Win a Logitech io2 Digital Writing System from Geeks.com! (Winners Announced!)

Brad

Dear Santa (Geeks.com),

The ultimate gift for me? Definitely the Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System! Why?

1. I'm a total tech-geek. If it's neat and so cutting-edge noone else has it yet, you're looking at the lone geek who heads out to buy it.

2. I do ALOT of writing for my job. So I wind up taking notes, then having to transcribe to the computer. This means way too much wasted time, and for someone with carpal tunnel, and a former broken wrist with rhumetoid arthritis (at 32 years old!), this would save my poor hand.

3. I'm lazy.... if this saves me one ounce of work, Jenn's there with her hand up going ooh-ooh-ooh like Arnold Horshack!

:)

This is what My daughter wrote. She was asking Santa for the Logitech IO2 Digital Pen from the good peopel at Geek.com and Gottadeal.com

dear santa,

why i should get the pen is because i could really use it. i would really appreciate it very much .I cant afford it.it could help me alot.I will leave you your favorite cookies and milk. i could use the pen because loose thing.i could use it to make a new phone number list to put on the computer .i could use it when i think of something to write down and then i can put it on the computer.

Thank you

Heather & Heathers mom

Dear Santa,

Hi! Is everything going as planned for you? Are the elfs getting everything made as planned? It has been a hard year for us in our building project. You remember our house burned down last year. Well, the new one should be done, and us in it before Christmas Eve this year :yup: I do have a spot for the Christmas tree already picked out. It won't be hard for you to find - as we probably won't have much furniture inside to trip over. Don't worry the kids will all be nestled nicely in their own beds. The new puppies, well...thats another thing - they don't like the crates we bought them, so watch your step.

As long as you don't go into the basement you'll be fine. Down there I have been stacking all the dinosaur parts of computers, that well intending people gave us after the fire. They knew we homeschooled all the kids, and needed them. But some of them are so old, we couldn't even upgrade them! We tried we bought more memory, upgraded the video cards, bought Logitech trackball mice and threw out the old scroll mice. Little by little we have been able to purchase newer items. But there is 3 or 4 HUGE monitors - you know the kind they don't make anymore. As well as 3 processors - that people just happen to have laying around still when they upgraded their systems 3 or 10 years ago! :yuck: I was thinking about giving them to Goodwill, but I'm not sure they would take any of it. And it would cost me a lot off money to throw those heavy monitors in the trash......maybe that is why they still had them laying around:confused:

But hey at least we have been able to purchase newer equipment, right. Except the kids refuse to use 2 of the newest computers because of that wonderful program "Vista" yeah you know the one I'm talking about. :eek: I'd like to throw it off the edge of a tall cliff someplace. Hey if you leave us a copy of XP, I could ........ well that isn't nice. But I could have hubby reformat and get rid of vista. Like I said we'll be done with the house by then so he'll have ALL KINDS of FREE TIME ;). Some of the kids programs are not even compatible with it. Alright I'll be nice, it is better than 95 or 98 or whatever was on those old dinosaurs that people gave us.

But what I'd really like for Christmas is "Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System" - you know your friends at Geeks.com have them for sale. Man do they look sweet. :eyepoppin We've been so busy building, that I hadn't had time to check into them, before I seen the contest on my favorite BF website GottaDeal! It is even becoming our oldest DS favorite site too! (a close tie to consumers report)

The youngest children are making out their lists to you separate from mine. I'm sure you'll be receiving them soon.;)

Well I have to go now. I have to find a Good Deal on an Antivirus program today. You take care and we'll see you soon.

DD will leave some of her yummy homemade pumpkin muffins out for you. :gdlicklips:

Dear Santa,

I was on my way to deliver this letter to you personally, I made it through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, then the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest but I got lost. Oh Oh I did see Arctic Puffin and he asked me if I wanted to help him pick some snowberries,but I had to take a snowcheck since I was on a mission. So I returned thinking I could hitch a ride on the Polar Express but I didnt have a ticket.

I know you will see my letter here so here goes....Ever since I can remember my parents combined my B-Day & Christmas since there is only a 7 day difference,not to mention that starting on Dec 8 for 10 whole days my younger sister and I are the same age,gosh that was hard growing up-she used to tease me and say hahaha your not the oldest right now....anyways as I got older I got use to it and my sister stopped teasing me well sorta. Well I am married now and as luck would have it my wonderful dh's (that stands for dear hubby)B-Day is Dec 2nd so here we go again everyone and I mean everyone combines our Birthdays and Christmas and not individually but as a whole-so this year I have taken matters into my own hands and am sendng you my Christmas List.

On the top of my list this yr is the Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System OH Santa it is the coolest gadget ever!!! But I bet you know that since the Elves are making them in your workshop right now. Santa that was so smart of the Elves to make sure it has the built-in learning software that converts your handwritten notes to digital text! Gosh you and the Elves really do think of everything!

Next on my list is a new digi camera I really like what the Elves have done with the Kodak 7.1 MP EasyShare P712 Digital Camera, 12x Optical Zoom, Image Stabilization I held one the other day and it's like it was made for me! Those elves sure put out quality toys!

If there is still room in your bag on the sleigh I would REALLY REALLY like a Bottle of Tiffany Perfume

Santa Thanks for reading my letter and as always there will be cheese and crackers for you and the reindeer!

Love,

Pastasalad

P.S.

Santa "if" my sister is on the naughty list for teasing me PLEASE reconsider-I dont mind it so much anymore

Dear Santa,

I have to admit I'm not a computer geek or very techno (as you well know). I'm really a stay at home, homeschooling mom to four wonderful children. I still have aspirations of writing the next great novel. I've always loved writing, but any more I have to write on the fly. I carry around college rule notebooks to jot my ideas, inspirations and Christmas lists inside. Then I have to try to remember to put it on the computer or worse yet I often completely forget my great ideas. What a mess!! If you could please, please get me the Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System from geeks.com I would be sooooo happy!! With everything that my family has going on anything that can help me stay organized would be a great asset.

I've been good this year!! I'm even hosting a Christmas party for twenty of my inlaws who will also be staying at my house the entire weekend! I usually don't ask for anything for Christmas I'm too busy trying to find the best deals so that my family can have a great Christmas. But this year I've decided it can't hurt to ask--the worst that can happen is that I'll just recieve coal, but with the cost of heating that may be a blessing!

Thanks for all that you do and have a wonderful holiday season!!

Amy

Dear Santa,

I know in the past I've been punished for being bad, and it's been reflected in the gifts I've received. You know that I always want the computer gifts and gadgets, but instead I receive every womans nightmare of gifts, like the vacuum cleaner which I sort of understood, but the limited edition weed eater was a little over the top.

This year I've really, really, really, have tried hard to be a good girl. I eat all my veggies, don't get mad when the lady in front of me at the check out can't find her check book, and things like that. The perfect gift for me this year would be the Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System.

Tell Rudolph hi, and I will leave you and him both a "special treat" on Christmas eve.

Merry Christmas,

wvblast

Dear Santa,

I once had a geek’s daydream. It was scary at first,:shock: but then I thought wow :cool: what a great idea. So here’s my daydream I had. Wow I hate writing notes then going home and just having to type them all over again. Why can’t someone just invent a pen that can save your notes, rough drafts, or any writing material you have to the computer? Well it could save images too, 300 dpi images to be exact. When I was young I could never understand why my mom wouldn’t let me take my Dell Inspiron notebook with windows XP and a 17 inch screen to school.;) Anyway the pen would be capable with Microsoft Word 2000, XP, or 2003 along with Microsoft OneNote 2003, Vision Objects MyScript Notes, Microsoft Express 5.0 or 6.0, Microsoft Outlook 2000, XP, & 2003, Microsoft Hotmail, Lotus Notes 6 or later, Eudora 5.0 or later, Netscape Mail 6.2 or later, and AOL 8.0 or later. What a great invention that would be. :eek:

