BF Portable DVD Player - Online?

4tiaras1crown

I'm hoping so, because I need one too. What I'm unsure about is whether this is considered a HOT item or not. I know Target usually isnt one for people lining up the night before like Best Buy so I dont know if I get there as they open if they will still have any left or if they give out tickets for these. Never have been to Target on BF before LOL

I looked at the ad and the portable dvd player in question has only a 2 hour battery. That's barely enough for one movie. There's actually a better deal on a portable player @ Best Buy, but not sure if that'd be available online on BF either.

Since target.com's shipping rates is based on weight, I think it'd be really expensive shipping..

I can't find a portable DVD player in the Best Buy ad that is "better" than the one in the Target ad. Best Buy has a 7" screen player at $90 that has a 2-hour battery, same rating as the Target Audiovox player with a 10" screen. Best Buy has a Sony 8" screen player that is rated up to 5.5 hours, but it is over twice the price at $170!

I'm on the $84 dvd player bandwagon too! HERE'S my dilema... for all those that care..

I'm hoping the DVD player will be online because I want the $200 walmart emerson tv... over the $200 target tru-tech tv.. THEREFOR I can't be in 2 places at once!

so as long as either the target dvd player.. or the walmart tv is in one of their online sales.. im good to go.

BUT YEAH.. no good deals on a dvd player in BB! 10 inches is awesome!:cheesy:

I was at Target last night and noticed a large amount of these in the electronics department. I just logged on here today to verify that it was the BF one and it sure is! I'm not sure how many all stores are getting but as of right now the one by me has a whole end cap dedicated to this portable DVD player. Good luck! :)

Same here in California looks like Target is getting ready alot of items being moved to make room for the "hot" items...Target seems to be getting prepared I think they know their ad is better that wallmarts....alot of people here where i live are going to target this year.. ugh...no....go to wallmart i want it to be less crowded..lol

What is wrong with it? I am looking for something to entertain my kids! Any suggestions on a better deal? Thanks

The reviews on most Audiovox players is that they are junk. If you do buy it, get the 3 year replacement warranty for $19. Also, the product is in their stores on the endcaps in electronics.

The reviews on most Audiovox players is that they are junk. If you do buy it, get the 3 year replacement warranty for $19. Also, the product is in their stores on the endcaps in electronics.

Audiovox IS total junk. I previously bought both the single portable dvd player and the dual screen one. Both were returned. So many problems with both. Sometimes the dvd wouldn't load, or the screen would freeze. Also skipping was problemsome if you plan on using it in the car. You should definitely get the 3yr replacement warranty. Although your kids will out a dvd player while you wait to get check and get another one.

BB has a Sony and a Phillips. Are they better that the Audiovox?

I bought the Sony one at Target a couple of weeks ago and so far no problems. MUCH better than the Audiovox (I did buy the 3yr warranty though just in case). I see that Circuit City will have it on BF for $189.99 (same price as Target) with a $50 giftcard; wish I would have waited. I don't know anything on the Phillips. But one advantage on the Sony one is it has a swivel screen so you can turn it around and lay flat against the body, and the control panel is still accessible. Nice feature with little kids, it's more manageable for them.

My mother is getting it for me for Christmas. I will buy the warrenty myself.

I checked the website and made some calls. It is ONLY availible in stores and there is a restocking charge of 15% for returned items. So buying and returning isn't really an option. So basically your going to have to drive and wait in line if you want it.

:rolleyes:Did anyone get a different ad in their paper than what was posted here?? :eek: The $84 DVD Player isnt even in my area...they have some really bad 6.2" for $54 instead. So, I guess no Target DVD for me unless they put it online.

That's odd. It's in the ad I got this morning and I saw them in the store earlier this week.