75% off holiday at CVS & Walgreens

EmE2006

I just returned from a CVS in Orlando, FL and the salesperson jut started marking all of the holiday wrapping paper,decorations, candy, cards, etc. down to 75% off. It looks like the gift sets are still 50% off, though.

Walgreens had everything at 75% off

I talked to the managers at 2 different Walgreens in Muskegon MI today. They both told me that nothing wasw going to more than 50% off as far as the gift sets were concerned. but, one of them said the same thing yesterday about all of the christmas items and now everything but the gift sets are 75%. Maybe corporate will change their minds tomorrow!

I scored big today at CVS and at Walgreens. Everything at the Walgreens I went to was 75% off and that included the gift sets. When I was there, they had a lot left but it was going fast. I managed to get 2 gift sets, plus a cute Christmas Carrousel that I had been eyeing for under $15.

CVS had a few things for 75% off, one of which was a four foot Snow Globe, which I picked up for $19.70 after the 75% off plus a $4 off coupon on any purchase over $20.

Dayton CVS is still 50% off on most stuff when I went today and most of it was really picked over

Walgreens was a major score, got several outdoor items on a shelf up behind the counter, they didn't have them marked 75% on the signs and really unless you were looking you didn't know they were there. Also I walked around and found a huge lot of xmas lights on a top shelf several rows over from xmas, asked the lady about them and she's like, "we have lights?" LoL... They were .84 box. Tons of cute wrapping paper, the good kind with lots of yardage.

RiteAid still 50% off and didn't have much good stuff, very disappointed when I went in there.

I visited cvs and they had a small section of 75% off and a small section of 50%...why are cvs and rite aid being selective about what is 50% and 75%...make it easy and do it all at once! Rite had 75% for nearly everything but only 50% was coming off for everything. The rude manager had to come up to make some price adjustments for me...at one point, they made an error for a 25 cent bag of chocolate, where I explained that I was supposed to owe them 25 cents, not be given the 25 cents, and the RUDE manager threw the quarter at me and said it was already in the sytem in the register. OH well, I got a free bag of chocolate and a quarter. I missed out on most of Walmarts stuff. I was there today and virtually nothing was left, but they seemed to have a lot of good deals when the 75% first came up. I would say Walmart will be my first stop for holiday clearance stuff next year. Eckerd, CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens will probably be last on my list. Btw, if you are able to make it Walmart and find a few random things leftover, note that more than 75% is coming off. I got a 60 cent mug for 10 cents and a 99cent chapstic for 20 cents...seems like the register was taking off 80% in most cases. I apologize if I digressed. I know that this thread was initially intended for Cvs and Walgreens. Why is Target still at 50% off here in De? Geez.