Then one day wouldn’t ya figure when I was cruising the web and I went to geeks.com and found my perfect invention!!! Since the first time I laid eyes on the Logitech io2 Digital Writing system I knew it was the most extraordinary gift ever.:eyepoppin Since I have a lot of notes, reports, and just creative ideas I write down, (for school) but ultimately end up losing them.:( That is why this gift is perfect for me. Don’t forget about the pocket protector, suspenders, thick rimmed black glasses :smart:, all of the superman comics in mint condition, loafers, starch white socks, and new racecar sheets for my bed in my mom’s basement. :blush:

Love,

Mghtymth’s daughter

:holiday05 &:hert:

Dear Santa,

I'm going to attempt becoming a nurse and I'm already very strained with my schooling and then there's the paying for it with a retail job that's not exactly pleasant so, I want an entire new computer system so I can have the capability to integrate my system and use any software or gaming program available but until I first learn how to use something of the amazing capabilities I speak of I need to start with something I can understand, That's where the digital pen writing system comes in I can write down my notes for class and make sure it's legible so that I don't accidently kill someone with the wrong abbreviation that and since it's made by logitech I can count on it being something I will be able to use that I won't have to worry about crashing on me as well as always performing above and beyond expectation.

P.S.

I left you the chocolate cookies this year not the yucky ones mommy made me give you last time.

Melissa ~{@

Dear Santa :holiday05

I would so love to be able to get the Logitech io2 Digital Pen Writing System for my 18 yr. old daughter! She started her first year of college this Fall, and this would be perfect for

her!! See, I know nothing about computers, and while performing a "defrag" and 'disk cleanup" one night, she says I deleted some important things....like Wordpad??!!! :gdwasntme: Oh my gosh, there are so many things she can do with this, transfer her notes, edit them for reports, this item is so cool!!!! She's always been such a good girl and is deserving of theLogitech io2 Digital Pen Writing System. And Geeks.com are just the people to help me undo some of the damage I've done to her PC. :crossfing Thank You! angel-too

Dear Santa,

I am writing to you on a dark and stormy night. I am serious. It is dark and stormy. Just check out the radar for Western PA. I just wanted to interject that and avoid anyone thinking that I was using a cheap literary ploy.

Santa, it could be a long, cold Winter. Or a long warm Winter. Is Al Gore right? I'm not sure. On one hand, when I look at my gas bill I hope that he is right, and instead of snow we will have to shovel steaming magma from our driveways. On the other hand, I think back to my school days, and an afternoon on the skislopes with an old girlfriend. She left me for my best friend and I ran off the slopes and into a Subaru, but I digress. Besides, it was either the Subaru or the barn and the barn was less likely to move. On the other hand (this is working under the presumption that a third prosthetic hand is available) maybe the weather won't change at all. Maybe it will just be endless days of temperate grayish tedium, interspersed with scattered ennui.

Santa, at this point you may be wondering what this has to do with a Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System. I myself wondered as I began to type this missive, you see Santa, I cannot afford a keyboard. So I am crafting this plea, this plaintive wail, this cry for help on an IBM Selectric. After I finish each page, I then fax it to my email address, and using free OCR software, because I am so desperately fund-challenged, import into this text block. At this point I have to throw in kudos for Brad for providing this text block, even if he has not taken me up on my most-generous offer to be a moderator here. :(

Santa, there are two things that would really brighten my Holiday season. One would be a Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System, and the other would be more space on the GottaDeal server for my private message inbox. Sure I don't have many PM's at the moment, but I could foresee a veritable tsunami of amorous epistles from the smokin hot GottaDeal bargain babes once they find out that I would be piloting my own Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System.

