Name your favorite gift for 2006

jarerice

When my Fiancee proposed 13 months ago, he gave me a CZ ring with a vacation to the Bahama's. We had heard of another couple doing something similar a few months prior and I thought it was cute. I don't really wear jewelry so spending 1,000 on a ring vs. 1,000 on a trip to the bahama's... I liked the Bahama's. Well, the wedding date is set for April 1st of next (or I guess this) year and we've been trying to pick out wedding bands. I had just picked out a simple band that matched the titanium one we picked out for him.

Christmas morning I woke up to freshly squeezed OJ and my fiancee down on one knee again. He bought me new ring, with 13 diamonds... one for every month I had gone with out. It's a bridal set too. Needless to say, I cried my eyes out.

That and the 42" Plasma we bought eachother for Christmas. :)

A Cricut die cutter--and the news that DH actually price checked and got a refund when the price dropped a week after he bought it!

I'm so jealous!

I guess my best present was b4 Christmas...I got myself a Canon SD630 digital camera

Yes, have to agree that watching your kids open presnts is the best present. The look on DS face when he opened his Ipod Shuffle ($29.00 one) and his new laptop was best present of all. He wanted them but wasn't expecting either one. Without you guys don't think we would have been able to afford them both. Thanks! :)

Personally, loved circle pendent DH gave me.

I bought myself my favorite gift--It's the Disney village set from Sam's. I saw it marked down to $30 and grabbed it!! I've now bought Cinderella's castle and Pooh's Tree on 75% off at walgreen's to go with it too. Now I just have to find some little trees and I'll be set for next year!!

My kids were happy and excited with their presents. That was good :)

My husband and I are separated, but he still surprised me and bought me the Wolfgang Puck sakuro knife set from sam's I'd mentioned I wanted and I got Lisey's Story from my son. My daughter spent all of her Christmas present money that I had given her on presents for her friends, her boyfriend and his parents so she didn't get me anything, other than "you said the Village was your present to yourself, so I didn't think I needed to get you anything" Ungrateful little snot LOL

Honestly though, after the last 5 months I've had, I didn't care whether Christmas came or not.

inluvstill,

My 18 yr old DD rec'd a Dell laptop that we sort of bought out of guilt, at the last minute, at the Dell kiosk. I ended up wrapping a picture of it in 4 diff. size boxes. We picked it up on 12/27(her b'day) at UPS and all is well. My 13yrDD who is very athletic, plays basketball and her NBA hero is Juan Dixon(formerly a Wash. Wizard) and now plays for Portland Trailblazers. He grew up in Baltimore(where we live) and she attends his camp each summer at Loyola College. Anyway, we were able to snag 2 front row seats for 2/11, behind the Portland bench. The game is against the Wizards in D.C. As the gifts were unwrapped the whole family cried, even DH. It was a kodak moment!!!

Tough Call!!! I love all my gifts from DH this year.

King Down Comforter- from Cuddledown (and 75% discount-i love that part)

Remote car starter

M*A*S*H box set (all 11 years)

and the little clip on ipod shuffle.

It was a great christmas!!!

inluvstill,

My 18 yr old DD rec'd a Dell laptop that we sort of bought out of guilt, at the last minute, at the Dell kiosk. I ended up wrapping a picture of it in 4 diff. size boxes. We picked it up on 12/27(her b'day) at UPS and all is well. My 13yrDD who is very athletic, plays basketball and her NBA hero is Juan Dixon(formerly a Wash. Wizard) and now plays for Portland Trailblazers. He grew up in Baltimore(where we live) and she attends his camp each summer at Loyola College. Anyway, we were able to snag 2 front row seats for 2/11, behind the Portland bench. The game is against the Wizards in D.C. As the gifts were unwrapped the whole family cried, even DH. It was a kodak moment!!!

Awwwww, that is so great! I got goosebumps! :yup:

I got a journey necklace before christmas because Dh retired said my job was harder then his.. For Christmas I got my dell computer XPS .. with my 22 inch monitor .. I also got my front loading washing machine but that is not really a gift its just something I wanted really really bad.. Dh got his reef tank and his Bose surround sound system and KIds got Wii and PS3:gdparanoid:

My favorite gift was from my husband. he actually put some thought into it, so that makes it the best gift. he bought me a hardcover complete emily dickenson book. I had lost the one i had in the fire a few years ago. he also wrote me a note about how he hopes it inspires me to write again. he knows how much i miss writing.

he also gave me a gift card to kohl's to buy some clothes and a gift card to go get lunch at olive garden while i am out shopping.

oh, and he got me (the family) an over the stove microwave.

he had jokingly told me he got me a dyson vacuum cleaner. i got really mad, because i did not want a vacuum cleaner for christmas present. oh boy was i mad!! it's not like the kitchenaid i got the christmas before the fire. i like baking. a vacuum cleaner to me says maid.

I am very proud of my husband too, he bought me 2 collectible houses and a framed print from the Mitford series by Jan Karon. They were made by Hallmark several years ago, so he was on ebay alot! I couldn't believe he remembered me talking about these books and how much I loved them! He also got me a Paul Mitchell flat iron which is awesome! And a pink mp3 player...he did good!

My absolute favorite was a framed professional photo of my 3 kids, son (6), daughter (23), daughter (24), okay I might not have my daughters ages exactly correct but it's pretty darn close. Also a tinkerbell velvet bag from a board member that is really special to me (she knows who she is).