Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Do you enjoy wrapping gifts?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you enjoy wrapping gifts? (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you enjoy wrapping gifts?

1. Yes! (56 votes [51.85%])

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

2. No.. :/ (28 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

3. Eh, it's not bad but not necessarily enjoyable either.. (24 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 3:49 am

I normally enjoy it and did a bit tonight.. wrapped ten gifts and then OUCH.. sitting on the floor, poor posture as I have to lean over to wrap things and then big ole' pregnancy belly in the way.. youch! LOL. I do enjoy it though. DH says I should do it professionally. MIL said last year that next time she's just giving me the paper, tape and my present, so I can wrap it beautifully for myself.. haha. :P ETA: I mean wrapping, not putting them in a gift bag with tissue, lol.

#2 jarerice  OFFLINE  

jarerice

Jaime

• 3,618 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 5:15 am

I used to be terrible at wrapping stuff, now that I have had years of practice I love it.

#3 caitlinn  OFFLINE  

caitlinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 6:56 am

I absolutely love it! I pride myself on the complements I receive on Christmas. It's the little things that make me happy :)

#4 lilquiet  OFFLINE  

lilquiet

• 3,492 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 6:59 am

I'm the worst when it comes to wrapping. If I can just put it in a bag or a pre-decorated box that's a plus for me. :)

#5 sadmom5  OFFLINE  

sadmom5

happily addicted member

• 1,744 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 7:21 am

I really enjoy it when I have the time- but I have been known to be seen cursing on x-mas eve while trying to wrap the forgotten(or things dh bought THAT day) so things can be taken to the in-laws!

#6 lindabacker  OFFLINE  

lindabacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 7:23 am

I used to love it - I was all precise about it and would rewrap if it wasnt perfect. Now with 2 kids and 50 zillion things to wrap I hate it. I'm lucky now if the box contents are concealed completely with the wrapping paper.

#7 scrabbler  OFFLINE  

scrabbler

Just Me

• 2,739 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 7:30 am

I dislike wrapping. What a waste of money. Even with deals and mark downs, bows and ribbons and paper and tape...all to be tossed aside like a bad prom dress. I have been known to just bag it or hide it unwrapped and give clues so they can find it.

#8 erinplus3  OFFLINE  

erinplus3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 8:27 am

I enjoy it if I don't have kids banging on the door saying they need me, and DH leaves me alone too. But if I have to rush, I don't enjoy it. I'm not the best wrapper, I'd probably give myself a B-, but it's still fun.

#9 Melissa  OFFLINE  

Melissa

• 1,098 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 10:33 am

I enjoy it if I don't have kids banging on the door saying they need me, and DH leaves me alone too. But if I have to rush, I don't enjoy it.

I'm not the best wrapper, I'd probably give myself a B-, but it's still fun.

:yup: My thoughts exactly.

"My one regret in life is that I am not someone else." ~ Woody Allen

#10 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,595 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 10:59 am

I also HATE wrapping. I enjoy the 1st one maybe but by the 500th I am ready to scream. I try to wrap 10-20 each morning 10-20 each night until they are DONE but I have a bedfull of things in there that have to be done by Monday and I haven't even thought about it. I DID howeaver wrap Dh's grandmother and mothers things in REALLY cute holiday dishtowels intead of paper and I am excited about those!

#11 copados1993  OFFLINE  

copados1993

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 5:37 pm

Hate it.....Hate it....still hate it....did I mention I REALLY hate it??????????;)

#12 lennon2004  OFFLINE  

lennon2004

• 4,397 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 1, 2007 - 5:42 pm

I'm not very good at it, so no. :P
"Why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?"

#13 satidwell  OFFLINE  

satidwell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 7:02 am

I don't mind it but I'm a bit spoiled my dh does most of the wrapping due to the fact he loves it, I will take and put all the clothes in a box and let dd do those I really don't have too wrap that often otherwise I would probally Hate it!

#14 Shortness  OFFLINE  

Shortness

Everybody needs love...

• 6,725 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 9:53 am

Normally, I enjoy it--and after the gifts are under the tree, I feel good about it. My girls were gone last night, so my ds helped me wrap all of theirs plus dh's. He had a good time, which I enjoyed. Then, I sent him to the bedroom to play computer while I wrapped his and a couple others I forgot. I sat wrong on the floor, so my fibromyalgia got acting up. But, I got almost everything wrapped in one night. I'll have a few more trickle in, but I just feel so good to be almost done so early in the game--I'm never this far this early.
If not today, maybe tomorrow...:mail:

#15 justjessie99  OFFLINE  

justjessie99

Live....Love...Scrap!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 10:30 am

I LOVE WRAPPING... My dad brings my mom's gifts to me and pays me to wrap.. $$$hee hee..LOL
Under our treee you can tell the ones I wrap and the ones hubby wraps.....:(.. oh well at least he trys!! even if he used the whole roll of tape...LOL

every gift I haver bought so far is wrapped and under the tree.

Plus right now all the santa gifts are wrapped and stored away.. hee hee I'd so ahead of schedule. :) :) :)

All I have to buy is 3 things and 2 gift cards...YEAH!!!!!

