Dish Network - get Cinemax for 1 Year for 1 Cent

gingersunshine

didn't know where to post. (figured it would go here since it is not an online special. feel free to move where it needs to be.)

Dish Network is currently offering Cinemax for 1 cent if you switch to autopay and paperless billing.

Some people have only received 3 months and some people that already had autopay got a year free too. (someone even called and b*tched and got 2 years for 2 cents!!) but apparently if you cancel and change back to getting your bill via snail mail and not on autopay, it will begin to charge you the full amount.

If you have Dish Network, follow the following instructions

1. Call 1-800-333-DISH

2. Go to Billing

3. Ask about a Cinemax Promo for 1 Cent for signing up for paperless billing

IMHO...dish netword SUCKS

Sorry to be so negative, but I had a bad, bad experience with them. Do NOT get dish if you think you may possibly, remotely have a chance of having to cancel before you contract is up....it is one BIG headache!!!

For every person that says dish network sucks, you'll find another that says Direct sucks just as bad.

I've had Dish since 1997 and have been very happy with them and recommended them to many others.

Dish network wouldn't let me do this because I already have cinemax.

I should call back and tell them that you want to cancel it unless they switch you over. It can't hurt to try. If they still won't do it, I would think you could cancel it (and pay the $5 downgrade fee) and then call back up in a couple of days and sign up for the $.01 deal.

I already had the credit card auto pay so all I had to do was agree to the paperless billing and I was all set. I spent 5 mins on the phone with them and it was all set....even got to watch some Star Wars on it last night with my son!! :)

I just called DishNetwork and was denied the offer. We subscribed to DishNetwork around September of 2007. The rep told me that you cannot have prior Cinemax programming for at least 6 months for eligibility. We were given 3 free months HBO and Cinemax when signing up and they are using that against the offer.

Also, prior posters are correct, your billing must be paperless.

I wonder if this deal would work for us. We have DishNetwork but it's billed on our phone bill. We have a bundle type deal with the phone company for phone (free long distance), internet and DishNetwork all on one bill.

Anyone know if the deal would work for us?

I heard it doesn't work if you have it bundled. But for some people it is worth unbundling and then paying the difference each month just to get Cinemax. I think it's only a $5 discount to bundle, so if it is worth the $4.99 to you...

I just signed up w/Dish Network last month through AT&T and has been nothing but a pain in the butt from the very beginning. It started w/they didn't install on the appointment date and trouble from there. Got my first phone bill w/Dish on it and have been charged full price on HD programming that was suppose to be free for 6 mo through Dish and then another 6 mo through AT&T. Also charged full price on HBO and Cinemax that is suppose to be free for 3 mo. Going through the phone co takes $4. off the bill but am wondering if it is worth it. The billing is so messed up and AT&T transferred me to many different people and got disconnected and then finally they transfer me to Dish billing. Dish changed it but says it won't show up different at AT&T until next month. So I have to wait another month to see if things have been straightened out. Dish and AT&T both charged me for installation but AT&T credited it back to phone bill but had to tell Dish to credit it back. Nothing but a big mess.

Sorry for the vent but was wondering if I could get this Cinemax deal since I am going through AT&T?

~ Just called and Dish said I couldn't get the deal b/c I'm going through AT&T. I might cancel through AT&T and just deal w/Dish, would be much less confusing. I'm only saving $4. mo but the Cinemax deal would be great.

I hate Dish too- we had a sales rep come to the door and talk my hubby into it- BIG mistake- he totally lied about so many things, and it has taken us six months to get it straightened out even though we have a signed contract with the rate we are supposed to get! They keep charging us double and telling us too bad. Hopefully the last rep we got straightened it out, but once our contract is up we are totally cancelling. They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with, and will not even respond to emails that you send. I would pay more to deal with directv or cable any day

I hate Dish too- we had a sales rep come to the door and talk my hubby into it- BIG mistake- he totally lied about so many things, and it has taken us six months to get it straightened out even though we have a signed contract with the rate we are supposed to get! They keep charging us double and telling us too bad. Hopefully the last rep we got straightened it out, but once our contract is up we are totally cancelling. They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with, and will not even respond to emails that you send. I would pay more to deal with directv or cable any day

Thier customer service is the worst ever. I still think they have the best deal, especially if you want TV is 4 rooms to be hooked up. I don't care though...when I need satelite service again, I'll go with Direct TV (even though it cost more)

Dish is such a pain in the butt...they lie about their charges and getting everything worked out is next to impossible. I stuck with it and finally got our problems worked out.

My mom has Dish and LOVES it. I HATE it. They don't have near the channels for kids as Directv (unless you pay more). But everyone has an opinion. I just wish that directv had a deal like this.

Other then PBS Kids what else does Direct have that Dish doesnt?

Dish has--

Disney - east / west (available in all Dish packages)

Nick - east / west (available in all Dish packages)

Boomerang (in Dish 250 package)

Cartoon Network (available in all Dish packages)

Nick Toons (in Dish 250 package)

Toon Disney (in Dish 200 package)

Noggin (in Dish 200 package)

I have basic Directv package with local channels for 42.99.

Disney 1 & 2

Toon Disney

Nick 1 & 2

Nicktoons (My kids' favorite)

Noggin

PBS Sprout

Cartoon Network

Boomarang

Regular PBS

Discovery Kids

My mom has Dish version of what I have and only has 4 or 5 channels. I have to take dvd's when we go in for the holidays.

12 channels in all for the kids.

I just tried, and was told I have to do autopay

I have to talk to my honey before doing that

Be cautious with giving Dish access to you credit card and bank account info. They withdrew over 400 out of my account after I canceled with them (to pay for the receivers that I was trying to send back to them--they wouldn't tell me how to do it-- then they wouldn't send the boxes) -- and they continued to withdraw monthly fees. It took forever for me to get everything straightened out, which I eventully did, but it was a BIG BIG headache. I wouldn't do business with them again. I wouldn't advise giving them access to your money.

Agree with some of the other comments.

Been a dish network customer for over 10 years, and I would consider myself a happy customer overall. I have had some truly great experiences w/ customer service and some that were horrendous, and when they goof...Oh my, major headaches can ensue. I would love to make use of this deal, but the thought of giving them direct access to funds freaks me out.

I didn't even think of that. I don't think I would want them to have that access either. I can live without Cinamax (not even that good). But you are right....head aches could be right around the corner. Don't you have to renew one or two years??

They know then that you can't cancel without stiff penalties. I'll call my mom and tell her to sit this out. She doesn't really pay that much attention to her accounts and I don't think I would like her doing this. Thanks for making me think twice. Better safe than sorry.

I have basic Directv package with local channels for 42.99.

Disney 1 & 2

Toon Disney

Nick 1 & 2

Nicktoons (My kids' favorite)

Noggin

PBS Sprout

Cartoon Network

Boomarang

Regular PBS

Discovery Kids

My mom has Dish version of what I have and only has 4 or 5 channels. I have to take dvd's when we go in for the holidays.

12 channels in all for the kids.

I have DISH and have all those channels, except maybe PBS Sprout (which is not an issue b/c dd is 9 and would not watch this anyway). I've actually got 2 different regular PBS channels b/c of where I live. I also get ABC Family and Nick GaS.