Tell me about your local TRU's electronics dept, please. (an employee touched me..)

alimfp

I'm a little irritated.

We went to TRU this morning. They had lines alllll over the place for random cash registers. Fine. There was mass chaos over at electronics. DH just wanted to pop in to look at one thing, not even on sale.. we sort of stood outside of the dept looking around but all of the lines were for registers. So DH walked into the electronics dept, no problem. I went to walk in (through the security things) and suddenly two employees jumped in front of me. One man and one lady - the lady grabbed my stomach (I am pregnant), I mean put her entire palm on my belly near my navel and PUSHED me back while saying I had to wait in line to get into electronics.

I was so shocked, I just backed up and walked out of TRU. DH of course followed and was shocked they didn't stop him but they sure as heck stopped me (neither of us had merchandise).

Did you have to wait in line to get into electronics? We looked from outside of the store and saw no line. In fact, people were in and out a LOT.. ? DH is now telling me to email corp about it (since jumping in front of me was good enough, she didn't have to push me back by putting her hand on my belly.. I wasn't walking fast, I was just casually walking..) but I don't know.. :rolleyes:

Ali - I would sooooo report this to the store manager and corporate. And if you felt violated in any way, maybe even the authorities. She had NO right to put her hands on you. Please tell me it was not a hard push?

You may want to call corporate instead of emailing them, same with the store manager, as in my opinion, this is a serious thing. They should NEVER put hands on you unless you are breaking the law, which I know you were not.

So sorry this happened to you. <hugs>

I agree with the above posters! I would call, e-mail and call again. No WAY would I let them get away with that. You are much more patient than me because I would have made a scene. They should have never done that but especially to a someone who is pregnant.

Sorry that happened!!

I would email or call corp.I also would call and speak to the store manager. Back about 10 years ago I was in TRU on black friday and a box fell from the top of a shelf hitting me in the head. I was ok just mad that a TRU employee had pushed it from the otherside of the shelf. Anyway they were very nice and called me numerous times to check on me. I think they thought lawsuit.

This morning I too could not enter the electronics area.Wanted to look for Gameboy Games. I got close to the security area but it was blocked off with carts. I went to our TRU twice this AM. Both times the lines were so long it was not even worth getting the toys I wanted since you couldn't even push a cart through the store. The people were waiting in aisles that people were trying to shop.

Hope your baby belly is doing ok now! Congrats!

Ali - I would sooooo report this to the store manager and corporate. And if you felt violated in any way, maybe even the authorities. She had NO right to put her hands on you. Please tell me it was not a hard push?

You may want to call corporate instead of emailing them, same with the store manager, as in my opinion, this is a serious thing. They should NEVER put hands on you unless you are breaking the law, which I know you were not.

So sorry this happened to you. <hugs>

I agree with the above post!! Call corporate, call the store manager, AND call the authorities!! It is assault plain and simple!

I guess I was just confused about her saying they had a line to get into the dept. DH and I looked! I mean, I really wasn't trying to sneak in (we didn't want to buy anything!!). And when we had left but looked through the windows, there was NO line. So I just don't get that part at all. And DH walked by into electronics with np, but me? Weird. :/

Patty - I don't know what to compare the force of it too. It wasn't as hard as she could push, but once she began - I about tripped because I wasn't prepared to start walking backwards!

I may call this weekend or go in, I'm just feeling very uneasy for some reason. Normally I'm the one who complains about cruddy service anywhere, so this is unlike me.. :/

With all of what I hear about the questionable service etc from Tru lately, I am not sure if I would even bother complaining.

I have a feeling they will comment some nonsense about how busy it was on BF. Especially if you do not know the pushers name....

It doesn't make it right tho and I am sorry that it happened to you and most especially that it still is bothersome to you.

Know in your heart that the chick was wrong and you did nothing improper in the least.

There was a line at ours and I'm guessing most had it that way... they wouldn't let you out of the electronics dept with any of the sale items, so you had to ring up all your sales there. So everyone who wanted anything from electronics had to get in that line, they blocked off the dept and made a line that went around the store, letting in a few people at a time. I walked out before my mother was done ringing up her stuff, then she had a problem and they wouldn't help me back in to help her out it sucked.......so yeah I bet that was normal...

That being said if she'd have touched me like that I would have had issues and I agree with the other posters.. contact corporate... I will be about the issues we had, there were only 3 zunes (which sucks but I can't complain about that because they didn't say how many they had) but my issue was they had set aside some for employees that didn't wait in line so all the people behind me didn't get one even though some of them had been there most of the night.

Security are not allowed to touch customers, sure there are circumstances where verbal communication isnt working or in the case of witnessed theft. I would call corporate ASAP so they can get a copy of the tape / video (I am sure the whole electronics area is on DVR CCTV and they will have a recording). You may also want to consider contacting the authorities. I would be livid!

Wow, I read your post and it got me so mad! How dare she put her hands on you?? If anyone ever laid a hand on my pregnant belly and psuhed me, they would pull back a bloody stump. Call the main office, and if that gives you no satisfaction, sane a letter to the CEO, his last name is Storch, I forget his first name. I sent a letter about their horrendous online department, and a woman called me a few days later, and gave me money back on an item Istill had ($40) becuase of my troubles.

I definitely agree with the others who are saying you should definitely contact all who can be contacted about this issue. How dare someone put their hands on you, no matter how busy and stresseful things are she had no right to put her hands on your body.

I had a situation happen to me this morning and since I don't really want to make a new thread about it, I will post it here. This morning I got to TRU at about 2:45 a.m. and I was about 12th in line. It was freezing here and had just snowed on Thanksgiving, but they had really good deals that I was in the market for.

