Target Employees -- A Question

Uberfemme

Hi! Just one question about waiting in line. Is like Best Buy or Walmart? I mean, in a calm way o crazy way?

I know that last year my store had a huge line by the time I got there at 4. People were running, going crazy, and it was nonstop until around 2 pm when it died down a little. If you plan on doing your BF shopping at Target, I suggest getting there early because there are always a couple of people who start camping out the night before and the line builds and builds overnight.

I know that last year my store had a huge line by the time I got there at 4. People were running, going crazy, and it was nonstop until around 2 pm when it died down a little. If you plan on doing your BF shopping at Target, I suggest getting there early because there are always a couple of people who start camping out the night before and the line builds and builds overnight.

Thanks a lot, Does Targer manage tickets for doorbusters?

I work at Target® and have informed the regional warehouses to try to send as few 2-day ad merchandise to the stores as possible. This will also generate more rainchecks thus pissing off morfe and more "GUESTS!!" :) :)

On a serious note here...Do not go to a store on saturday and expect to get your "item you want" because you saw it in the ad and think it will be in stock. OH, and come on saturday night.....we will have plenty of "your" 2-day ad merchandise that you are looking for. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RS

Have a question for any Target employee who may know....

Do you receive shipments everyday or just certain days of the week? And are you familar with the online availability information?

I am looking for a specific item that has not been available online and when I checked local stores yesterday it said out of stock for each location. This morning I checked to see if it were available yet & it was not available online but one location stated limited availability & when I called the location it said they didn't have any.

Thanks

I work for Target. # of trucks depends on the size of the store. a Super Target might get 2 trucks a night, but a small Target may only get 4 trucks a week. There are no specifiic schedules for when we get certain merchandise, and we can't see whats on a truck until right before we unload it. Even then, we can't (shouldn't) let guests know whats on the truck before it hits the shelves. I remember last year we had 20 or 30 calls in the middle of the night (even though our phone message says we're closed) by people asking about wiis', elmos, PS3's etc. Its really hard to get merchandise on the shelves when we keep having to stop and answer the phone at 3am.

Oh yeah, and unfortunately, Target and Target.com are practicly 2 separate entities and we don't get information on online availability. We do have access to Target.com at the registry kiosks at the front of the store, and Guest Service Team Members will be happy to help you look stuff up online. The 'availability' lookup option online is only an estimate and doesn't update immediately. Keep calling your store and eventually they'll get it in. You could also call Guest Relations w/ the DPCI (found online) and they can help you find it.

I take it you have never unloaded the trucks then, because what you say is wrong, We have 5 targets around where I live not one of them are Super Targets. and ALL of them are getting 2 trucks a DAY and that is 7 days a week. one of them gets 3 and sometimes 4 trucks daily, their stock crew runs 24 hours a day. so they have 3 shifts working 8 hours rotations.