Official Non-Woot "Deal-a-Day" Sites Deal & Discussion Thread

Brad

I got the same stuff!! very exciting. This may me a dumb question, but my sd card said it was for digital cameras. Can you still use it in other devices?:confused:

Absolutely! Anything that will take an SD card will take this one. The amount it will hold is small, but in a way that is good because it will work on anything! Some devices cap the limit at 1gig or 2gigs. But this should work on anything that takes SD cards.

On another note, its a Sandisk card, which I thought was cool. Reading this, I figured it would be a no-name one.

This is a really cool site, it's like woot, but they'll do a deal for a certain period of time (or until it sells out) for a highly discounted price. They also do mystery boxes for $0.99, and you won't be disappointed if you buy them, they usually come with a few great items, like a usb flash drive, sd card... anything pretty much.

About ThingFling

http://www.thingfling.com/aboutus/show.rails

Homepage:

http://www.thingfling.com/home/index.rails

Upcoming Flings:

http://www.thingfling.com/home/index.rails#tabUpcoming

(note for moderators: the tiny url link for Upcoming Flings goes to the upcoming flings module, the 'goto.php' script removes the #tabUpcoming. In short: It's not a referral link)

What does the Roboquad do?

Here is the description from Amazon

-4-legged, spider-like robot with advanced sensory awareness for navigating around the house

-Capable of identifying and following objects and making quick decisions about environment

-Direct Control, Autonomous, Guard, and Sleep usage modes; 72 preprogrammed functions

-5 scanning modes, including Approach Nearest Object and Flinch Response; dance and movement demos

I FINALLY got my BOC today from the last Woot-Off. I was beginning to get worried, but I'm sooooo happy now! In my BOC I got four items...

1) Wing Server/Plate thingy that they had up during Woot-Off

2) Red/Blk Backpack of some sort

3) 45 Read Along record/book of the A-Team (had to laugh at that one!)

4) ROOMBA!!!!!! :D (Remanufactured, but for $8 total, I'll take it!)

Anyone else get their BOC yet?

OKay, whats the scheduler one?

Is it programable to set a date/time to clean?

Reading the comments on the roomba, no one seems to like it. LOL

I have the sage colored roomba and I really like it. I also have the dirt dog roomba. I like the dirt dog better because I feel it is a little tougher and does a better job of cleaning; however, it is pretty much a no frills machine. The dirt dog is geared for a workshop but with nine kids it does a great job in the house! :D

I see some orange flashing lights on the main page – what do they mean?

No, you aren't seeing a side effect from your allergy medication. You have found a Woot-Off, a short term frenzied mutation of our product posting procedure. In Woot-Off mode, a new product is launched immediately after the sellout of the previous deal. There is a half-Woot-life of 12 hours maximum on any product within a Woot-Off that does not sell out. The number of Woot-Off items, sequence, and quantity will not be announced. When Woot-Off mode is over, the orange lights will disappear and our normal schedule will resume. Depending on its success, this may be a mode we would go into once or twice a month for a relatively short duration of time (24-72 hours generally.)

http://www.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx#q9

Newbie to Woot here :blush: , What is a Woot Off? and What time does it start?