Who do you shop with on BF?

ebony0421

My SIL...my dh thinks we are crazy as do most in the family...we have the same shopping speed so we get in and fly out we split up in the store with each others list that we divide in half and call each other and meet in our meeting spot..hahaha..its like mission impossible

My oldest son has gone with me the past 2 years. Then we hit Denny's for breakfast. 2 of my brothers go out in the Orlando area and we call each other to see if there is something we need in the stores they are in, if it is out of stock in Jax. Strangely, doorbusters that sell out in Jax are often still avail in Orlando??? And my oldest brother went to Walmart in St Augustine 3 hours into the fray and got doorbusters the past 2 years, so I am willing to call on others to get out of their beds!!! But I like the anticipation of standing in lines and talking to the people around me.

I go with my Mother (has MS & is in motorized scooter - nice parking spaces & we pile her up with stuff) & Dad (drives van and takes purchased items to van. He is also great for standing in line while we shop and add stuff to the cart. Lately, my DD20 has come the last couple of years and loves it!

My group has grown...my sig. other, my daughters, their husband and fiance, my Mom if she is here visiting, this year youngest dd's Mother In Law will be joing us...and a couple of friends join up with us at the stores and join in the night before planning...minimum of 3 vehicles for core group and cell phones charged...

A group of friends I have gone with for the past 5 years or so, but thanks to GD, I really didn't need that much last year, my BF purchases were mostly "wants". This year, my 16 year old son may stand on line at BB if they have a lappy for a good price. I would like to get one for each of my kids, so I may have him and his brother camp out.

I always go with my sister. we have been known to drag her DH along with us and that works out fine. I took a boyfriend one yr to fry's. Fry's is stupid and its a grab what u can store with no tickets handed out. I was first in line. i went one way with my list bf just had to go another and grab a tv. by the time i got over there all the tv's were gone!. One guy was sitting up in the air on a stack of 4 tv's!!! and my lovely bf had none. he just couldnt hack the pressure and competition hahaha. i think that is why he is now my X. That is the true test of a relationship----true love----how they deal with my BF plans. LOL

Ya just gotta be tuff enuff to handle it. So i will stick with my tried and true shopping buddy my sister. Even when she moved 3 time zones away we did BF by phone. It worked great cuz she was able to give me heads up on happenings with stores that opened 3 hrs b4 mine did :D

But she is back in vegas with me again and we are already discussing BF and anxiously awaiting the release of sales ads to plan our strategy. All i can say is thank God for Gotta Deal. Does anyone else remember the prehistoric times we u had to rush and get the paper on thursday and figure out ur game plan all in one day while cooking Turkey day dinner then head to the stores almost blind hoping ur paper had ALL the sales ads in it LOL. Awww....thank u gotta deal for bringing us into the 21st century :D

I've usually gone by myself, it's just easier. But last year DH met up with me around 6 and went to a couple of stores with me. It was nice to be able to take his car for the rest of the day while he took mine home and unloaded. He also was a good line place holder, and is extremely tall, so he was able to get a few things that were "out" on lower shelves. I've hit him up for going this year to a few stores and he probably will. However, I'll probably still do the bulk of BF on my own. It all sort of depends on who's living at our house by then (foster parents).

Well it turns out my sister wants to go to Best Buy this year with her hubby!

She saw how busy it was when we passed there at 3AM last year, but she still wants to go. I told her no way I was going to Best Buy and good luck! :eyepoppin

I will babysit her son Thanksgiving day, and my mother will have him the rest of the night as I do plan to head out to WalMart and a few other stores.

So I am back to shopping alone on BF, which is good as I can go where I want, when I want, and most important come home when I want. :cheesy:

:holiday08 :holiday08

My mom's (deceased 2 years) bestfriend and my niece (16). It's a yearly thing. She promised to carry on the tradition after my mom passed away and we hooked her! The first year she was like I can't believe I am doing this, but by the end of the day, she was like look how much I got done with very little money!