Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

As Brad posted a while back, this thread is for discussions related to Perimeter Perusing at Target. Lately, things have been getting quite off track. If you have questions about Target coupons, please go to the Target Coupon thread, found here. If you want to talk about the targetunion.org site, a new thread in Deal Discussion was created for that, which can be found here. Posts that are not about Perimeter Perusing, including general griping about Target, its employees, or its policies, do not belong in this thread, and will be simply deleted from now on.

I feel that this needs to be bumped up.

Okay my two cents worth. The generator is nothing that is wrong. As stated, it is a way of printing more than one coupon. There is no limit to the number of target coupons that you can print one at a time. This just simplifies the process.

You might find this good reading

http://www.cents-off.com/faq.htm

As for expired coupons, I do not use them and won't. I will not judge anyone who does nor will I call Target and report it. It does not concern me. When coupons are issued, they have an expiration date because the manufacturer has given that time limit for reinbursement. It is all in the accounting process so that a manufacturer can know the time limit that they will be reimbursing for coupons and make accounting adjustments for that. Using expired coupons may cause Target to lose money IF the manufacturer fails to reimburse. We studied this exact topic when I got my master's in business.

Good day at Target shopping. I got king size sheet sets for $9.74 were $38.99.

Northern 20 giant rolls for $6.48

Kraft BBQ sauce for .48

Ken's Italian dressing for .88

Smuckers sugar free strawberrry jelly for $1.14

King size dust ruffle $4.74

Sliced black olives .43

Arm and Hammer sensitive skin washing detergent $1.86

2 pack notebooks $1.24

Poptarts 2 for $2.00 with coupon

Goldfish .83 per bag with coupon

Another Illustory for $5.48

They had almost all of the home gym stuff marked down. It was things like hand weights and balls. The Disney Mix things that everyone is talking about (and I know nothing about.LOL) were marked down to $19.99. There were several computer programs marked down 30% and tons and tons of clearance in the stationery section.

Yes, these were the slightly larger ones that were for video. I also noticed that they were moved out of electronics and onto an end cap between the book section and the computer software. I don't know if all stores will move them there or not.

I got the Quilted Northern last night for 24 rolls at $3.44 and also got the 20 large rolls that equal 50 regular rolls for $6.48. I also got the Tide HE 300 ounces for $8.74. I stocked up and stocked my mom up. Great deal.

I'm heading to target this morning.. just curious, Are these Tide and quilted northern products red stickered? Or just something you have to scan?

Thats what I was wondering. I was in Target 2 days ago and nothing like that red stickered. Now Im going today as I skipped yesterday (yes its now an addiction lol) and will scan them just in case. God only knows with a family of four and 2 bathrooms to stock up I can use that toilet paper!

I am not worried about myself, but those of you who "clip off the expiration date" should worry.

I just find it extremely hard to believe that the highly educated senior executives at the very top of Target Corp's food chain don't realize what they are doing when they allow their systems to accept coupons past the expiration date.. with or WITHOUT the date actually present on their coupon.

These people aren't stupid. They know exactly what is going on.

I agree with the both of you. I'm not sure whether people are clipping off the expiration date on Target coupons or manufacturer coupons, but I wouldn't do either. If Target accepts expired coupons, then what's the point of clipping it off. I worked at a large grocery store for four years as a cashier and bookkeeper and it was up to the cashier to check the expiration date. We did not accept expired coupons. I'll admit that I have given an expired coupon to a cashier hoping that they wouldn't notice the date because I forgot to use it before expiring. If it went through, it was either because the cashier didn't pay attention or didn't care. So either Target does have a very lax coupon policy, the cashiers may not be trained properly or the cashiers don't care.

They probably have more leeway on Target coupons since it's a "store" coupon. The marketing money they've bugeted probably takes care of any "losses". As far as manufacturer coupons, there's probably a certain time frame in which they have to submit those in order to get reimbursed(after collecting and submitting coupons to the corporate office on a weekly basis, I'm not sure what happened to the coupons and technically there could be expired coupons in the bunch that weren't expired when they were accepted). I'm sure that if accepting either of these types of coupons has produced significant losses, the policy will be adjusted. And this would be the result of not just some people taking advantage of "freebies" but also the policy itself and the way the cashiers accept any coupons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by USC Becca

As Brad posted a while back, this thread is for discussions related to Perimeter Perusing at Target. Lately, things have been getting quite off track. If you have questions about Target coupons, please go to the Target Coupon thread, found here. If you want to talk about the targetunion.org site, a new thread in Deal Discussion was created for that, which can be found here. Posts that are not about Perimeter Perusing, including general griping about Target, its employees, or its policies, do not belong in this thread, and will be simply deleted from now on.

The thread has been totally derailed last few weeks. All we ever hear about is choxies bars and pissed off employees.

I know I don't clip any dates off. They know its expired. The head cashier told me if the registers accept them, then they accept them. They won't maually put it the coupon though if it doesn't scan (or override the discount). SO far though, mine all scan and have had no problems.

I've always wondered just how huge stores like Target and Walmart get reimbursed for their coupons anyway. Do they really pay a clearinghouse to sit and sort through what 50 cent coupon goes to Proctor and Gamble; what 25 cents coupons go to Kimberly Clark, etc. etc... Do they do it in the store? I just can't imagine that it is cost effective to put that kind of time and money into such a tedious job for essentially pennies. All those stores, all those coupons... I've always wondered what happens to them, really.

I've always wondered just how huge stores like Target and Walmart get reimbursed for their coupons anyway. Do they really pay a clearinghouse to sit and sort through what 50 cent coupon goes to Proctor and Gamble; what 25 cents coupons go to Kimberly Clark, etc. etc... Do they do it in the store? I just can't imagine that it is cost effective to put that kind of time and money into such a tedious job for essentially pennies. All those stores, all those coupons... I've always wondered what happens to them, really.

