Name your favorite gift for 2006

jarerice

Well I would say the laptop hubby bought for me, but really it was before christmas. My family actually cooperated in getting a family portrait taken. Not once but twice. We tried to go to wal-mart one weekend to get it done. Made the appointment showed up 30 minutes early. Waited and then---they started taking walk ins before appointments. I tore up not only my appointment sheet but all of their appointment sheets told them off and walked out. I made an appointment at Sears for the next weekend and it was fantastic. No waiting, fantastic pictures, and the kids didn't whine about me making them do it. You can't get any better than that. :D

My favorite gift I bought myself was 10x30 sepia-toned portrait of my sons from Sears. They are standing back-to-back its awesome. My DH & boys got me in a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer in pistachio, it matches my kitchen perfectly!

Well I would say the laptop hubby bought for me, but really it was before christmas. My family actually cooperated in getting a family portrait taken. Not once but twice. We tried to go to wal-mart one weekend to get it done. Made the appointment showed up 30 minutes early. Waited and then---they started taking walk ins before appointments. I tore up not only my appointment sheet but all of their appointment sheets told them off and walked out. I made an appointment at Sears for the next weekend and it was fantastic. No waiting, fantastic pictures, and the kids didn't whine about me making them do it. You can't get any better than that. :D

sorry, hijacking, but I have to say I will never go back to Walmart of pictures. It's always a hassle when they take walk-ins before appointments. And, they really aren't cheap, yeah they may advertise the 6.95 but when it comes to buying individual sheets YIKES! After my nightmare at Walmart, I went back to Picture People, yes they are expensive, but at least I'm expecting to spend a lot. This year I went to Sears (first time in about 6 years). I wanted the 10x30 portrait- they were awesome and now give pictures same day just like Picture People.

My new cell phone from dh.

My portable photo printer and Dooney Bourke purse from my parents.

My dh LOVES his 19 inch flat screen monitor that I was able to snatch up the day after Thanksgiving from Best Buy for $129.00!! He also LOVES the palm pilot that my parents bought him. I think he would sleep with it if he could. :)

Michelle

I got my gift before Christmas due to it's size. It's a craft armoire from Sauder. Although it took us about 4 hours to put together, it's wonderful. It has a pull-out tabletop that folds in half and rolls completely back into the cabinet for storage. It's going to be so nice not to have to drag the sewing machine to the kitchen table every time I want to use it!!

We opted out of the "gift exchange" this year for the first time. Instead, we just all got together, ate too much and enjoyed each other's company. No muss, no fuss, no stress, no crowded stores and parking lots to manuever, no returns of unwanted or wrong sized gifts, no wrapping, no bitchy clerks, no wondering what to get the hard to buy for ones, and hundreds of dollars saved. I honestly think it was the best Christmas we have all had in a LONG time!! We all got to enjoy all of it.

One side note, there are NO kids in any of our families, that would make a difference for some of you.

i'm 38 and i got this the day after christmas, i got a nice size check from uncle sam i called them to make sure it wasn't a mistake and it wasn't . i cried and told the lady you just made my year :lolrun::gd_partyu so we're still having christmas here lol. it came just in time too my washer just died isn't that the way get a little extra money and something breaks down.

My b-day is Jan 3rd, so not technically 2006 -- but my younger cousin bought me an ipod Nano!!! She was so excited to give it to me and was proud of the fact that she used her money to buy it. I told her it was too much but she insisted I needed one :) lol. She also gave me a cute card and wrote thanks for all you do for me inside. It was soooo sweet! And my other cousin is always telling me that this cousin doesn't appreciate everything I do for her, well this sure shut her up about that!

The best present I received this year, was my husband home for Xmas. He was deployed last year and will be again this Xmas.

Same here. Hubby came home December 5th this year. He leaves again in May. :( It was supposed to be August or October, but thanks to the Presidents new plan they moved it up a few months.