Email Alerts for a Sneak Peek of Target Ad

aidansmommy

This printed out with my receipt at Target today:

Get a sneak peek at the 2 Day Sale. See extra in-store deals early. Sign up for your email reminder at www.Target.com/weeklyad. Sneak peek begins November 21. Shop the 2 day Sale November 23 and 24. All stores are closed Thanksgiving Day.

Exciting! Those Target ad scans must be coming soon!

Wal-Mart has more social responsibility than Target actually, believe it or not. Target has an amazingly good image for a company that has an absolutely atrocious history.

Target is simply better that engineering their image than Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart treats their employees better than Target (which isn't saying much), and they engage in much more beneficial community sponsorship projects.

That said, Wal-Mart is *not* a socially responsible company. But everything is relative, and they're much better than Target.

Now if you want to shop socially responsible, shop Costco...

Apparently you have never seen the documentary "The high cost of low prices"

What an eyeopener, if any company treats their employees (esp women and minorities)

worse than WM they should be ashamed. I was appalled at watching this show, you should

see how they treat their foreign employees in China for example. I cried after seeing a

hidden camera record an incident with an elderly black man (employee)...it was sickening:curse:

I will still go to WM if I really have to, but after that I am a Target shopper for sure

as for walmart and their community sponsorship- they have a history of suing towns after they move in because they claim their tax valuations are too high. in my town they want a 50% reduction in their tax bill (to the tune of $11 million) and according to the local press have done the exact same thing in more than 2000 other towns nationwide, saving them somewhere in the hundreds of millions. hundreds of millions that otherwise would have gone directly to support the communities where they're located. so yeah, they might donate a few thousand dollars here and there around the holidays, (which is awfully easy to do when they are saving so much) but most of the people they say they're helping would be a lot better off if they just paid their taxes in the first place like everyone else.

as for walmart and their community sponsorship- they have a history of suing towns after they move in because they claim their tax valuations are too high. in my town they want a 50% reduction in their tax bill (to the tune of $11 million) and according to the local press have done the exact same thing in more than 2000 other towns nationwide, saving them somewhere in the hundreds of millions. hundreds of millions that otherwise would have gone directly to support the communities where they're located. so yeah, they might donate a few thousand dollars here and there around the holidays, (which is awfully easy to do when they are saving so much) but most of the people they say they're helping would be a lot better off if they just paid their taxes in the first place like everyone else.

A couple of years ago, our Walmart decided to build a Super Center OUTSIDE of the city limits to avoid the city taxes. The old Walmart was inside the city limits. So the city tried to annex the area they wanted to build on and Walmart told them outright, if you do, we will not build in your area, we will build it in the next town, but we will still close your store. So the city ended up cutting a deal with them where Walmart DOESN'T pay city taxes, but their employees DO!!!

(p.s. this is a VERY small town and Walmart is basically the ONLY store we have for about 45 miles or more)

I so agree with Rainee concerning Target returns! Last year after Christmas, I had an electronics return there. I had my receipt,(it was less than 30 days since purchase), and the item was still at the same store price. The store "Co-Mgr", told me (with a smile), that he would be happy to issue an instore credit, but that he couldn't take the purchase off my credit card, and said that the "system wouldn't permit the transaction", as I had also used a gift card on my total purchase for other items, (and even though the gift card amount only covered my non-electronic purchases), he still couldn't remove the electronics purchase from my card. I became very vocal (with a long line of customers behind me), and took out my cell phone,told him that I wanted the Target headquarters phone number, and the spelling of his last name. He SUDDENLY remembered how the register, might let him take the transaction off my credit card.(One of the customer service clerks looked at me and rolled her eyes). A Target employee later told me, that this is common Mgmt. practice in this particular store, and that Mgmt. will do whatever it takes to only issue "instore credit."

:gdbacktopic: I want the Target ads bad. Think they will be my stop before menards this year. I need movies!

Agreed!

Target is usually my last stop of the morning if I plan to go. One year I went there first due to a camara/printer duo they had and was pleased. Last year, after viewing the Toys R Us line wrapped completely around the store, we went to Target and were able to get every toy that was on my aunt's list, and the movies we couldn't find at Wal-Mart.

I always look forward to Target's ad and I love MY Target store. You can tell management there knows how to hire/train. Customer service is always excellent.

No matter where you shop, or for that matter the companies you deal with, customer service is always a YMMV type of thing.