Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Do you kids still believe in Santa?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 jarerice  OFFLINE  

jarerice

Jaime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 10:28 am

Of course DD 3 does, but last year DS 9 cornered me!!!!! I knew when he asked that he already knew the truth. I was honest with him. I told him how important it was to play along for his sister. He was such a good sport!!!!!

#2 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,723 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 10:30 am

Well I think that this maybe my last year...if we get through it with DS 9 :rolleyes:

#3 txmomma  OFFLINE  

txmomma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 10:35 am

My dd is almost 3 and I don't think she really "gets" Santa yet. She is really into Rudolph though. She hasn't stopped singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer since last Christmas. lol :D

#4 llist  OFFLINE  

llist

Cruisin' Addict

• 1,496 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 11:03 am

DS 12 - absolutely not and he has a hard time playing along for his younger brother who's 4.

#5 delphernina  OFFLINE  

delphernina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 1:39 pm

DS 12 - absolutely not and he has a hard time playing along for his younger brother who's 4.

Aw that's too bad. :no: I'm lucky in that my 12 yo does a fairly convincing job of "believing" in santa. I think he gave santa up around 9, but he's always been happy to foster the belief in santa.

#6 christib327  OFFLINE  

christib327

• 2,762 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 2:51 pm

My kids do, but they're just little yet. Hopefully I have many more years of it :)

#7 sm1kla  OFFLINE  

sm1kla

Goin' Riding...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 5:31 pm

Yes my kids are 5 & 8. I'll be crushed when they find out.
More Love :gdhug5: -- More Joy :2drunk: -- More Laughter :sidesplit

#8 amyers12345  OFFLINE  

amyers12345

Unofficial Resident Tax Pro

• 3,498 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 6:43 pm

I'm not quite sure.. DS8 (barely) came home from summer school one day asking questions because some big kid told him that he caught his parents putting presents under the tree. I told him that maybe Santa had them set them out for him. He didn't buy it. I told him it was his choice, but if he picked the wrong one, he may be severely disappointed. DD2 had better believe!!
The biggest impact you can make on the environment is to leave as little impact as possible. -Toyota :D

#9 Gumball  OFFLINE  

Gumball

• 1,265 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 27, 2007 - 7:17 pm

So far, so good. DD(soon to be 8) still believes. :)

#10 dmmiller  OFFLINE  

dmmiller

• 7,076 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 4:07 am

My DS12 doesnt. He was my helper the past 2 years xmas eve. :) I think This will probably be DS7 last year in believing. He'll be 8 by christmas and is in 2nd grade. He was asking questions last year, so I dont know how much more I can hold him off. DS6 is a believer.

#11 Fishboysmom  OFFLINE  

Fishboysmom

• 44,971 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 4:19 am

Ds12 is autistic so he still believes. Ds2 is too young to understand right now. I told dd9 the truth last year when she asked if he was real. I said he was a real person at one time and people remember him now by doing what he did.

#12 Melissa  OFFLINE  

Melissa

• 1,098 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 6:21 am

As of right now they both do. I think this may be the last year for my older DD -- she turns 10 two days after Christmas.

"My one regret in life is that I am not someone else." ~ Woody Allen

#13 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 7:23 am

my daughter will be 6 in Oct and believes in Santa. My son just turned a year so he still has a couple of years until he understands who Santa is.

#14 queenki  OFFLINE  

queenki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 7:24 am

For sure, my 6 yo twins still believe. Thank God!

#15 droolbug2  OFFLINE  

droolbug2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 8:52 am

I am pretty sure ds7 still does..he asked some questions last year but I'm hoping I convinced him..I would like just 1 last year of Santa with him. ds4 still believes without question and ds20 months will just now have an idea of what is going on this year

#16 Christy Garner  OFFLINE  

Christy Garner

Looking for a Deal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 8:56 am

My ds does not believe in Santa. He figured it out last year when he wanted to know how Santa can visit every house in the whole wide world in one night. My other ds, who is 7, still believes and the older knows that he better not say a word.

