Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

You mean the store you went to wasnt on RED ALERT about those Choxie coupons?? I was sure NO store would let those go past Saturday...

Guess my store must have missed the memo on the Choxie coupons. I've used them twice since Saturday.

Some of the coupons I used today were expired. I was just testing the waters :P

Pretty good day at Target. Got a couple of the mead notebook packs for 1.24, got Archer Farms bbq sauce for .48, got the 2 pk hair dye for 4.xx, and some sunsilk conditioner for 1.24. Got a few other things that I can't think of right now so I will post them later.

24 regular roll packs of Quilted Northern toilet paper for 2.98!!!!

I also saw the RoboRaptor for 49.99 if there are some of you still wanting one....

that's about it though...really looked through the clearance haircare products, but none that our store had on clearance went with ANY of the coupons I had (so I used those at Kroger lol)

24 regular roll packs of Quilted Northern toilet paper for 2.98!!!!

I also found 30 giant roll = 60 regular roll packs of charmin for 6.50 and lots of different laundry detergents 50% off. I got tide for 4.78!!!! They also had the baby ALL

I just had a nice long conversation with Target Guest Relations representative "Joan" about the Choxie coupon and the Target coupon generator in general.

http://coupons.50webs.org/ <<<That one.

She did not know anything about a "Target coupon generator" Apparently, this is NOT produced or sponsored by Target. She did not exactly say it was not legit, just that they did not know anything about it. She did say that if a web coupon scans, it is supposed to be accepted at the store level no matter what. Since these coupons DO scan, they are acceptable. BUT, since Target itself does not put these coupons on the web, they do not feel bound to carry enough stock to cover them all and WILL NOT offer a raincheck for the items.

She suggested that you only use coupons found on the Target.com web site.

If you look at the URL for the generator, you will notice that it does not in any way contain the word "Target." I never thought of it before today.

Just a FYI kind of a post....

I just had a nice long conversation with Target Guest Relations representative "Joan" about the Choxie coupon and the Target coupon generator in general.

She did not know anything about a "Target coupon generator" Apparently, this is NOT produced or sponsored by Target. She did not exactly say it was not legit, just that they did not know anything about it. She did say that if a web coupon scans, it is supposed to be accepted at the store level no matter what. Since these coupons DO scan, they are acceptable. BUT, since Target itself does not put these coupons on the web, they do not feel bound to carry enough stock to cover them all and WILL NOT offer a raincheck for the items.

If you look at the URL for the generator, you will notice that it does not in any way contain the word "Target." I never thought of it before today.

Ok now I am confused... I thought the "generator" was made by a Gottadeal person so we could print multiple coupons? Here is the quote from the first of the target posts...

"Okay, so here's the deal. Target puts out these web coupons every couple of weeks that you can print them and use them. But what if you don't want to print all of the coupons - or you need several of one coupon? This coupon generator makes it easy to just print the ones you want. Also, the coupon generator has the current posted coupons, and past posted coupons. They take the coupons down before they expire, so if you want to print last weeks' coupons, you will have to use this generator."

This is not something that should have been brought to the attention of Target Guest Relations. It isn't a Target generator. It was made by someone to enable the printing of a large number of coupons at one time. Otherwise you have to print the coupons from the Target site over and over again. It has no relation to Target other than it uses the coupons that they list on their website and writes a program for them to print as many as you like.

They are however still Target Web Coupons. The same you will find on the Target Site. The Target site does not list the expired coupons. The generator site does. Hopefully this Guest Relations person does not elevate the call.

Can I ask WHY?! I would've brought these coupons to the attention of a representative. lol. I would just be thankful that Target accepts them (although I thought these were from Target, but at different times)

O.k. Just to change subjects a little. If anyone is planning a bd party target has started marking down party supplies. I saw Bratz 1/2 off, elmo 1/2 , spongebob 1/2 on most things except invitations. Didn't help me much since my DD loves Dora . Also make-up at 75% off . I found alot from almay, maybeline and covergirl. Also kids craft kits between 30 and 50% off.

O.k. Just to change subjects a little. If anyone is planning a bd party target has started marking down party supplies. I saw Bratz 1/2 off, elmo 1/2 , spongebob 1/2 on most things except invitations. Didn't help me much since my DD loves Dora . Also make-up at 75% off . I found alot from almay, maybeline and covergirl. Also kids craft kits between 30 and 50% off.

My Target discounted the Birthday supplies last week at 50% off. I bought out their Bratz stuff. lol. Only thing I left was bratz pens for favors and hats. Everything else was bought by me. lol. I have at least a party of 12 coming so thank god they had enough stuff. I paid under $1 for each thing.

:(:confused::(

If it is printing the same exact coupon found on the Target site, why would you bring it up? It is only making it easier for people to print the coupon they want without having to print all the others they don't want.

