Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Shopping the day before BF (Thanksgiving)?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 lucyismycat  OFFLINE  

lucyismycat

Hockey Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 13, 2007 - 9:49 am

Last year I hit Meijers early on TD, and wasn't disappointed. They had a lot of really great deals, so I'll probably be back there this year. In the past my Mom and I have gone to Kmart on TD. I'm not sure what other stores are open that day around here. Maybe Walmart.

#32 rbellville  OFFLINE  

rbellville

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 13, 2007 - 7:47 pm

Usually hit Meijers (better that day) and go to KMart, pick up doughnuts for the family and home before they are awake.

#33 stacya  OFFLINE  

stacya

I shop for sport!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 13, 2007 - 8:42 pm

My sister and I usually hit K-Mart, but we do it after we pop the turkey in the oven, before dinner, or if it's something that's a MUST have (like ds' Diego bike last year), we'll be there when they open...otherwise, we save our strength (and our walking shoes) for BF...;)

#34 Kaarak  OFFLINE  

Kaarak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2007 - 2:04 pm

I've gone to Kmart in the past, I think I'm going to try to go to Kmart and Big lots this year depending on what the they have.

#35 aerosmithgirl  OFFLINE  

aerosmithgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 14, 2007 - 2:59 pm

:D That sounds like me, I like to get me a plan and a map of road or Store, lol. So I can get my Bargain Shopping on! I've been tempted to go on Thanksgiving or before (kmart), but nothing I really need.

Usually I have already have my game plan thanks to GD and knowing what stores have what. I get up and put the turkey on, have my diet dew, read the paper and go to K-Mart and Big Lots.

#36 jarerice  OFFLINE  

jarerice

Jaime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 20, 2007 - 12:03 pm

I might go this year if there is something good listed!

#37 marcimomof4  OFFLINE  

marcimomof4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 20, 2007 - 12:55 pm

I wish I could shop on that day. I live in Rural Alabama so nothing is open here on turkey day. I have to wait until Friday. ....then I leave and go to Mobile and shop.

#38 likewhoa  OFFLINE  

likewhoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 21, 2007 - 9:50 am

What stores are normally open on Thanksgiving besides K-Mart?

#39 bbyboo1323  OFFLINE  

bbyboo1323

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 21, 2007 - 10:00 am

I go to Bass Pro on Thanksgiving Day. They have separate sales. One for Thurs. and one for Fri. Didnt realize this til last year and I missed about by the time I went at noon Thurs :(

#40 jellybean051901  OFFLINE  

jellybean051901

Hockey Night in Cleveland!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 12:01 am

KMart is the only place around us that is open on T-day. I have never really found any good sales then. It all depends on what you are looking for.
Black Friday Shopaholic

#41 Gumball  OFFLINE  

Gumball

• 1,265 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 2:51 am

What stores are normally open on Thanksgiving besides K-Mart?

Meijer & Big Lots are open on T-day and if you have a Super Walmart near you, they are supposed to be open then too.

#42 Jennifer0530  OFFLINE  

Jennifer0530

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 4:35 am

Last year was the first time DH and I went on TD. We went to Meijer and Walmart and we got some really good deals. I will probably go again this year.

#43 kellane26  OFFLINE  

kellane26

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 6:15 am

Thanksgiving is always family day for us. We have a large family so between going to 2 sets of grandparents on both my husband's and my side of the family, it's all we can do to see everyone. So, I store up all that family tension and relieve it on BF. ;)

#44 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 12:43 pm

My annual ritual is to stock up on pillows from KMart on Turkey Day. Have been doing this for at least 4 years now. I normally pick up the CD they have on special as well. I do it early in the morning and I always tell my cashier that I am thankful that they showed up to work that day. :)

#45 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,723 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 25, 2007 - 2:03 pm

Nope I am in line at Best Buy I do however leave DS 15 there when I go to get Thanksgiving dinner from Crackle Barrel...lol

#46 jellybean051901  OFFLINE  

jellybean051901

Hockey Night in Cleveland!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 26, 2007 - 12:46 am

I usually work the night before so I hit Kmart on my way home. Usually I go just to go.
Black Friday Shopaholic

#47 amez74  OFFLINE  

amez74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 26, 2007 - 9:41 am

Usually Kmart and Meijer--my sil and I went into our Walmart last year and they had no sales for thanksgiving day, but they were open and not busy at all. Amy

#48 lorilwayne  OFFLINE  

lorilwayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 3, 2007 - 11:58 am

In past I have done K-Mart, Shopko, and in bast Big Lots (before it closed) Last year I didn't as we were in a differant town and there really wasn't anything that I was wanting. This year will be the same variance- what am I needing, wanting to get?