I've wondered the same thing. I don't know about big stores. But when I worked in Lowe's cash office we would hand address an envelope with the address on the coupon and mail them off. Of course Lowe's doesn't get that many coupons, just on cleaning supplies usually.

Has anybody ever used the Arm and Hammer liquid laundry detergent? I normally use Tide but the Arm and Hammer is so cheap ($1.68 for 100 ounces) for that I might get more if it is as good as Tide. Thanks.

Also in my post last night, I put $1.86 but the correct price is $1.68.

I'm heading to target this morning.. just curious, Are these Tide and quilted northern products red stickered? Or just something you have to scan?

Mine were red stickered but hiding on a end cap in the back nt up front.Also some are marked 15% and some 50%.The powdered tide was 50%.I prefer liquid but for that price i'll learn to change.lol

The quilted Northern was not red stickered for me. It was right in with the other tissues and no markings. My mom called me and said it rang up at $6.48.

I thought running to the scanner with cereal and blankets was bad enough.Now i gotta run with TP in my hand.Ppl are gonna think i realy need the TP.lol

Free $5.00 Target Giftcard With Purchase of Any 2 Dove Pro•Age Items Through March 24, 2007

Buy any 2 Dove Skin Vitalizer or Pro Age products Priced $3.69 to $12.99 and get a free $5 Target GiftCard. Offer valid for in store purchases only.

Quantities limited. No rain checks. Offer expires March 24, 2007

Has anyone looked at the scrapbook stuff recently?

For those of you who got the TP, can you drop me some off? I always buy huge packages, and apparently, I miscounted last time I went to the store. I get up this morning, and there's not any!!!! I traded DH cars today, and forgot the carseat, so us girls are stuck home without. hrmm... an excuse to go stock up tonight!

I went back last weekend and got more of the Kraft Mac & Cheese 6 packs, this time with a coupon. They are on clearance for 1.48, and now there's a 50 cent coupon.

Please stick to topic guys, there's a separate coupon thread. This is the last thread I want closed, and I'm sure many others agree. It's been threatened before, think about what all of this arguing is risking.

Free $5.00 Target Giftcard With Purchase of Any 2 Dove Pro•Age Items Through March 24, 2007

Buy any 2 Dove Skin Vitalizer or Pro Age products Priced $3.69 to $12.99 and get a free $5 Target GiftCard. Offer valid for in store purchases only.

Quantities limited. No rain checks. Offer expires March 24, 2007

Where did u see this?Do we need a coupon or something???

Ok Guys where is all the good deals?:2elephant

I love this site so much but can we stick to non coupon stuff:D PLEASE

Part of getting good deals is using coupons in conjunction with some of the clearance items.

This is an aspect of perimeter perusing and shopping at Target. I value all of the posts regarding ALL of the issues of shopping at Target. I get very frustrated when posts are moved or deleted.

Last night I also got the 24 regular rolls of Quilted Northern for $3.44. They were on the endcap in the cleaning supplies area.

I noticed that at the Target I was at that flashlight were going on clearance. There were some large mag lites that were 30% off. Also there were some smaller kids flashlights that were beginning their clearance run.

I think the deals goes in shifts. Right now the big clearance items at the Target I was at last night was: cosmetics - lots of Almay products were 75% off - as well as many other brands, stationary - most of the items we saw last night were 50 - 75% off. I noticed that Juicy Juice was 30% off of the 10 pack juice boxes.

Has anybody ever used the Arm and Hammer liquid laundry detergent? I normally use Tide but the Arm and Hammer is so cheap ($1.68 for 100 ounces) for that I might get more if it is as good as Tide. Thanks.

Also in my post last night, I put $1.86 but the correct price is $1.68.

I use it all the time.

I didn't know it was on clearance at Target. I was just there this morning. Oh well, I will just have to go back tomorrow. :D

Part of getting good deals is using coupons in conjunction with some of the clearance items.

This is an aspect of perimeter perusing and shopping at Target. I value all of the posts regarding ALL of the issues of shopping at Target. I get very frustrated when posts are moved or deleted.

Last night I also got the 24 regular rolls of Quilted Northern for $3.44. They were on the endcap in the cleaning supplies area.

I noticed that at the Target I was at that flashlight were going on clearance. There were some large mag lites that were 30% off. Also there were some smaller kids flashlights that were beginning their clearance run.

I think the deals goes in shifts. Right now the big clearance items at the Target I was at last night was: cosmetics - lots of Almay products were 75% off - as well as many other brands, stationary - most of the items we saw last night were 50 - 75% off. I noticed that Juicy Juice was 30% off of the 10 pack juice boxes.

Yes but this is a separate coupon threard right?:smart:

Today I found Target baby wipes, 80 count one-at-a-time dispensing, recloseable packs for .33¢ each.

Original price says .48¢. Anyone know if that is correct? Seems kind of cheap when compared to the Target baby wipes I usually buy.

Heaters were down to 50% off and I saw some Spiderman, Justice League and Pirates of the Carribean action figures at 50% off.

The Stateline Super Target is the only one in my area where I've seen the huge, huge pack of Charmin (30 rolls maybe???). Anyway, I was there last night and they had a few left. They are back by the frozen foods and seemed to be getting a bit hidden because they were unloading new packages of TP that weren't on sale and the Charmin was getting shoved around a bit. Anyway, they are marked to 1/2 price ($6.50). A week or so ago I got a Target receipt coupon for $1.50 off and also had a Target coupon for $1 off, so got the Charmin for $4. Pretty cheap and good to have on hand when ya got kiddos who think they need 12 feet of it each time they go to the bathroom! LOL