I cant believe it was brought to Targets attention either! This nice person (whoever it is!) made it EASIER for all of us to print multiples of a certain coupon. These coupons are available on the Target site (the current ones anyway) and if we wanted to print them, we would have to do it one at a time! If you have an issue with the coupons being accepted, them discuss that... dont bring stuff to Targets attention that doesnt need to be brought up!

Ok i couldnt wait till friday i had to go tonight.Kids,snow i didnt care(LOL).I got a few 2L's coke .49 after coupon .33 gold fish after coupons, .74 eggo waffles after coupons,$2.00 Trop OJ after coupon, 1.50 family size lays chips after coupon.yall get the picture.If it was on sale i got it.leather chair(couch) cover $9.99 orig 39.99 and a leather love seat cover $19.99 orig $89.99.now for my DEAL of the night tide 64 use powder original $9.99 was 50% off pd $4.98.WOOO HOOO i bought all they had.Thxs to the OP for telling us this.I forgot to look for the TP though.Kids clothes still 30%.Oh well guess ill have to go back Friday He-He..

You know, I love getting a deal just as much as the next person. BUT, IF I am doing something that is somehow considered FRAUD or a SCAM of ANY kind then count me out. I had absolutely no idea where this "generator" originated. Yes, the original intent of the creator might of been in our best interests and was truly helpful, BUT after reading the Choxie stories on this forum from users all over the country, I think that Target is WELL aware that there is a problem and has already begun addresing it by slowly starting to create new rules and limits associated with these coupons. You know darn well that those who were bragging about getting 50+ Choxie bars are going to ruin it for the REST of us why just want a good deal now and then. When the sh** hits the fan I do not want to be left standing there looking like a total idiot and be accused of fraud or any other type if illegal or immoral conduct. I thought I was doing something acceptable by using THEIR coupons that THEY handed out willingly and freely.

OK, 'nuff said.

Kara there is nothing wrg with using the generator.Its the same as going to the target website and hitting print 5 times for the same coupon.The generator just prints all 5 on 1 page.Thats all.The coupon doesnt say anything about how many u can print.Target doesnt have a limit.

It is definitely NOT illegal what you were doing, or what the generator does. All it is doing is saving us time. So don't worry.. you didn't do anything wrong. The thing with the expired coupons may or may not be a corporate policy, but if they, like other companies I must add, take them, that is better for us. The reason coupons are on the web is to give access to more people. They did hand out the coupons freely. Don't worry!!!

It is definitely NOT illegal what you were doing, or what the generator does. All it is doing is saving us time. So don't worry.. you didn't do anything wrong. The thing with the expired coupons may or may not be a corporate policy, but if they, like other companies I must add, take them, that is better for us. The reason coupons are on the web is to give access to more people. They did hand out the coupons freely. Don't worry!!!

I am not worried about myself, but those of you who "clip off the expiration date" should worry. Don't wanna end up like the lady in O'Fallon Missouri.

I also think the people who are trying to use 30 (or more) at a time are ruining it for the rest of us. That is not something to brag about. Then, some of them cause a real stink at the check out when the cashier will not take their 30 freebie coupons!

When you really think about it, it is laughable to assume that Target is in any way worried about people over using coupons. Just look at the pages and pages of dialog this forum generates all talking about Target. They are in HEAVEN-- I believe. This publicity couldn't be any better if they paid for it themselves. Look at how well Target has been doing compared to Walmart. They are eating their lunch in terms of customer share of the disount store market.

I just find it extremely hard to believe that the highly educated senior executives at the very top of Target Corp's food chain don't realize what they are doing when they allow their systems to accept coupons past the expiration date.. with or WITHOUT the date actually present on their coupon.

These people aren't stupid. They know exactly what is going on. They are smart because they know they aren't the lowest price in town, but by having a liberal coupon policy, people go into their store to buy lotion and come out buying a 3 piece dresser set too!!!

I have used the expired coupons twice now and both times, I left the dates on there. Never once was that looked at. They just looked to see if I bought the item. Today, the cashier called the front end supervisor over, she matched the coupons to my items and had him scan each of them. No problems. If they said I couldnt use them because they were expired, so be it. I will just use current coupons.

As for the generator, all it does is save us TIME. I could easily go to target.com and print the same coupons, but why waste paper and only print 1 per page? The coupons are right there on target.com for printing.

I was one using many coupons at once (31 one time between the chips and candy bars was the most for me). I spoke to customer service and was told by both "Valerie" and "Anthony" in grocery that as long as I have one coupon per item, I can use them. Because of these coupons, I stopped shopping at WalMart and will just use Target now.

I remember when that $1 off Diet Coke coupon came out last summer, people on this forum were talking about how they were buying 50 or more jugs for wedding receptions. Guess giving away all that Diet Coke didn't make anyone at the corporate level worry too much cause they are still printing out some pretty good coupons (including the most recent FREE Choxie bars).