#49 MusicMama  OFFLINE  

MusicMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 4, 2007 - 9:59 am

We usually hit up KMart as soon as it opens for CDs, board games and clothing specials. Last year, I even scored a TMX Elmo!! What a great surprise. Then it's back "home" to get ready for dinner. ("Home" is a campground where my 2 sisters/families and 5 other families camp for the weekend. Camp is a relatively loose term as we all have travel trailers or motorhomes and we spend significant amounts of effort eating - steaks, turkeys, etc.)

#50 MICKEY3601  OFFLINE  

MICKEY3601

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 4, 2007 - 10:23 am

I have gone in to a couple of stores on Thanksgiving if there is something I want but I try to save my energy for BF!!!!! :D

#51 sm1kla  OFFLINE  

sm1kla

Goin' Riding...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 4, 2007 - 3:52 pm

I boycott shopping on Thanksgiving. Personally, I wouldn't want to work when the majority of folks are at home with their familes.
More Love :gdhug5: -- More Joy :2drunk: -- More Laughter :sidesplit

#52 pmdemey  OFFLINE  

pmdemey

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 10, 2007 - 5:13 am

Can you do K-Mart online turkey day?

#53 tlock1945  OFFLINE  

tlock1945

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 10, 2007 - 5:37 am

The last few years, my Dad and I have went to kmart and Big lots on Thanksgiving morning before our dinner and all the family came. Last year, I got some great deals on DVD-R and video games for 7.00 each. And it is the one day I can talk my Dad into going shopping w/ me.

#54 Vickis3js  OFFLINE  

Vickis3js

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 10, 2007 - 6:16 am

I've been going to Kmart for the past 3-4 years. I get up early and am there when it opens get what I want and then I hit the bagel shop and get breakfast for the family and head on home. With 3 lil ones any good deal is worth taking advantage of!

#55 backpacktwc  OFFLINE  

backpacktwc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 11, 2007 - 6:38 pm

We usually go to KMart, but only if they have something I want. Wifey volunteers us to host the family Turkey Dinner, in which she sits on the couch and I cook all day. By BF, I'm already dead on my feet.:chairshot

#56 Tara3117  OFFLINE  

Tara3117

Black Friday is my Super Bowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 12, 2007 - 6:49 am

There is no place more depressing than Big Lots on Thanksgiving. I went last year to grab one thing my Dad had asked for. There were more people there than I expected, but everyone was really quiet. It gave me the creeps. I think this year I'd rather pay a little extra and not hit the stores on Thanksgiving. Well, except the convenience store to get the fat newspaper with the "official" BF ads!

#57 mcwalker  OFFLINE  

mcwalker

City Planner & Bargain Shopper!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 12, 2007 - 11:40 am

Traditionally, our family gathered from around the country :usflag: on Grandad's farm in Texas. Thanksgiving day and most of the weekend was for family and deliberately non-commercial. Some shopping started creeping in on the weekend over the past few years. Last year we changed plans ang got together at a hotel in suburban Chicago. Our hotel was in prime shopping (sold out Thanksgiving night) and I made my first genuine BF outing with a nephew starting at BB at 4 AM and working it the rest of the day. (Other family slept in.) The fact that I am on this site and it isn't even November yet, tells you where I will be. Frankly, I think stores should be closed Thanksgiving so everyone has a holiday, but then again...maybe just a little peek? ;)

#58 LadyIzShy  OFFLINE  

LadyIzShy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 13, 2007 - 6:52 am

Kmart and Meijer early morning Thanksgiving. I buy something each year. This year I do not expect to go to either place as I will be camping out at BB or WM. I am NOT cooking dinner this year. Nobody seems to have caught on. I am hoping my sister will cook. Maybe they will bring me and the teenlet something in line. I will be taking my teenlet PART of the day and then send her home as I don't think this year she needs to wait in line with me for 14 hours.

#59 conleybunch  OFFLINE  

conleybunch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 13, 2007 - 12:52 pm

I've never shopped the day before BF. Are there good deals on turkey day? If so, can you get those deals on-line?

#60 suzi1975  OFFLINE  

suzi1975

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 13, 2007 - 6:28 pm

If there is something at big lots or k-mart that the kids are asking for then I go to wal-mart and price match it to avoid the lines of people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users