Nintendo DS Lite?

• 9 months later...

could someone tell me the difference between a regular DS and a DS lite???

thank you so much~

I just got this off the Nintendo web site.

What is the difference between the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo DS Lite?

The Nintendo DS Lite offers a smaller, sleeker package with a brighter screen, larger stylus, and a longer-lasting rechargeable battery than the original Nintendo DS. The unique game play features and wireless connectivity remain intact. Here is the link!

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dslite/faq.jsp#difference

I posted about these a cpl days ago now....129 is IT, I have don e the research for me....and youi..and you...lol. There ARE great bundles on ebay if you want to take the chance and need a bunch of games. I have in hand a crimson/blk DS lite bundle with a case and brainage 2 , I paid 149+tax at Target last weekend. They are all out near here as of this afternoon (of bundles) and they are already going on ebay for over the target price. I am waivering between selling it myself, as DD really wants a white one (pink 2nd choice) and since it is only 1 gift this year, I would like to see her get exactly what she tells "santa" and make that magic happen. I would keep trying the big box type stores, but unfortunately they are all 129 without a bundle. Get a bundle if you can, you'll be a hero when she has a game she can play right away! good luck, Sam (momsam)

The lite vs DS took me a bit to get used to comprehending it myself. The lite is actually like it says:

DS Lite:It is lighter, more compact, brighter and the little stylus (stick thingy) is more chunky so it won't fall out and get lost as quickly as in the regular DS.

I have to buy 3......:eyepoppin All 3 kids want one, they have an original DS, and 2 SP's. DS is on its last legs (bought refurbished from ebgames last year) and the SP's got from ebay used to save some money. This year luckily we are a little better off. I am still hesitant on buying the DS games because they are so tiny, the little ones already lose the SP games as it is. :no:

I have to buy 3......:eyepoppin All 3 kids want one, they have an original DS, and 2 SP's. DS is on its last legs (bought refurbished from ebgames last year) and the SP's got from ebay used to save some money. This year luckily we are a little better off. I am still hesitant on buying the DS games because they are so tiny, the little ones already lose the SP games as it is. :no:

I found some cases for $5 at Shopko that are great for the games! The SP cases hold 3 in each case, one on top of the other lengthwise (if that makes any sense) so the case is long and thin. I believe the DS case holds 12 games and is about the size of the DS only thinner. No more lost games!

I waited all holiday season last year and the DS Lite never went on sale. $129 is its going price. I finally bought them in Aug. for my kids' b-days. I also bought myself one when the new black/red color came out. I'll be buying the new Zelda one as soon as it comes out in stores, thats a bundle one for $149.

I bought my DD one (well...SANTA did) last year off Ebay for $115 and I'm telling you it was one of the best gifts she has ever gotten! She LOVES it and plays it all the time. We have gotten TONS of game off Ebay for her at a reasonable price. Definitly worth the money on this gift!

The origional DS was larger and the DS lite is a little smaller and brighter screen. They both play the same, and use the same games. My daughter has the DS from 3 years ago with no problems still, including the origional battery. I have not seen the larger DS sold, except for the refirb ones for a long time now (probably 1-1/2 years.) But both were the same price when sold. And most of the assecories sold now are for the DS lite.

just to throw this in also, it was the one gift (the ds lite) that my daughter still carries around EVERYWHERE. tkoran is correct about the case. She has already lost a couple of games and them being 19.99-29.99, its not cheap. That way tho, it makes her want to do her chores even more to earn a little spending money to replace the games......;)

mahalia, I would buy the new nintendogs ds lite bundle. It's a pink ds lite with a paw print on the front and comes with the nintendogs game. my dd12 has the game and really enjoys it. I thought I saw it for $139 in one of the ads...yep, CC has it. BB has the bundle for $150, but you also get Over the Hedge game too. I think Kmart has the best deal, the bundle is $150, but you get a $25 gift card by mail.

Yep, Nintendogs is definitly one of my DD's favorite games. I found a cute little suitcase at the Goodwill that she used to carry around her system and games for a year, but I just got a case on clearance at Target for $7.50 that she will be getting under the tree this year.

mahalia, I would buy the new nintendogs ds lite bundle. It's a pink ds lite with a paw print on the front and comes with the nintendogs game. my dd12 has the game and really enjoys it. I thought I saw it for $139 in one of the ads...yep, CC has it. BB has the bundle for $150, but you also get Over the Hedge game too. I think Kmart has the best deal, the bundle is $150, but you get a $25 gift card by mail.

Does anyone know if CC honors BF ads online? The closest one from me is an hour away so I doubt I'll be able to make it there.

Does anyone know if CC honors BF ads online? The closest one from me is an hour away so I doubt I'll be able to make it there.

Doorbusters aren't usually available online, unless specifically stated in the ad. I don't know if the bundle is a doorbuster or not. I would call CC and see if it will be available online.

Update: I bought the DS lite at BB ( I had a $50 GC --and it was on sale at target for $120 so I price matched and I paid out of pocket $70 for the game system). I then went to Buy.com and bought brain age 2 for $9.99. Picked up a clearance case at Target for $2.75 ...soooo.... $70.00(system) $10.00(brain age 2 game) $2.75 clearance case+ free stylus set from Nintendo .My out of pocket for my "bundle"=$82.75:D ( from a deal-seeking aunt!!!)

Doorbusters aren't usually available online, unless specifically stated in the ad. I don't know if the bundle is a doorbuster or not. I would call CC and see if it will be available online.

Thanks for your quick response. :) I thought so much, but thought I'd ask. Looks like I'll be standing in line come BF. :tongue1:

per my 9-yr-old, nintendogs is the best. especially when you have to "train, walk, play with, name, etc" like they are real dogs! but don't tell her about the paw print on the front......we didn't get the bundle tho; it was $129 for the ds and $29.99 for the game!