Employee "tickets"?

luvy

I ventured into kmart last week (having been the first time in nearly a year) and the strangest thing happened to me.... employees left and right approached me with a smile and asked if they could help me find anything:eek:

I actually did need b/c I had no clue where anything was located... they helped and then gave me a ticket with a number on it (I'm assuming their employee #) I was told to hand it to the cashier at checkout. I had 5 tickets at checkout time but the cashier just scanned a random one laying by her register. She just shrugged it off when I asked if she wanted to scan any that I had :no:

Sooo, big kudos to the friendly floor associates:D

points lost for mass un-organization of product and not so polite cashier:(

I was at Kmart over the weekend and had the same thing happen to me. I have to say I was surprised. I also noticed that the store was very clean and had been reorganized. They didn't have as much a selection as some others but I was impressed compared to my last visit (almost a year ago).

I have had Kmart workers approach me before and hand me like %20 off coupons if they assisted me, but never anything with just a number, seems like they are trying to track floor associate productivity............

And the cashier that was scanning a slip by her register instead of the ones the OP had was probably helping a friend of hers get more credits...

Christ!! They stare at me like I'm about to rob the place when I walk in!! There's always about seven people in the single check-out they have open, with the eighty year old cashier taking forever to get a price-check because the three teen-agers working the service desk are outside drinking red-bulls, talking about how K-Mart sux!!

Anyway.......what was the question again??

i was at kmart today and not one person approached me and the store always looks the same....not a mess but to much crap in the isles that you can hardly push the basket around the store

Mine is the same way... I have 3 K-Marts near me, and nobody talks to me as I wander through the store and the cashiers are never friendly... and my stores are ALWAYS a mess... they are never straightend up, and as you walk around, there are boxes and un-boxed items in the middle of MOST of the isles!!!!! I wish they would get their act together and do something like that, to give customers a better experience!!!

I went to K-mart to buy a crib and it took one hour for the stupid stock boy to make it up there to load the thing. We had to ask 4 times for someone to just bring the dolly and we would load it ourself.

Our K-mart is horrible! It never has anything you need and if it does it's not in the right place so you don't know what the price is.

I work at K-Mart and they started that card thing about 2 months ago or so. You're suppose to scanned them, but even if you don't they still get counted for. As for Kmart being crappy, I don't know about other stores, ours is pretty friendly, I love everyone I work with, however corporate pretty much sucks. Everything always is a mess because they never give us enough hours. You're lucky if you have two people to cover one half of the store. (Like they have one person to cover all of appeal, which includes fitting rooms and jewelry as well.) Any ways, back to BF, I haven't heard anything yet, but if I do, I'll keep you guys posted. :)

I work at K-Mart and they started that card thing about 2 months ago or so. You're suppose to scanned them, but even if you don't they still get counted for. As for Kmart being crappy, I don't know about other stores, ours is pretty friendly, I love everyone I work with, however corporate pretty much sucks. Everything always is a mess because they never give us enough hours. You're lucky if you have two people to cover one half of the store. (Like they have one person to cover all of appeal, which includes fitting rooms and jewelry as well.) Any ways, back to BF, I haven't heard anything yet, but if I do, I'll keep you guys posted. :)

I worked at Kmart 10 or so years ago, and it was the same thing then. Our staff was friendly, and the town was small, so we would hear about it if you weren't friendly, but corporate hung us out to dry often. Some of the scheduling was in the hands of the store manager.... <sigh> I do not miss working retail