:)

Jess

Some people are like slinkies ~

Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs. :smirk:

#16 BoulderChick  OFFLINE  

BoulderChick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 1:49 pm

I LOVE wrapping!!!!! My Mom taught my brother and I to wrap. when I am wrapping gifts for other people my DH comes in the room and sings "My name is Kim and I'm a wrapper":D He is very silly!

#17 lisamag  OFFLINE  

lisamag

Friends help each other

• 3,116 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 2:09 pm

I enjoy it if I don't have kids banging on the door saying they need me, and DH leaves me alone too. But if I have to rush, I don't enjoy it.

I'm not the best wrapper, I'd probably give myself a B-, but it's still fun.

same here. i hate having to stay up christmas eve wrapping gifts. i don't usually do it early because i'm afraid i'll forget what i bought and get it again. but this time i'm making a list and wrapping a little at a time. i like the wrapping it's part of the fun.

#18 scrabbler  OFFLINE  

scrabbler

Just Me

• 2,739 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 3:21 pm

When I do wrap, I never put names on my kids gifts. Instead I put letters standing for what is in the box. Last year one was like KKY: it was a knifty knitter and yarn. That way I know what the gift is before they open it in case we want to open one early.

#19 Imacarolinagirl  OFFLINE  

Imacarolinagirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 5:19 pm

nope, not really.. thanks for asking though.. ;)
I was no where NEAR aisle 7!! :gdwasntme:

#20 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 5:49 pm

If it's quiet in the house (LOL) and not last minute, I don't hate it. But in general, I miss the days where stores gift-wrapped!!! (Definitely pre-kids)
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

#21 pottsie66  OFFLINE  

pottsie66

• 1,151 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 7:44 pm

I dislike wrapping. What a waste of money. Even with deals and mark downs, bows and ribbons and paper and tape...all to be tossed aside like a bad prom dress.

I agree. Yes, the gifts do look very pretty but I can't get past the amount of waste it is - environmentally and monetary.

#22 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,723 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 7:52 pm

I don't really like wrapping but for gifts that the family is giving I put extra bows and make it look pretty...the ones "Santa" wraps are always just wrapped and some get one of the sticky bows, but that is it. I don't wrap anything that goes in the stockings.

#23 justjessie99  OFFLINE  

justjessie99

Live....Love...Scrap!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 8:09 pm

LOL I don't use bows or ribbons.. I found that out the hard way.. I had wrapped all the gifts, and had them under the tree, the next day I woke up to ALL the bows had been chewed OFF and the ribbons chewed and played with:mad:... DAMN kitties. Now all we do is wrap and use (sticker)tags. Same for my paren't house... kitties and bows don't always work..LOL

Jess

Some people are like slinkies ~

Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs. :smirk:

#24 mahalia52  OFFLINE  

mahalia52

Addicted to Shopping???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2007 - 8:27 pm

I am a terrible "wrapper" so no I do not enjoy it.....:(
Love 2 Shop:)

#25 Tara3117  OFFLINE  

Tara3117

Black Friday is my Super Bowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 3, 2007 - 7:40 am

I hate wrapping gifts! I usually put it off until the last possible second. I'm sure I'll be wrapping on Christmas day! Since I moved this year, I don't have a good hiding spot though so I might need to wrap sooner. I started hiding things in my closet, but now I can't shut the door!
"If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her eighteenth birthday, you can get out of bed." ~ E. Jean Carroll

#26 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 3, 2007 - 8:26 am

It used to be one of my favorite things to do. I'd go all out- ribbons, bow's, coordinating tag's and paper. Seems like I'm too buys anymore to really get into it. It's turned into a chore- which is sad.

#27 kellane26  OFFLINE  

kellane26

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 3, 2007 - 10:05 am

I like it now that I have a kitchen table that's 36" tall. It's the perfect height for gift wrapping!

#28 Scanner420  OFFLINE  

Scanner420

GD's Resident Carolina Panther's Fan!!!!

• 1,748 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 3, 2007 - 10:09 pm

Hate wrapping!! Hate it!!! Hate it more than I hate steamed veggies!!! (trust me it's alot!!!!)

#29 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,745 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 4, 2007 - 6:49 am

Cannot stand wrapping. Haha. I know it has to be done so thats why I got everything done last week. Im usually the gal wrapping a couple days before christmas, so got on the ball this year. Only thing left though is the dog items and my gifts to my parents and nieces and nephew

#30 lucyismycat  OFFLINE  

lucyismycat

Hockey Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 4, 2007 - 7:02 am

I don't hate it, necessarily, but there are other things I'd rather do. DH, on the other hand, loves to wrap gifts, and is a perfectionist about it. His patterns ALWAYS match, he's like a little seamstress in the dining room, measuring the box, measuring the paper, tape here, tape there, etc. If he doesn't have a box to fit something shaped irregularly, he makes one. He doesn't do bows, though, so I handle the embellishing. I have his gifts here at my office to wrap, and I know there will be a very visible difference between the gifts he wraps and mine. I'm just glad he likes to wrap, gives me more time to shop! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users