Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Target (Updated For The Day After Black Friday!)

mysticmage

The Ultimate Guide - Get What You Want On Black Friday

Thank you to everyone whom has posted comments regarding my thread. They have really helped me and you can expect a newer and better version of this thread to be posted next Black Friday and I hope I'll learn a few things by staying with Gottadeal. Without support from Private Messages and Posted on this thread, I doubt it would be as good as it is today and maybe even better this year. Thank you all:howdy:

Due to many questions that get asked several times over and over again, I have made a FAQ section. This section will go over thoroughly almost all questions and regards you could have about going to Target and their systems. This thread's main purpose is to educate people about Target for either the first time shopper, or you are going back for your tenth time. Regardless of the situation you may be in, the tips I have are designed get answers to your questions faster, ensure you get what you go to Target for(even if you go before Black Friday this will explain how to get an item at the Black Friday price), and save some members the stress of hearing the same question over and over again. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find some tips you'll like below, and without further ado, please feel free to check them out!

Online Ad: http://weeklyad.target.com/target/default.aspx?action=entryflash&ref=nav%5Fweeklyad

Questions Regarding Black Friday in Store Purchases

Why should I go to Target?

Target is a store in which will allow you to enjoy a peaceful Thanksgiving meal with those whom you care for and still get great deals and some sleep! No longer will you be a slave to getting to a store at 12 PM Thanksgiving day in order to simply get a HDTV. Now you will be able to forget about those chaotic days, and welcome some methods that even allow you to get almost all items such as HD LCD TV's and LCD Monitors before Black Friday at the same price! In reality, Target has great deals and requires the least effort (matter of fact this year I won't even have to stand in line at Target following my tips) to get them!

For those of you who will be waiting in line

Now there is almost no way to get items using the price matching policy therefore if you are reading this now and want to get anything at Target looks like waiting in line will be the way to go. Don't worry, with answers to many frequently asked questions, you'll go prepared.

What time does the line start at Target?

Like Best Buy, it is based on your location. Normally, the lines aren't too bad and getting their a few hours in advance should do it unless the deal is a very, very, good bargain. In most cases, getting there at 3:00 AM should do the trick. The line begins, however, at around 12:00 AM on Black Friday.

Does Target do wake-up calls?

Target used to in the past however the service no longer exists. There are a few companies who are doing them, however, the earliest is 6:00 AM, which is way too late for any sale.

Who should I take with me?

Everyone you can. While I like sending them off to another store, the more people, the faster it is to shop. Moreover, if you face an issue with people taking items from your cart, there are people there to watch over it.

How many of each item do they have at Target?

Unlike Best Buy, Target does not simply have 10 of one item and are very good at keeping high quantity of items. Moreover, in comparison to a store such as Best Buy, people will be looking for things outside of the Electronics department so if your far back, it isn't much of an issue. They almost always have so much, you can come hours after the sale, and still get everything on your list.

Does Target do tickets?

Yes and no. They do not ticket items like Best Buy but if they only have two of an item they may hand out tickets for it. Most often, this is not the case and the answer is no. Last year I do remember one item being ticketed because they only had two or three in stock.

How long does the line get?

Pretty long, although not as long as Best Buy's even though they are pretty close at some stores. Moreover, at Target, even if last in line, most of the time you can get what you want.

Are there Door Busters?

No. Target does not do Door Busters; all item prices last for two days, though the items most certainly don't!

What do I do as soon as I get into the store?

As soon as you get in the store get to the department of the item you believe will go the fastest and grab it. Typically, electronics do not stay long so put those at top priority! Some hot items that are talked about here like the HD LCD and the 22" LCD Monitor aren't going to last long at all, so get there fast!

Does Target give out rain checks on Black Friday?

Once again, yes and no. It all depends on the item and store.

Is is like a riot in Target?

It all depends on where you live, though were I am, Black Friday is a bit more civilized. In most cases, it is a bit calmer, though it is still Black Friday... you can't expect much.

I want _____. How fast will it run out at?

