How long do you stay out on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

It depends. Last year we were planning to hit up the outlets at midnight, and then go wait in line at Walmart and do the rest of our shopping. My boyfriend ended up having emergency back surgery at 10:00 p.m. the night before Thanksgiving so I didn't get to shop.

In past years I"ve left the house about 4:30 a.m. and gotten home about noon, and gone back out in the evening.

Coming from Canada we always stop at the Cracker Barrel for Thanks giving Dinner on Thursday night and then head straight to bed at the hotel. We are up at 4:00 the next morning and go all day until 8 p.m. went we head to our favorite American resturant for pasta, bread and salad: The Olive Garden.

The next day we are up early again and shop until evening when we head across the boarded back home to wrap and stack our presents and compare with all the others who also shopped on Black Friday.

This is a yearly tradition for me and my friends - this is year 6 for us!

usually all day!!...usually its that whole weekend depending on the sales...cuz sometimes stores have a saturday only sale and sometimes they are better than the friday...so its like bf all over again...lol...(and then u have sunday with all of next weeks goodies...lol)...but those first few hours Friday...LOADS OF SHOPPING!!!

Last year was the longest I have been out in a long time including travel time and waiting I would say close to 7 hours.

This year I don't plan to be out as long. Nothing major I want, that requires camping out, so I am hoping to be home by 7AM. (After leaving home at 4AM)

I like to get the items on my list and go. Hopefully if my mom and sister go with me again this year they will feel the same.

Last year I was out of the house by about 3:30 am. I got home at about 10 am. This year since I'll be going with DH- we plan on shopping all morning. Getting some lunch. Going to a movie. Shopping some more and after all of that, heading off to look at furniture and new cars. So- I believe we'll be out until between 8 and 9 pm.(oh- and we plan on waking up at 2 and out the door by 2:30 am).

Wow, and I thought we were out late last year! My husband and I did our first BF together last year AND hosted the whole family for Thanksgiving, so we got no sleep whatsoever. We were up at about three and home by ten. Slept for a while then went back out to browse some and see if we missed anything. At least we got 99% of our shopping done that morning! I love it, but I don't know if I'll be able to drag my hubby out again this year. :(