Hot Purses / Handbags for 2007????

jarerice

Freesia you are more of a bag queen than I could ever dream to be. I have to tell you something though, like you, I have never been fond of D & B, but the Giant catalog that I received in the mail really changed my mind. I went on the website that you linked and looked at new products and saw just a sampling of the bags that were in the catalog. They were really gorgeous. Just right for a new grad! ( you are a new grad, right?)

LOL let's play the "how old do i look again?" game. i graduated from college in 2003, so i'm a ripe old 26 (almost 27.)

some of the D&B bags are cute, but i prefer their classic monograms bags so that in theory, they never look out of style. right now i'm carrying burberry but i've had it for over a year now and i really don't want to give it up right now. i also treat it like a baby, keeping it clean and out of rain and amusement parks (that's where i dig up the fake bag from thailand... because i don't care if you spill anything on it. cost me less than a 10 dollar bag here, i think... 2 bucks.)

my mom used to be a huuuuuuuuuge d&b fan, back when i was little they had the duck on there, so i called it the "duck brand."

and for random info:

http://www.hilary.com/fashion/fakeorfendi.html

and of course, the new tupperware party is the purse party...

i live in LA, so i see everything out here bag wise. i think if i ever go back to northern california, the name brand craziness should die down a bit, except in the city (san francisco).

So what kind or brand of purse/handbag would be good to get my sils? I would like to stay under 50.00 each!

try the department stores this weekend (such as macy's) and cruise their bag section. they may have additional markdowns on coach and dooney and bourke bags. you may get lucky and find something if it hasn't been picked over yet.

otherwise... if you are near a coach outlet, try that.

or you can find just as nice guess bags bags at macys that imitate coach and prada bags. the big g's instead of c's, the triangle G that looks like a prada symbol.

also, see if you can pick up a "lesportsac" bag cheap this weekend at the dept stores. those are nice bags.

I am a D&B lady myself, but I got my dd a coach of ebay and I want it for myself. Its small like I prefer, I cant afford to get a big purse, lol.

Honestly I havent seen a D&B bag I like this year, the last one I got is a madris, I need to change out to a more winter looking bag, I have a black one I think I am going to change to.

I do like some of the coach purses on the website, I just cant afford them. Boy am I glad D&B is cheaper.

I guess I'm just engaging the in betterment of my wallet by buying a cheap imitation of a Coach bag. BTW, the bag I bought is no longer on the website, but it does NOT have rope handles. This is the bag I got.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/smaxey/Coach.jpg

still just a cheap fake.

So what kind or brand of purse/handbag would be good to get my sils? I would like to stay under 50.00 each!

since you started your thread asking about brands only and even became somewhat defensive when other posters questioned your budget, I'd have to say that I understood your budget to be quite higher. Most of the brands listed are for "trendy" are not within your price range. Perhaps if you would have divulged that info from the beginning , the posters could have been of mostr assistance. The brands I have seen listed may buy you a key chain from those "trendy" brands". You may to reconsider re-posting a thread asking what brands (withing the 50 dollar price range) are trendy.

since you started your thread asking about brands only and even became somewhat defensive when other posters questioned your budget, I'd have to say that I understood your budget to be quite higher. Most of the brands listed are for "trendy" are not within your price range. Perhaps if you would have divulged that info from the beginning , the posters could have been of mostr assistance. The brands I have seen listed may buy you a key chain from those "trendy" brands". You may to reconsider re-posting a thread asking what brands (withing the 50 dollar price range) are trendy.

Wow, I wasn't aware that I became defensive!!!! I was simply asking a question. And I never would have thought that the way I worded my thread would bother you or anyone for that matter!

This thread took off on its on with all of the talk of the expensive handbags and the less expensive knock offs. I had nothing to do with that! I simply wanted my question answered!

All of you comments were thought over while I was considering what to buy! Thanks for you thoughts and comments!

I was at the Coach outlet, and the Donney Outlet yesterday. Donney had some very nice signature bags for $67.00 ( Clinton, CT). Coach had a few of the mixed print bags in the mid $100.00 range. I almost bought both!

Does anyone know of a list of Dooney Outlet locations?

Thanks!

I'm just jumping in on this but I kind of understood the original question not just to be what "brand" is hot but want kind of trends are hot in handbands. Let's face it -doesn't take a much thinking to put out there that a Fendi bag is at the top of the list! But who can afford that for a gift and by the way if you can ...please put me on your list :) ANYWAY... Metallics are pretty popular this winter in handbags and so are the croc. skin purses. Take note of what she carries as far as size goes though because people can be pretty particular about what kind of purse they carry. Good luck to you and just FYI I don't spend that kind of money on a purse either and IF for some Unearthy reason I did, it would not be for somebody else. Happy Shopping!!!

Wow, I wasn't aware that I became defensive!!!! I was simply asking a question. And I never would have thought that the way I worded my thread would bother you or anyone for that matter!

This thread took off on its on with all of the talk of the expensive handbags and the less expensive knock offs. I had nothing to do with that! I simply wanted my question answered!

All of you comments were thought over while I was considering what to buy! Thanks for you thoughts and comments!

Please accept my sincere apology if my response was offensive. I in no way meant for it to be however when I read it today I can certainly understand why it may have have been interpreted as such. Actually I was just frustrated because I felt as though we couldn't help you. The last post about "trends" rather than brands was probably the type of answer you sought and I agree, the current trend is heavily weighed toward metallics. I was in Target today and saw some really nice looking "trendy/metallic" bags in the $30-40 range. Another current trend is shiny (I think it's called patent leather) - someone posted that she is going to have a beijo bag party and all of the Beijo bags are absolutely gorgeous for the price. They are not sold in retail outlets (or not in jacksonville florida), you must buy them from a Beijo rep (hey Beijo rep, help me out here please) they have a website that tells the story and has pictures, but the pictures cannot even come close to the beauty of a live Beijo. I have several (okay, too many) and I have never carried one without someone commenting on the beauty. They are quite addictive though, it's hard to own just one. They're over $50.00 but not much more, I think the most I ever paid for one was $130 so they're perfect for everyday use. And, even for someone who may be a little rough on bags, scratches buff right out and they always seem to return to nearly perfect condition. Okay it's 3am, I really must do something about this insomnia.