If it is an LCD monitor, within thirty minutes. If it is the 1080 HDTV, within the first ten minutes. If it is an electronic, within two hours. If it is anything else, look in the forum and check the demand. Of course, your location is a major factor.

If you are first in line, can you get anything you want?

No. As stated before, Target does not do tickets therefore someone could simply get to where you want to be before you.

Does Target give out items (survival kits) to the people in line?

Yes, however the locations are very limited. Check here: http://2day.target.com/survivalkit.html for more information.

How many people does Target let in at once?

It varies based on your location. Sometimes only a group or sometimes the entire line.

What are the hot items this year?

Everything in the ad is pretty good however there are a few sales that I have pulled from being talked about around the forum. While these may or may not go the fastest, many people are looking for them.

-3 pack of Hannah Montana and her friends

-37" LCD TV

-DVD boxed sets

-Magellan 3100 GPS

-Little Mommy set

-22" Westinghouse monitor

-PSP Pack

-Guitar Hero 3 set

I have further questions regarding my specific Target store.

Calling your local Target will get you most answers. Most of the time, it is best to ask for a manager to speak to. The number is under 'Department Stores' in Yellow Pages.

Target Success Plan for Those Waiting In Line

1. Get up at two in the morning

2. Get out to your Target by 2:30 AM

3. Wait

4. Go get your items

Questions Regarding Target's Price Adjustment Policy

At this time, all stores are CLOSED for Thanksgiving, therefore, this policy and no longer be used thus you will be stuck in line... Sorry:(

How can I get an item before Black Friday at the Black Friday price?

Target has a price adjustment policy in which will allow you to adjust the price of an item within two weeks of the date of purchase if advertise a lower price on the item. Therefore, most Black Friday items such as TV's, Monitors, Games, and Movies are already out thus you can buy them, come back at any time on Black Friday or Saturday, and get a Price Adjustment.

What is their policy?

If you buy an item in advance of Black Friday (or any day, for that matter), and within two weeks, if Target advertises a lower price, they will match the price and refund the difference.

Is this in effect for all stores on Black Friday?

Yes, although some managers do not honor the policy. For more information you may wish to see the question regarding what happens when the policy is not honored.

Why do some stores not know of this?

The managers do what they feel is best without corporate instruction, and do not listen to the corporate office, or simply do not know the policy is in effect.

How can I claim this policy?

Quite simple.

1.) Go to Target within two weeks advanced of Black Friday and purchase all of your Black Friday items. Ring them up on a charge and do NOT open them until you get the adjustment. Double check the model numbers.

2.) Come back on either day of the two day sale whatever time you like.

3.) Head to the Guest Service desk and hand them your receipt for the items.

4.) You get your price adjustment(s).

Why should I use a charge and not open them?

If for whatever reason the store refutes to do the adjustment, you could take them back very easily.

What can I do to ensure I get the proper adjustment?

There are several things you could do.

1.) Refer to their policy written on the wall.

2.) Get the policy emailed by the corporate website (Make sure the response is sent to you and no one else has used it)

3.) Call the district manager or make a threat to do so

4.) Threaten to not leave until you get the adjustment

5.) Make a threat to take legal action

Why should I not use someone else's email they sent to Target?

You should get your own as if they look up the ID and find this letter was looked up 40 times today, they may decline your claim. Moreover, if the letter was addressed to Heather, and your name is Mike, you aren't going to pull it off.

What is Target's email?

[email protected] is Target's email. Please allow 1-3 days for a reply.

Can I buy something in advance and return it to rebuy?

No. It takes them a while to get it back on the shelf, if they chose to put it back. Moreover, Black Friday is to bring people to the stores with hopes of getting the deals and buy something else while you are out there.

Does Target do Price Matching?

No, they do not. Price Matching is when you another store advertises a lower price and they will match the price. However, they do price adjustments which is very different.

Questions Regarding This Thread

All questions regarding this thread should be posted for me to see and I will answer them. As of now, there are no plans to make a FAQ section for that and I'm doubtful I'll need one to thoroughly cover a few more days.

Further questions will be added when asked.

If you found my thread helpful I'd like it if you could post and bump my thread. If not that's fine too.

