Black Friday Are You Ready? / Countdown

queenki

My best friend and I were just discussing BF and how much we can't wait. I started shopping b/c Target had alot of the toys 30-60% off when I was there last week and I got my DS a train table for just 55 and some change. I cannot wait for BF this year, we are adding another stop to our day this year

I started shopping b/c Target had alot of the toys 30-60% off when I was there last week and I got my DS a train table for just 55 and some change.

Are you watching the Target thread?

The toys are suppose to be hitting 75% off this week.

Might be worth another look around. :)

I heard from another site that Mcdonalds is taking the lead on the BBB game this year, but of course no one knows for sure. I called Mcdonalds Corp. and asked if they had an idea when the game would start(hoping they'd give me details) and the young lady put me on hold and came back and said her supervisor said it's a little too early, but there will be a game and the date is up in the air for now.

Oh I can't wait to know for tsure they will have the BBB. I will start my envelopes as soon as I hear. I figure I do all the my address parts then I only have to fill in thiers as soon as it is released. Ok is it cruel child labor to have your 7 year old help address envelopes?:cheesy:

My best friend and I were just discussing BF and how much we can't wait. I started shopping b/c Target had alot of the toys 30-60% off when I was there last week and I got my DS a train table for just 55 and some change. I cannot wait for BF this year, we are adding another stop to our day this year

HEY! I wonder how many times I've passed YOU in the Target toys aisle! We were there yesterday, only to be disappointed, since nothing new was marked down, and still not 75% off!

Oh I can't wait to know for tsure they will have the BBB. I will start my envelopes as soon as I hear. I figure I do all the my address parts then I only have to fill in thiers as soon as it is released. Ok is it cruel child labor to have your 7 year old help address envelopes?:cheesy:

Can someone fill me in on this McDonalds/BBB deal? I was not on here last year so I have no idea what it is, but I would love to be prepared! Sounds interesting! Thanks.

I made my list of things I will be looking for when the Black Friday ads come out & boy is it a long list!! :eyepoppin (and yes I know it is early but I have lots of people to buy for!)

I can't wait for the forum to open up!! It was fun to read all the threads last year!

It's never too early!! :g_laughin

I just found out that I can't get off work for BF. Hopefully, I can get the majority done by 8:00 am since I have to be at work at 8:30. This will be the 1st time in years that I won't be participating all day in BF (my mom, my sisters, and myself usually shop til we drop). I guess I can always check for some things online too. Maybe I need a new job LOL!

Black Friday last year took me a whole hour! took post it notes and wrote down prices from other retailers and when I found the item at walmart I posted it on there and went on my merry way. While everyone else is waiting for the 5 dollar dvd's I was price matching disney dvd's for 3.99! It works great and Walmart did not question one of my matches. At WM by 5 and home by 6:30!

I think I may do the price match thing this year too.

I HATE standing in lines for 2-3 hours at CC.

"unless" someone has a great computer deal I cant live w/o. :lolrun:

Either way, I'm gonna have to find someone close to me to pair up with,

and have them shop at one place while I do another.

But everyone here thinks I"m nuts about this type of thing. :) Then when

I get home, they're amazed and slightly jealous of all the deals I get.

For the price matches did you take your ads in with you to show the cashier. When I go grocery shopping I take my other grocery stores ads with me and show the prices to the cashier. I think I might do what you are suggesting. The only way I think it might not work is if Walmart does not carry that certain brand of the MP3 player and whatnot.

i so price match everything i can possibly can!!!...i usually make a list and price of everything and where..and i bring in the ads just in case...but normally that day no one cares so they will put in whatever u say...(got some good bargains that way..plus last year i must have been luckier..the cashier wasnt a normal cashier and every price match item...which was every item...lol...he was giving me a 3 dollar credit (walmart policy if the item doesnt ring up the correct price not for pricematching)...so 3.99 movies i was getting for 99 cents...i was in heaven...!!!

oh i price match at walmart...not standing in line at bb (as much as i should for the reward zone...but i wouldnt get the items either way if i did...so walmart gets my $)...

For the price matches did you take your ads in with you to show the cashier. When I go grocery shopping I take my other grocery stores ads with me and show the prices to the cashier. I think I might do what you are suggesting. The only way I think it might not work is if Walmart does not carry that certain brand of the MP3 player and whatnot.

At my Wal-Mart I have to bring the ads in. Every year until last I've pricematched. Last year, my local walmart changed their policy and refused to price match because we live too far away from the other retailers. I had to drive to the other town to go to a walmart to price match. It sucked, because I found out when I got back home that my walmart did indeed pricematch after all. Kind of irked me, because I was told very firmly that if I tried to pricematch at my local walmart it would be refused.

What do you think the chances are of getting a good deal on a WII on Black Friday?

Slim to none because they are still so hard to find and selling for over retail on auction sites. XBOX 360 deal is more liekly the Wii is just selling to well on its own. Just having them brings people in. Maybe a deal on some of the games might be possible though

I can't even find a Wii right now and have been looking for a few weeks. This will be my daughter's gift for Christmas this year. I took all my ads to Wal-Mart to price match CD's, DVD's and computer games. Paying at 5:30, then to Target. Which didn't open until 6, so waited until they opened, got my items there and straight next door to Best Buy to get the items I needed there. Then, made it over to the mall, but I was finished by noon.

From and including: Monday, July 23, 2007

To, but not including : Friday, November 23, 2007

It is 123 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 4 months excluding the end date

Alternative time units

123 days can be converted to one of these units:

* 10,627,200 seconds

* 177,120 minutes

* 2952 hours

* 17 weeks (rounded down)

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=7&d1=23&y1=2007&m2=11&d2=23&y2=2007

Not that we are counting or anything :blush: