Hot Purses / Handbags for 2007????

jarerice

I know every year there is a must have purse/handbag? Anyone know what it is this year? I have a very hard time keeping up with the "IN" things like that? I don't have any sisters and don't work around any ladies.

But I was thinking about getting my sister in laws a new purse this year and I really want it to be something hot and trendy.

Any ideas?

I don't know what I want to spend. I really want to know the hot brand and or kind of purse.

Any designer bag is hot. Coach, Dooney and Bourke, Juicy, just google designer bags.

Dooney can be found for under 200, Coach is generally over 200, Juicy is over that I think and some of the hot hot designer bags are in the 400, 500, 1000 range.

I personally buy bags from a local rep at www.beijobags.com

They are generally under $100 and the colors are cool, the designs are nice and versatile and I like the price and how they stand up.

I should have added too...I think the Hottest purse of the year is the one you cannot get.

Here is a link for hot bags:

http://www.bagsnob.com/2007/02/anya_hindmarch_fall_2007.html

Another article of the hot bags...most over $2000:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21116138/

And this site that tells you where you can get them and how much they run:

http://stylebakery.com/fashionindexfall/handbags.html

I love bags and have a ton of them. Around this area Vera Bradley, Zathy von Zealand and coach bags are what most everyone carries. Fossil is another one. With the exception of the coach bags the others can be purchased for under $100. I have several vera Bradley bags that range from $40- $60 for a decent size.

Any designer bag is hot. Coach, Dooney and Bourke, Juicy, just google designer bags.

Dooney can be found for under 200, Coach is generally over 200, Juicy is over that I think and some of the hot hot designer bags are in the 400, 500, 1000 range.

I personally buy bags from a local rep at www.beijobags.com

They are generally under $100 and the colors are cool, the designs are nice and versatile and I like the price and how they stand up.

Oh wow, I forgot about those. I have several Beijo bags and they are not necessarily trendy, but they are cool. I love the fact that they can take everyday use, scratches and dirt, everything...just shine them up and they look like new. The maker recommends using the dustbag for shining and buffing out scratches, but mine get so dirty I have to clean with windex first. FYI though, the newer D & B in their catalogs don't have anything (to the best of memory) in the 200. price range. I think an average for one of the newest styles (metallics) was probably around 350 for a full size bag. Even the most expensive one was only 575 I think. Before you can choose trendy for your sister, you really should at least have some sort of budget unless your funds are unlimited. If they are, I'd suggest going for classic rather than trendy, but heck it is your purchase.

coach has a new bag i saw in people this week for one grand... not sure if that's what you were thinking of, but that's the current it bag.

what is your budget? if you want something "hot and in" you can't get it at the coach outlet since that's past season and overstock merchandise.

I was at the Coach outlet, and the Donney Outlet yesterday. Donney had some very nice signature bags for $67.00 ( Clinton, CT). Coach had a few of the mixed print bags in the mid $100.00 range. I almost bought both!

I have a small Beijo bag and I love it! I've been thinking about getting another one!

coach has a new bag i saw in people this week for one grand... not sure if that's what you were thinking of, but that's the current it bag.

what is your budget? if you want something "hot and in" you can't get it at the coach outlet since that's past season and overstock merchandise.

I'm more of an outlet shopper.

I'm more of an outlet shopper.

it bags and outlets don't really go together, since i know the coach outlet does past season merchandise. however you can probably pick up a classic coach bag for a decent price at the outlets, it just won't be in a current color or pattern.

you can try dooney & bourke. this one is fairly cute:

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=21465 but that's a current item. see if you can pick it up at a dept. store on a weekend with sales.

appropriately, these are called "it bags"

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=21521 they do look a little younger.

i'm personally not a d&b or coach fan, but they do have some affordable bags. just note those above are small bags, so if she throws a lot of stuff into her purse, they may not be very functional.

Okay, I'm a cheater.....I get awesome 'replica' (fake) bags from a website called cosmofriend.com. You really CAN NOT tell the difference.

Instead of $500, I spent $72 on a Coach bag.......totally worth it, in my opinion.

I would think that engaging in the promotion of the business of copyright infringement would be "totally not worth it". But I'm just a simple Batboy in a complicated world. By the way, you didn't spend $72 for a $500. Coach Bag, you spent $72 for a cheap imitation of a Coach Bag.

ugh i can. those coach bags are in colors/combinations/patterns that do not exist in the actual coach line. plus the strap on that bag they have now looks like a rope, which would never be on a "nice" bag.

plus it's pretty illegal to purchase a "good" copy. i know the cheapie fakes i see in like LA's chinatown try to get around it by using a "G" instead of a "C" on the bag. of course, they hide their better fakes in case the cops or a customs agent shows up.

Freesia you are more of a bag queen than I could ever dream to be. I have to tell you something though, like you, I have never been fond of D & B, but the Giant catalog that I received in the mail really changed my mind. I went on the website that you linked and looked at new products and saw just a sampling of the bags that were in the catalog. They were really gorgeous. Just right for a new grad! ( you are a new grad, right?)

I would think that engaging in the promotion of the business of copyright infringement would be "totally not worth it". But I'm just a simple Batboy in a complicated world. By the way, you didn't spend $72 for a $500. Coach Bag, you spent $72 for a cheap imitation of a Coach Bag.

I guess I'm just engaging the in betterment of my wallet by buying a cheap imitation of a Coach bag. BTW, the bag I bought is no longer on the website, but it does NOT have rope handles. This is the bag I got.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/smaxey/Coach.jpg