Good luck at Target and I hope you get what you are looking for:)

Just added a new Q&A.

What are the hot items this year?

Everything in the ad is pretty good however there are a few sales that I have pulled from being talked about around the forum below. Whilst these may or may not go the fastest, many people are looking for them.

-3 pack of Hannah Montana and her friends

-37" LCD TV

-DVD boxed sets

-Magellan 3100 GPS

-Little Mommy set

-22" Westinghouse monitor

-PSP Pack

-Guitar Hero 3 set

Thanks so much for the list. Does anyone have the email address for Target? I would like to get the policy emailed directly with my name on it?

I emailed [email protected] yesterday and received a reply today with the information that price adjustment is valid on the 2-day sale ad. I signed the email with my name and Target used my name in their email reply.

Thanks for this list. It was very helpful. Also thanks to NeepNeep. I just emailed them to get my own letter. This will give me a few bucks back to shop with for someone else on my list as I found some things from their ad already on the shelf today. Yay! I may be able to sleep in before going to work now. :)

Thanks for this list. It was very helpful. Also thanks to NeepNeep. I just emailed them to get my own letter. This will give me a few bucks back to shop with for someone else on my list as I found some things from their ad already on the shelf today. Yay! I may be able to sleep in before going to work now. :)

I hate when I had to work on Black Friday, now I'm glad I can simply call off and take that as a 'personal day'. Best wishes at Target and I do hope you find everything you are wanting to get:)

I just emailed them also. I called our Target today and was told - very definitively, NO, they will not price adjust on Black Friday!:mad:

I think I'll try it anyway.

~Annette

You may wish to try a different store. Moreover, the site said yes, therefore, they need to honor the adjustment. If the site said no, you need to email them back.

Thank you. I emailed them today and hope to get a response soon. I was told that they would do price adjustments at one but at another I was told no. I got everything I wanted.

Like said before some managers do say no to price adjustments for some odd reason, no one is really sure. I hope at the other store you are able to enjoy your Black Friday and get the adjustment.

Good luck :)

I had the Guest Services person tell me no (young girl), but I had an older lady, very nice, back in toys tell me that they are not making it public knowledge that they will do the PAs, but they will if it was bought in the last 7 days...so I guess I'll see on Friday...maybe I should draft an e-mail to corporate now, to have the response in hand when I go...hmmm...

Excellent work, mystic mage! Very thorough!

Thank you, I'm very glad you had liked it Kubla. Good Luck at Target, I hope you get what you are looking for:)

I had the Guest Services person tell me no (young girl), but I had an older lady, very nice, back in toys tell me that they are not making it public knowledge that they will do the PAs, but they will if it was bought in the last 7 days...so I guess I'll see on Friday...maybe I should draft an e-mail to corporate now, to have the response in hand when I go...hmmm...

That would be a good idea just incase of an issue. Good luck at Target and I hope the adjustment goes fine:)

On the Targets that are located in malls do you suggest going in the door nearest Electronics (also known as the enterance from inside the mall) rather than the main front enterance?

It depends on the mall. My mall makes us wait outside and then rush to the store when the doors open:yuck: If you are aloud in and they will open the door from that location, that would be a great place to be. If you aren't aloud in the mall, then staying outside will be your best bet.

Good luck at Target and I hope you get everything your going for:)

It depends on the mall. My mall makes us wait outside and then rush to the store when the doors open:yuck: If you are aloud in and they will open the door from that location, that would be a great place to be. If you aren't aloud in the mall, then staying outside will be your best bet.

Good luck at Target and I hope you get everything your going for:)

Im thinking they should because they have to let people in the mall because Sears and Macys will be open too. I'm going to try it because our stores so big by the time you get through the toys to get to the electronics the TV's would be gone if I came in the main door.

Im thinking they should because they have to let people in the mall because Sears and Macys will be open too. I'm going to try it because our stores so big by the time you get through the toys to get to the electronics the TV's would be gone if I came in the main door.

Okay, if they will let you wait there, then do so. It would be best to do to ensure you get your item.