Do you kids still believe in Santa?

jarerice

When my husband and I had our son, we started the Santa tradition. We went so far as to buy different wrapping paper for the Santa presents and dispose of all evidence that we were the ones. Then there was a horrible mistake 2 years ago. We had purchased him a fooze ball table and because it was like in a hundred pieces we decided to put it together on Christmas eve. My husband and I were busy putting it together (at about 1 in the am) when he came down stairs and opened the door to our room where we where putting it together.

That is so funny, my dad did something like that to me.

We use to go to my great grandmas every christmas eve. My mom and dad had this thing down GOOD, i mean GOOD. My moms parents were there so they couldnt be the ones to do it or my moms sisters and my dad didnt have siblings. When we left there we went to my dads parents, because they gave us a present on Christmas eve, so it couldn't be them.:eek: So the kids at school would try to convince me diff. but I would tell them my story and they would be like OH:eyepoppin Well I asked for a basketball goal one year and this was like when I was 10 or 11. I was laying in my bed (and my bed could see right in the livingroom from the doorway). I heard this clanking and banging, I'm like woo hoo a basketball goal, but then I was like Oh NO, Santa's in my house:holiday05 . All I could see was a shadow on the wall from the Christmas tree lights:holiday07 . I about freaked out, I was more scared than anything. I told my mom about it the next morning and she was like OH, mayb Santa needs to be quiet next time and sort of looked at my dad. I think I finally figured it out:gdbusted: , but played along for little bro.

Now I have DD3 and DS1 so it is fun for me again. I use the diff. wrapping paper:holiday02 . I try to get the licensed ones, cause my daughter loves characters, had tweety last year, got mickey mouse at christmas sale 06-07 on sale for this year. I even use diff. name tags, I try to get ones w/ santa on them, I'm thinking bout getting personalized ones made and have them already have from: Santa Claus on them. Gonna give half to my sister for her girls, that way as they get older and share story/gifts, they wont get curious, lol. I like to them stay little and imaginative, as I was.:holiday01

My DS6 and DS8 are true believers. My DS14 is a believer because Santa stops when you quit believing. Heck, Santa still visits me at my parents house each year. I think Santa will still be coming to our house when the boys are in college and after.

Oh, and one year my Mom (I mean Santa) gave us hand written letters about what good little kids we were, and I was probably like 7 or so...I said "MOM! SANTA HAS THE SAME HAND WRITING AS YOU!!!!!!" I thought it was either cool - or NOT cool. I was confused.

The next year she had my Dad write the letters like --- maybe with his LEFT hand or something! :gdparanoid:

My sister lives near North Pole Alaska. A few years ago she got us letters from santa with the address of Santa's Workshop and took pictures of it. In march of this year the neighbors son told my kids sants didn't exist. I pulled out the letters and pictures and convinced the other kid that Santa really did exist. This year we are going to my sisters house for Christmas and we will be going into North Pole and looking around. I am really excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 20 and my little sister is 17 (how quickly time flies!) - I never said I didn't believe in Santa because I was afraid if I did he would stop visiting our house!

But every year we still bake a batch of cookies for "Santa", it's fun because really we all know but nobody says it.

Last year on xmas eve we forgot to make the cookies until later and my Dad chipped in with a worried look "Aren't you going to make cookies for Santa?!"

And we did!

My son who is 9 just asked this summer and I knew by the look on his face, he already knew. He was sworn to secrecy for his 6 year old sister, and 3 year old brother so it will not be ruined for them. They all of course know the real meaning of Christmas, but it is so fun to have "Santa". I will be really sad when there is no more Santa. When my son was 7 he and his friend were playing hide and seek and went into the basement (which they never do because it isn't finished yet), where my Christmas stash is hiding, and found wrapped presents that had some of their names on from Santa. He and his friend wanted to know why there were presents down there from Santa. I came up with the quickest thing I could think of and said that Santa had trouble finding some things and asked me to pick them up??!! I immediately called my husband at work and told him what had happened, panicking that already, Santa may be over for him. He had one of the guys he works with call and my son happened to answer the phone. He said This is Santa, I saw you in the basement and sometimes there are presents I just can't find and your mom and dad have to help me out a little." HE TRUELY BELIEVED HE WAS TALKING TO SANTA!!!! That was all he talked about for the next few months. I think that bought us another 2years anyway. (DId I mention that I had to re-wrap, every other present that was down there, except what was on the top of the pile that I knew they saw, so they didn't remember seeing all the same wrapping paper under the tree on Christmas morning). The things parents do for their children!!

Guest JustMeDiana

:holiday01

Of course their is a Santa. Everyone believes in Santa at our house. My husband and I, three grown children and a 4 year old grand daughter. How do you think that stuff gets in everyone stockings and all those presents under the tree. There is just something magical about Christmas. Don't forget all the reindeer and Rudolf too.:hert:

I am 47 years old. What do you mean, 'believe' in Santa? Of course there is a Santa--even if he does freeze his petunias off waiting in line outside BB on Black Friday! :holiday15

Our 6.9 year-old daughter definitely believes and just received some money from the Tooth Fairy last night. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My niece who will be 9 this Saturday still believes in Santa.

She said some kids in school told her it's just her mom and dad putting gifts under the tree. And she said nah uh my mommie can't afford to buy all those toys. :rotflol: I love it. :)

Although it proves that she is way to spoiled. lol

I honestly don't know when my 15yr old quit believing because he was sooo good at playing along for his little sister...she's 5yrs younger and I know she's known now for about 2-3 yrs. Now, the baby of the family is just getting into Santa and he's 3.

