Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Clearance toys at my local Target have been consolidated into about 4 aisles and almost all are at 50% off. I always try to guess when 75% off will be and sometimes it works out, but sometimes it doesn't. I usually check this board a lot to see what others are finding and look back at previous years when things went to 75%. I think last year's date was January 10. It is usually a Wednesday morning, since that is when toys are typically marked down but my store was behind last year and ours did not go until Thursday morning which I think was the 11th. I am going this Wednesday just in case, but who knows??? It seems early to me, but I don't want to miss out either.

Clearance toys at my local Target have been consolidated into about 4 aisles and almost all are at 50% off. I always try to guess when 75% off will be and sometimes it works out, but sometimes it doesn't. I usually check this board a lot to see what others are finding and look back at previous years when things went to 75%. I think last year's date was January 10. It is usually a Wednesday morning, since that is when toys are typically marked down but my store was behind last year and ours did not go until Thursday morning which I think was the 11th. I am going this Wednesday just in case, but who knows??? It seems early to me, but I don't want to miss out either.

did they go 50% a week or two ago? I agree, I think it will be Wednesday/Thursday.

I went to the Surprise Target again this morning. Once again they were bringing things out from the back. I got a snowman cookie jar, mugs, plates, a wreath, a nutcracker, and cups. I spent $10. I was pretty excited. I also found the cranium pop5 game. I might go back. They said they were bringing things out slowly because some people got rude.

I went to pick up the Shake and Go Crashers set at 50% off today, but to my surprise it scanned 75%! (It was still marked 50%). I then spent quite some time scanning alot of other toys, but for some reason that was the only thing that scanned 75%, I ended up getting 2 at $12.22 each.

I meant to mention if anyone is in the Northeast Tn area, the Johnson City Target had one Butterscotch 50% off today. Sounds as though he may be down to 75% off by the middle of the week. :D

Which reminds me that I noticed that Butterscotch was missing from the Pasadena Madre store. Sorry.:(

I personally will remove a red tag if it scans not on file and not feel bad at all :shock:...not to be dishonest but to make the usually lazy employees actually look up the price that I should be charged. If the red tag is still on there they will just lie and state "that's the price" when we all know there is a 99.99% chance that it is much lower. :yup: I did not know however that that was considered shoplifting! :eek: That said I would never switch a price tag! :no: I just want the item at the price it should be...:)

So I am confused - somtimes I have scanned things that are less than the red sticker price. And sometimes I have scanned things that scan regular price but have a clearance sticker on them?!?!?

I don't get it! If they don't want all that hassle why doesn't Target mark the correct prices with the barcode?

I went to my target (racine, wi) and I tried to get some of those wipes, but it was a no go-the cashier said "if they were that cheap I would of bought them", well at least I tried! They did have a lot of clothes for 75% off. There were some toddler boy coats for 6.24 Orig $24.99(too bad I have a girl), but I did get some shirts for .98, and a purse that was originally 49.99 for 75% off. I can't wait until the toys go 75% off.

when i was at target this morning, toys were still 30% off. :(

Yep, mine, too. The kids clothing had been reduced more, though. Got some things for 75% off. Boys sweatshirt jackets for $2.24, girls shirts for .94 and $1.24, girls leggings $1.24, etc.

So I am confused - somtimes I have scanned things that are less than the red sticker price. And sometimes I have scanned things that scan regular price but have a clearance sticker on them?!?!?

I don't get it! If they don't want all that hassle why doesn't Target mark the correct prices with the barcode?

I don't think Target intentionally mistickets items...I believe if there is a red sticker there but rings up regular price, it shouldnt have been there to begin with...Someone else could have put it there....or an employee mistakenly put a red clearance sticker on them...

Target is really good about entering all there markdowns in the computer whether they have a read sticker or not...So the correct price should more often then not ring up...

What posters are referring to are the NOT ON FILE scans...This usually happens when something has been salvaged or marked as far as it can go like 90% off....So if there is a red sticker the Target employee will ususally make you pay that price..when we all know it went much lower then that and the red clearance sticker price is more often then not the first or second markdown...

This is why I scan everything...I also dont fight to much about prices and what they should be...I dont want to draw any attention to myself..as I really like my stores and I dont want to upset any employees....

Our toys are still 30% off, I cant believe they would jump to 75% off by Wed/Thurs. What do you guys think??

That is precisely what they have done the last few years. They seem to take some areas to 50%, but not all. Just guessing it has to do with overall quantity of clearance items. Most of our stores are at 30%, but only have 2 aisles. sounds like most of those at 50% seem to have more aisles left.

I did not know however that that was considered shoplifting! :eek: That said I would never switch a price tag! :no: I just want the item at the price it should be...:)

I don't think there is any state in which that would be considered shoplifting. I could be wrong, but I agree that it simply forces them to give an accurate price for the item. Price-switching, however, is considered actual shoplifting as I understand it. As you are essentially stealing the difference.

Amen! They sometimes mis-mark their items, putting the tag on the wrong item. I have been the joyous beneficiary of those errors once or twice. But more often items simply don't get the markdown for some reason, or they have the wrong tag because they were bought at say 30% off and returned after an interim markdown or salvage.

Target is really good about entering all there markdowns in the computer whether they have a read sticker or not...So the correct price should more often then not ring up...

They are PRETTY GOOD, but not very good. We often find items that don't get entered properly. And there are FREQUENTLY item not found results because they didn't enter a new item into the system properly. Our local store has been cited by the State multiple times for inaccurate pricing. And they get stung all the time on those TV undercover shows.

That is precisely what they have done the last few years. They seem to take some areas to 50%, but not all. Just guessing it has to do with overall quantity of clearance items. Most of our stores are at 30%, but only have 2 aisles. sounds like most of those at 50% seem to have more aisles left.

So it should be all the toys that are on clearance? Not just the items that are already 50% off? Awww, man, now I am excited! lol. :eyepoppin