#17 peekaboo  OFFLINE  

peekaboo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 10:07 am

My DD 9 says she still believes but I do not think she does. For the past 2 years the questions are becomming more and more and she also has a girl in her class that told her last year there is not Santa and that your parents buy everything. I really hope to at least make is through this year, although in my heart I think she is only doing it for me and her father. It will be so sad to see it end. :(

#18 nikkilugi  OFFLINE  

nikkilugi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 10:37 am

My kids are 7, 6, and 2. They all believe in Santa although my dd2 is just understanding about Christmas. This site has gotten me so excited for Christmas I have been telling my dd that she has to wait until Christmas for all the toys she wants. Now everything she sees she says "I want this for Christmas". LOL it is so funny because basically everything is for Christmas.

#19 mandifour  OFFLINE  

mandifour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 10:42 am

dd5 does, dd9 I dont think she does but she plays like she does. I have never asked and she has never come right out and said she didnt.

#20 pastasalad  OFFLINE  

pastasalad

Georgie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 11:31 am

my dd almost 10 did until last yr-when her lovely big brother told her otherwise-of course I played dumb and said WHAT Santas not real??? I still believe and so should you-my oldest dd 14 said she still believes so that helped me out tons with my youngest...it's all so magical and I think in their hearts they really do believe! at least I sure hope so~!
~*Decisionally Challenged*~

#21 JazzMama  OFFLINE  

JazzMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 11:35 am

6-yr old DD still does, but she did ask a few more questions last year ...

#22 love a deal  OFFLINE  

love a deal

• 1,127 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 4:38 pm

YUP...My kids believe in him. They are only 2,3 & 5. My problem is they are scared to death of him. They want ME to tell him what they want.

#23 gr8girls  OFFLINE  

gr8girls

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 6:46 pm

THERE'S NO SANTA???????????????:eek:

I'm crushed:cry2:
The gifts you buy this year may not be remembered next year....but the memories you create together will be remembered a lifetime!. :gdhug1:

#24 kmbrly  OFFLINE  

kmbrly

Going in circles

• 2,653 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 6:52 pm

THERE'S NO SANTA???????????????:eek:

I'm crushed:cry2:

I think they're just messing with us. There is a Santa. There is!!!! And y'all are gonna be sorry come Christmas Eve, all you non believers. ;)

No Santa? That's :insane:

#25 gr8girls  OFFLINE  

gr8girls

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 6:57 pm

:spit: Thank heavens I read this before I took my 3rd valium.....but what if they are right..:worried: ..I mean I might not get .....but if I don't believe he won't....:confused: ....but how DOES he get.....Oh heavens...where is that pill:runaway:
The gifts you buy this year may not be remembered next year....but the memories you create together will be remembered a lifetime!. :gdhug1:

#26 pastasalad  OFFLINE  

pastasalad

Georgie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 7:22 pm

:spit: Thank heavens I read this before I took my 3rd valium.....but what if they are right..:worried: ..I mean I might not get .....but if I don't believe he won't....:confused: ....but how DOES he get.....Oh heavens...where is that pill:runaway:

:sidesplit :clapping: :sidesplit
~*Decisionally Challenged*~

#27 mam627  OFFLINE  

mam627

• 1,113 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 28, 2007 - 7:43 pm

I know ds4 believes, dd is only 2 so she doesn't really know what's going on yet. Now ds10, I think he knows the truth but he still wants to believe in him so he won't come out and ask or say it. Which is fine with me, that way he doesn't accidentally slip in front of his brother or sister and I think it's really sweet that he won't admit it because it shows that he doesn't want to grow up too fast.

#28 amyers12345  OFFLINE  

amyers12345

Unofficial Resident Tax Pro

• 3,498 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 29, 2007 - 2:27 am

Can the OP add a poll to this thread? It would be much easier to see the average ages. I am in such a panic about this one.. I don't want it to be over!
The biggest impact you can make on the environment is to leave as little impact as possible. -Toyota :D

#29 Guest_shawna6676_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_shawna6676_*
  • Member since --

Posted Aug 29, 2007 - 4:16 am

mine believe...joey, er, I mean santa even visits them every year!!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 droolbug2  OFFLINE  

droolbug2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 29, 2007 - 4:41 am

:lmao: :lmao: :sidesplit :sidesplit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users