Ds12 is autistic so he still believes.

Ds2 is too young to understand right now.

I told dd9 the truth last year when she asked if he was real. I said he was a real person at one time and people remember him now by doing what he did.

my 11 year old is also autistic and still believes my 6 year old son does as well. My daughter isn't old enough to do more than cry at santa lol she's 19 mos.

All four of mine believe. DS 3, 6, DD 5, 22months!! Although my oldest girl got a little suspicious when she saw I had a copy of her santa list in my sock drawer with items checked off. I told her that I was talking things over with Santa and had to double-check some things before the holiday.

I don't think she believed me, but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, and one year my Mom (I mean Santa) gave us hand written letters about what good little kids we were, and I was probably like 7 or so...I said "MOM! SANTA HAS THE SAME HAND WRITING AS YOU!!!!!!" I thought it was either cool - or NOT cool. I was confused.

The next year she had my Dad write the letters like --- maybe with his LEFT hand or something! :gdparanoid:

My dad's secretary always did the honors on letters using a red ribbon (remember typewriters?) and signed them for him. We also got letters from the Easter Bunny too! :holiday05:holiday03

• 2 weeks later...

i just got a shock. i don't teach my kids about santa, my dd6 believed in him why i don't know. i thought it was funny when she would tell her brother that ho-ho (thats what she would call him from his laugh) wasn't going to bring him any gifts when he would tease her. well she's been home sick with the flu and today out of the blue she tells me santa's not real he's a fake! i was like why you say that? she said he's not real just like the monsters their not real either. i just laughed and said your right. i have told them the true story of saint nick but that was a long time ago and some people like to have the fantasy of it.

i teach my kids not to say anything to other kids to allow them to play this game and not to spoil it for the other children. my son who is 14 has always kept his mouth shut my dd6 i'll have to wait and see.

My kids are 2 and 3 so of course they believe in santa. I have a SIL that when her oldest asked her the "is it true" question. She explained it to him but told him that it was his responsibility since he was the oldest to help keep it alive for his 3 younger siblings. And if he didnt all he would be finding under the tree that year was clothes lol. Needless to say he decided he didnt have to belive but his younger siblings did and he didnt want nly clothes for christmas lol.

I believe in Santa and so do all of my kids 15, 13, 8, & 2. When the questions started about whether there was a Santa or not I explained that I believe in the "magic" of Christmas. I explain how we are "Santa's" to other children when we buy toys for the Angel Tree. There are "Santa's" all over the place and that is part of the fun for us now at Christmas to find the "real" santa's.

I have also been known to say "If you don't beleive, you don't receive"

So either way our house "BELEIVES"!!

DS 9 came home from school and asked about Santa...I don't want him to know, he is my baby....ok I lied and said that yes Jacob, Santa is real...and now I feel like crap for lying...he keeps telling me that these kids are telling him it is your parents and he argues with them...man I feel bad...I just wanted one more Christmas...so what now?

My son (3) is just getting into it this year.

At our house Santa leaves the most gifts. If you don't believe in him, he will stop coming. Plus Mom & Dad can't afford ALL those presents, just a couple!

Had my nephew going for a long time on the "your parents would never be able to afford all those present for the three of you!"

I have 2 daughters age 10 & 4. They both still believe. My 10yo asked me last year and this year if there really is a Santa, and I tell her yes, and then she is fine.

She also questions the tooth fairy and Easter Bunny being real.

I am afraid when she finds out there really is no Santa she will tell her sister just to spite her LOL.

My nearly 14 yr old knows but is willing to play along (because I love it) and my 10 yr old is trying hard to still believe. But he started questioning early because of Nintendos and things that Santa's elves couldn't make and overhearing conversations over costs etc. So I got creative and invented the parent payment that parents have to pay Santa to help defray costs of technology things. I also explained my going out on BF as helping Santa's elves to get the best deals on things... I'm going to burn in Hell for my stories but I like Santa and I don't want to give up the traditions. My youngest brother is 7 yrs younger so I got to help play Santa for him once I finally admitted I knew and I took over the stockings for the whole family when I was 16.

Well, if you burn in hell, we will be there together. :) My mom always told me the same thing and I have passed that right on down to my children. I have always told them that parents have to pay Santa for their gifts. I thought that would also help explain why some children don't get as big or elaborant gifts as others might. I've always told the kids that there will be a Santa as long as they believe in him. That's how I handle the "is he real" question. I explain that Santa lives beause of the love in the hearts of his believers. It's always worked out great. DS14 knows that I am Santa, but he also knows I never "lied" to him. Same with DS10 ... I hope DD6 doesn't stop believing anytime soon because she is my last and it will be so sad.

Mine stopped right around 10yrs old. He was questioning real hard around 7 yrs old. Until usually a week before Christmas Santa would peak in his window (my dad in a suit) and leave a candy cane outside his window w/ a personalized note.

Then at 9 yrs old- he wanted the PS2 sooooo bad--- and we told him absolutely not- we couldn't afford it, ect, ect ,ect. Well he got it that Christmas and he too did the "there is no way mom bought this for me so there must be santa".

I told him the following year (he was 1 month shy of 11) because he was starting to have problems at school w/ it.

I was 5 when I caught my parents red handed w/ the gifts. So I found out early- they didn't even try to make up a story.

My kids just turned 7 and 9. For the past couple of years the kids at school try to ruin it by saying Santa isn't real. I'd like to smack everyone of them, darn brats. I think my kids still believe but they keep saying that Santa's handwriting looks just like mine, lol. So they are catching on. Funny thing is that DH is the one that always writes the Santa note not me.