Santa, I know it may seem like an impossible dream, but I will dream the impossible dream, I will reach the unreachable star, I will write the unwritable word, I don't think that I can take it, Cause it took so long to bake it, And I'll never have that recipe again, Oh, no! er, sorry, I think the OCR imported my Macarthur Park .mp8 Drat. * pulls another page out of the Selectric *

Santa, I know you're a busy guy, and if you can't find the time to put a Logitech io2 Digital Pen Digital Writing System in my stocking, I will understand. There are more important things in life, and all we can wish for is good health, good friends, and stores that do not send cease and desist letters to the bargain-minded. Have a Happy Holiday, St. Nick, and to all a good night.

:)

DB

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I'm disqualified, because I'm getting nothing for christmas cause I contributed to the green house effect which melted the polar ice caps which melted the north pole where santa clause lives, and he's mad.

I would write him a letter of apology, but I don't have a pen.

Dear Dr. Santa,

I know, I know, most people don’t classify us as doctors. To them, we are mere scientists. I sometimes feel like Ross, from the hit show Friends. Boy, is he HOT!!! If I ever get my beaker near him, I will rip off my lab coat and scream molecular equations at the top of my underdeveloped lungs. That is my #1 wish for Christmas.

I must set my human urges aside and concentrate on my work. I am limited on time. If you’ve been paying attention, you will have noticed that I have hit a rough spell this year. Mother and Daddy have moved to a retirement home in Florida, forgetting that I was still in the basement. They have left no forwarding number.

The realtor drops by at least 3 times a week to show the house. I hide in the cage I have built behind the furnace. This cage can get dangerous! I have been trying to recreate a Tyrannosaurus rex, and many mutant species are housed in the cage as a result.

Maybe we should team together on this venture. I seem to recall wishing for a live dinosaur for Christmas as a child. At the time, I couldn’t fathom why you would bring me a Tonka truck instead. Don’t worry, I have come to realize that you were just naïve and didn’t possess the technology capable of creating such a creature.

Dr., I have just a few wishes on my list. I would love to team up with you and provide the ultimate Christmas adventures for children. Oh, if only someday you would take me with you. I have nowhere to go. Mother has tried to send me to a new home before. I thought the men in white coats were fellow scientists, but when I got to the undisclosed location, I was the lab rat, not the experimentor.

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to depress you. My little heart, and I do mean little, desires the Logitech io2 Digital Writing System. If I get this, I may be able to put the finishing touches on my dinosaur project. Can you imagine what will happen if I am unable to program his brain? I have done so much research, but I have to enter hand-written commands. I would also like to write Ross a letter.. Maybe, just maybe, if he sees that I am a tech savvy girl, my chances will increase.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you ever do decide that you need help perfecting your toy machines or, and God forbid, if Rudolph ever passes, remember, I can create an indestructible, synthetic, reindeer race.

Alicia

P.S. If the realtor is here when you drop off my package, can you please drop it in the dryer vent? I have tunneled it to reach directly in the cage. Please do not wrap the package after eating, or the animals may sense the smell and devour the package.

dear Santa:holiday15

i really want a gps device BUT...i would really love this pen set so i could practice writing a list for you for next year.

also i could get rid of my pocket protector. mom would be glad cause i wont have marks on my shirt anymore.

i will leave you :2oreo::chocochip

i have to go now

merry christmas to you and your elves

yoooooh sanda,

im tring hart to reit, butt as ju kann se, i haf a problm wis spelin an sat thingme wult helpp me in de futre to rite yu a leter witsch yu can reed an understan.

so, yu beter sent me sat riting instrumentt.

mary kristmass

The winners have been chosen!

The grand prize winner is semperwife

The 3 randomly selected runners-up are LawGirl, wvblast and shopping mom

Thanks to everyone who entered and thanks to Geeks.com for supplying the prize :)

Look for more giveaways soon :D