 pairs of Dora xmas pajamas sets - no price found - and got them for $1.99 each.

I read this saying one time about Target clearance, ends in 8 wait, ends in 4 buy more. Basically I guess the idea is it will go down atleast one more time if it ends in an 8, but ending in 4 is usually the lowest target will mark it. That's what I have read and I tend to agree since seeing if this is true. If this is true then it looks like the 75% off desks might go lower because they are at 9.98, so just a thought.

Okay so I have a question. What exactly do you say when you call your local Targets asking about the toy clearance? Do you ask for the toy department or just ask the whoever answers? I just want to make sure to get the most accurate information as the Target I am considering going to next is 1 1/2 hours away. Thanks in advance!!

The very best way to do it is to take down the DCPI number of something that you KNOW the price of and when you call CS, give them that number and ask them to tell you the price. That way, you will know whether it is 75 or not. That's the only way I trust what CS is saying about markdowns.

Just got back from the Germantown Forrest-Hill Irene store - NOTHING - well no some of the Cool Toys were 50% but not the other stuff -

I did get the last 2 pairs of Dora xmas pajamas sets - no price found - and got them for $1.99 each.

thanks for the update

Just back from a Dallas Target. Toys 75%off. 2 other Dallas targets are not 75.

What is 75% off (off the top of my head)

-ALL Cool Toys

-ALL National Geo Toys

-All of those clearance games (board games like Scene IT Harry Potter, Candyland Dora, musical games, electronic games)

-Tons of barbie stuff like the Throne, Guitar

-Disney Enchated Barbies

-Shake N Go Crash up race track

-Thomas stuff (trains, accessories, riding toy)

-GI Joe Anniversary sets

-Power Ranger stuff

-Too much to name......................

What was not marked to 75% off

-Tents, sleeping bags, play equipment, outdoor toys

My realization from this trip: Target needs bigger shopping carts!

Just got back from Target. Toys are 75% here. Got there just as he started marking them down. I kept finding stuff that he hadn't scanned yet and thankfully he was nice enough to go ahead and scan and tag them for me. I got:

Transformers Bumblebee (big one) 19.98

3 pk Barbie Fairytopia set 2.48

3 I Can Play Guitar cartridges for 3.24 each

I Can Play Guitar 19.98

Disney Monsters puzzle 3.24

Cars carrying case 3.72

Crayola Spin Art (50% off) 9.98

Island Princess costume dresses 4.94

Star Wars Legos limited edition tie crawler 12.48

Baby Im Yours babydoll 3.xx

Hubby is going to kill me, but I really don't care. What great finds!

Went to Middletown Ohio store. They have tons of toys, but still at 30% off. I'm truly bummed:(. I leave for vacation on Thursday and won't be back until next Thursday so I'll miss the whole thing!!! I did find that they had a lot of Hello Kitty kitchen stuff clearanced down 75%. I was able to get a toaster oven for $5.00. I'm not sure what my DH will think of a pink kitty toaster oven in the kitchen, but for $5.00 he'll just have to cope!

Massillon, Ohio store:

One aisle is 50% off other aisles of toys are still 30% off

I did find the Hello Kity Manicure set regularly $20 for $4.98 (bought both they had left)

Hello Kitty Drink Dispenser regularly $20 $4.98 (bought 2 for my nieces) They are so adorable! You can put anything in them. Comes with the whole dispenser and a hello kitty cup.

Nice clearances in the kitchen utensils too.

I got 3 NICE cooking spoons regularly $5.99 each for .98

coasters .37 each

Crystal Light 10 packs of lemon regularly $3 for $1.48 (my son only drinks water bottles w/ packets of lemon so I stocked up!).

***I looked through the toys, but didn't see anything I really want or need. My kids come 2008 christmas will be 81/2 and 14. Out of the toys pretty much***. Sad. lol

I just talked to someone from the Target at Old Spanish Trail and Harrison. He said they just stocked 9 (!!!) :eyepoppin:eyepoppin:eyepoppin pallets of clearance toys. He said that the highest discount right now is 50% off on some. I said I know that some stores around the country are already at 75% off (didn't tell him HOW I knew this) on their toys and asked if he thought they would go to that price. He said he didn't think anytime soon considering what they had just put out. Of course, we know this is subject to change.

Then I called the Tanque Verde and Grant store. They transferred me to someone in toys who never picked up. Generally TV/Grant marks down items before OST/Harrison. I may have to make a trip later on today. From what I remember from 2 summers ago, toys went 75% off on a Thursday AM. Actually, they probably went 75% off on Wednesday and retagged overnight and placed back on the shelves on Thursday. I figure whatever I am meant to have, it'll be there for me. If it's not there, then I don't know any better and may save some money. That sounds good in theory anyway...lol

It sounds like they are cleaning out the backrooms getting ready for inventory and finding all kinds of treasures.

I was at the Olathe Super Target after driving this morning at about 9 am. The toys were all reshelved to the far east end of the toy dept and there were also some toys along the back wall behind those aisles. They were all still 30-50% off though. I didn't find any toys marked to 75% off. I stayed at the store until 10:30 and although there were a lot of employees with scanners nobody went into the toy dept while I was there. At that store I did find some toddler girls clothing for 75% off. I also found a salvaged christmas doodle toy which the cashier gave me for 25 cents.

I headed over to the Stanley Target next to check because I think they go a little sooner than others around here. Their blue box Kool Toyz are 75% off - I got my dd the wild animal play set for $2.50 and I got the Holiday Express train for $3.50. I also bought a Bob the Builder Easy Link key set for 75% off (1.98). I saw that this store had the Elmo set at 75% off also. Most of the toys were marked 50% off though. I scanned a couple of things here and there but everything I scanned was coming up as the same price as the tag.

I did find a few more items of clothing for my dd at 75% off. I also got a couple of 200 oz ALL detergents for 50% off - $3.98 each. I do love the 3x concentrated but for half price I decided I could lift the heavy bottle again :)

I just went to the Ward Parkway Target on my lunch break. I don't have kids but a lady here at work wanted me to check. The signs said 50% I didn't get a chance to scan because the mark down team were in there so I am guessing they were getting ready to mark them down.