instore pick up

jlouie

The items I bought online from CC Thanksgiving could NOT be picked up in store but they had free shipping. I think the SD cards I ordered from CC arrived within a couple days after BF and the items I ordered from BB arrived 7-10 days after BF.

Yes, I ordered CC Black Friday items on Turkey Day and I received them all within days. I wouldn't bother with in-store pickup, even if it is permitted - you are just asking to get screwed.

You generally can't order doorbuster items online, but just about anything else in the ad (some of which can be quite good) is fair game.

Guest mldepalma
I had a terrible experience with this last year. I ordered several items online at midnight on BF for in store pick-up. (These weren't door buster items, but they were items that were greatly reduced and weren't expected to stay in stock all day...) I waited in line and got my "doorbuster" items and checked out. I asked the cashier if I needed to pick up my "store pickup" items that I had ordered overnight immediately. (The line for that area was REALLY long and I wanted to run to the next store before it opened - which was why I ordered all the stuff anyway - so I didn't waste time shopping...) He said no, it'll still be here later in the day. (And I had spent over $200, so I was going to get the "free" camera when I combined it with my receipts from that morning.) Well, when I got back there at about 11:00am more than 1/2 of my items weren't there and they were now out of stock all together so they wouldn't be ordering any more. A few items were gone but they did expect to get more in some time in the next several weeks. And they didn't have any more cameras (even though they said they would give me one when I checked out earlier that morning at 5:12 am. when I picked up my "in store pickup" items later in the day. So needless to say, I didn't get 1/2 of the stuff I ordered and since I was there PLENTY early enough, I could have just picked them up in the store when I was there the first time. I was really upset and disappointed that they refused to address the situation either. I got a lousy $24 gift card for not having the items in stock, but would have had to spend FAR more than that to replace the items at a different store. Unfortunately they lost a customer that day. I would suggest that if you order something online for instore pickup - you pick it up immediately. (and even then, you might not be guaranteed to get it.) Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your experience, mldepalma.

I will just add that shopping on BF is also about getting in and out of the stores quickly. Waiting in the customer service line for online pickup just takes way too much time. Most likely, the employees would not have had time to pull your items because the store is closed on T'giving and then they are too busy with the madness on BF.

You might be thinking that you are worried about not receiving the items you ordered online. I can tell you that I did not experience that at all. I ordered a ton of stuff on Thanksgiving day and I received it all. I even got free shipping from CC. Anything I can get online is one less item I need to find on BF.

I had a great experience online, I went to bf morning at CC, and the line was wrapped around the store, I had to park across the way in between the Taco Bell dumpsters, I didnt have time to wait in line or wait to talk to anybody about the tv I wanted, So I decided to go to work and try my luck online, I checked throughout the day, and around lunchtime, the tv was in stock for in store pickup! So I bough it, with out waiting in line!

I had a great Experience last year. I logged on to the CC website around 15 mintues before the store was to open, I kept refreshing and when they opened, there was the Flat screen for 499 with free delivery. I bought it for my Parents and all from my bed. It was the first year I decided not to go wait in line and worth it. Wal-mart (boo!) also had toys online Bff morning that were doorbusters ;-)

GO SOX!!!!!

Most City's had lines wrapped around the building. People camped out since the day before. If you were a customer who had stood in line, would you have understood seeing the product on a shelf with a hold sticker?

Order the product on line and have it shipped for free. Don't put yourself through the hassel of store pick up on the biggest, busiest shopping day of the year.

Circuit City had many of their BF specials (doorbusters and non-doorbusters) online starting either late Thursday night or early Friday morning (I remember them closing the site while the prices were changed), and then IIRC some of the sold out items went back in stock for a limited time late Friday morning.

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely would not risk using in-store pickup on BF. I would think CC wouldn't waste man-power on pulling items for online purchases on a day like that, which would end up with you missing out!

But if you can find the item instock online, I would say you're much better off

Most items can't be bought online for BF therefore no online pick up for the items.

That's not really true, but CC's website seems to automatically shut items down for online ordering once it hits a certain level. I find that I stay on Wednesday night waiting for stuff to go on sale. Then I sleep a little late on Thanksgiving and find that I've missed the CC deals when I finally go online. I need to go to sleep earlier and wake up early to get them, then I can avoid the store.

I do know that they don't do in-store pickups on Black Friday morning. Not that you'd want to, anyway. My local CC store was awful last year. The lines were terrible because they still have the old register system that takes forever to print receipts. Maybe with less rebates this year it won't be AS bad.