I wanted to get the PS2 with the 3 free games and the $19.99 wireless guitar for the PS2. My experience outside freezing my tush off was the most pleasant experience I had at TRU today, because I was in line with a great bunch of people. Anyway, when 4:55 a.m. rolled around a group of people got out of their cars and lined up in front of the Babies R Us entrance.

We, who had been in line for hours, got really scared that they were going to open that line first but thought surely not. Well they did, they opened the BRU lines first and those people were already running across into TRU and the electronics by the time they opened our doors. So it was a mad dash once inside.

I made it over to the electronics and snaked around the aisles and on the back wall were 2 shelves, a bottom shelf and the one above that one with about 7 guitars stacked on each shelf with a big white tag that said $19.99 reg. $39.99 in the middle of the two stacks. I grabbed one off the top and made my way into the ridiculous, no order whatsoever, people cutting in front of others left and right sham of a line.

When I got up to the cashier I asked for the PS2 and he scanned my stuff. I had already calculated my expected total so I was shocked when the total he told me was about $50 more than I expected. I asked him if he had taken of the price of all the games and he said yes and I said, ok, and not wanting to hold up the line, I paid with a check and left the line.

I looked at my receipt as soon as I got of line and noticed that I had been charged 60 bucks for the wireless guitar!!!! Well needless to say I was shocked because they were supposed to be 20. I went up to the customer service desk and talked to a girl who scanned the guitar and said the barcode numbers didn't match up so it wasn't the same guitar as in the ad. I was livid.

I said there were two stacks over there with a big white tag that says 19.99. And she said there was nothing she could do besides go check and see if there were any more of those left. Obviously there were not. I said so basically what you're telling me is that someone stocked the guitars in the wrong place, and she said yes. She said all she could do was refund my money onto a gift card that I could bring back in 7 days to get cash for it.

Now being 60 unexpected dollars lighter today was not in my plans, so I was really upset. I went home and my parents were surprised to see me home so early. I began to cry and told them how TRU had bascially screwed me. My mom got really upset so she and I and my sister went back up there and told the whole story again to a man who I guess was an assistant manager or something and he was nice but directed us to talk to the store manager.

Now believe me when I tell you this woman was the rudest, most unprofessional, condescending store manager that I have ever had the displeasure to come into contact with. She basically told me I was wrong and lying about where the tag had been placed. She called me sweetheart instead of maam when she got annoyed with my insistence that the tag had been in the place I said it had been in, which to me dripped of condesencion, she frequently rolled her eyes and spoke very loudly embarrassing me and calling attention to us.

She was very unapologetic and rude. My mom contacted another manager or something, and finally they agreed to give me back the money right then and there. I was so upset. I was out there for hours willing to spend money and they treated me like crap. We ended up going to CC and getting the GH2 bundle for a little more than we were going to spend on the game and guitar separately.

I have contacted corporate headquarters and was told to be expecting a call back in about 2 business days. I swear I will never set foot in TRU again to buy something.

I'm sorry, I had to vent somewhere and I figured where better than this website where I can share my experience and help others out. Thanks for listening.

Our tru just let whoever wanted to go into electronics go. When it was time for the store to open, a bunch of young girls probably between 18-20 came out of their cars and you can tell that they, were going to make a dash when the door open. They were very unwelcomed, the whole line started yelling at them to get in line. They started cussing and said they were not waiting inline, needless to say they didn't make it into the store the minute they opened like they wanted. The only problem we had was when it came time to checkout. They were very unprepared for it. and it wasn't until there was a big mess that they finally got the line to weave complete around the inside of the store. I kind of felt sorry for the employee that had to stand at the end of the line with a balloon, so everyone knew where to go.

I am a firm believer in contacting businesses corporate offices. I have had to do this both times we have purchased our computers and have done it several times with restraunts. Companies need and want to know what is going with their local stores. Please contact TRU corporate office and inform them of the rude and inappropriate behavior you experienced. There is no need for an employee (or anyone else for that matter) to touch you, especially an obvious pregnant lady.

Let us know what happens.

I would contact corp. too. I had a similar problem too. I wanted to get into electronics to get a pen set for my son's ninDS b/c they are hard to find (we have a ninDSlite too and the pens don't fit the older one) and the guy was standing at the entrance of elec. dept. and told me that I had to wait in line to look. JUST TO LOOK!!! I told him what I wanted and he said I still had to wait. He put his arm in front of my nose and said I had to go in line or get out! They had the line snaking in and out of every isle in thier. I was gonna wait, but my sis-in-law was in that line for 2 hours to get a set of games. I decided to just leave, b/c I had a couple of other stops to make. That made me so mad. It was awfull this year, and our store doesn't ever have enough buggies, even on a reg. day. I had to carry around my stuff for an hour (dora block set, handiworkshop, eeyore, food set, sleeping bag and a treehouse thing) and finally went to the front door and another lady was going to find a buggy so I told her I would watch her stuff if she would get me one too. She did and was so nice. But what made me mad is I saw several employess walking around, doing nothing and no one offered to help me. I kept dropping stuff and was almost in tears at one point. Next year I will try to get my stuff early and get a price adjustment later instead of dealing with all that mess.

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry this happened to you. Please call Corp ASAP! If you wait they won't take you as serious, thinking well if she was really upset she would have called right away. I know you are VERY upset and who wouldn't be?!?! Keep us posted on what happends. I hope you are feeling a little better!

I'd call a lawyer and have them contact corporate! There's no way someone should be laying their hands on you for any reason and if you were my wife, the guy/girl would have been flying across the store!

Get a Lawyer and sue!

'Toys "R" Ali' does have a nice ring to it!!!