What exactly is an “Easy Rebate”?

The End

I see from looking at the adscan that several items are listed as being a certain price after an “Easy Rebate". What exactly is this?

I’m guessing that it’s just Staples’ term for in instant savings. At least I hope it’s what it is, because I wanna stay away from items that require you to mail in a rebate.

It is online rebate submission. You still have to pay and get rebate $ sent back to you, but instead of mailing it to them and hoping they get it, you just log in, type in the info, and they tell you it is accepted and you can track delivery, etc all right there. Basically non-mail garunteed rebates.

Ditto to all of the above. You submit them on line, you can see all the stages of the process progress from submission to validation completed, to check being mailed. Out of every retailer I shop from, I have never had a problem getting my EASY rebates. CompUSA on the other hand.....dont even bother!

CompUSA on the other hand.....dont even bother!

CompUSA is MUCH better about rebates than they used to be. They also have their equivalent of Easy Rebates. I am fairly sure you are talking about several year old experiences with CompUSA and continuing to spread fears about them as a result of that makes no sense.

Rebates are a bad deal for black friday sales. They may be good prices, but many folks don't send in the rebate (or enter them online). Companies that do the rebate promotions only expect a small percentage of the money to be reclaimed. Put it on sale without a rebate? 100% of the funds are claimed.

I did an "Easy Rebate" last year for my 19" monitor. It was easy to put in, but it took almost 6 months to get it back. It also gave me lots of SPAM!:mad: I'm not sure if I would do another at Staples just because of those reasons.

I have never, ever received any spam from a Easy Rebate.

Did you only ever use this e-mail address for the Easy Rebate, or have you used it for this purpose? (or given it out to someone else?)

At any rate, you can use http://www.temporaryinbox.com to manage any site that requires you to give an address and you can turn it off at any time.

I have done staples easy rebates, and also never recieved any spam from them. The online submission was super easy to do. Although it usually takes a while for them to send your check, I have always gotten my rebates. I shop there almost every year on BF and have never had a problem.

DITTO!

Another fan of the Staples Easy Rebate, if you must use one.

This is the only one I will ever bother with anymore. I come home, copy 2 numbers off the receipt (add name addy) and it's done.

Always get the $$ in a few weeks, usually before I get the email that they sent it.

You can also do more than one rebate at the same time.