Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Yes there is a seperate thread but when we are talking about a great price at Target especially if you can use a coupon don't you think it should be here too? I mean this thread is about great deals at Target right? You have to admit - free Choxie bars and little bags of chips are great deals. Goldfish for either .33 or .83 is a great deal but these only come with coupons. Also if there is a problem using the coupon then I can understand someone wanting to come to this thread to discuss this with the people we consider friends on this thread - and also to warn others of a potential problem.

Just my .02 of course.

Personally I don't look at too many of the other threads. I have a few that I am interested in and don't look around otherwise.

I found a ton of crafty type stuff today there -- craft sticks (tongue depressers) 500ct for $.34, sticker books with 500 stickers for $1.48 (I bought a few and sent them into the preschool/kindergarten class) and the knitting kits (how to knit) for tween girls; jewelry making, etc. were all marked at 50% off at least; lots of "color by number" and "paint by number" stuff was clearanced too. Great for easter basket stuffing. scrapbooking stuff was all on sale too -- really decent prices...it's a shame, b/c I don't do scrapbooking...LOL.

The Stateline Super Target is the only one in my area where I've seen the huge, huge pack of Charmin (30 rolls maybe???). Anyway, I was there last night and they had a few left. They are back by the frozen foods and seemed to be getting a bit hidden because they were unloading new packages of TP that weren't on sale and the Charmin was getting shoved around a bit. Anyway, they are marked to 1/2 price ($6.50). A week or so ago I got a Target receipt coupon for $1.50 off and also had a Target coupon for $1 off, so got the Charmin for $4. Pretty cheap and good to have on hand when ya got kiddos who think they need 12 feet of it each time they go to the bathroom! LOL

I was at the Stateline Target also last night twice. Getting the tp and tide.

Our target had their travel mugs and thermos for 2.48 regulary 9.99 to 12.99. They had cute acrylic 3 pc canister sets for 4.98 (reg 19.99)I got a set for my grandgirls art stuff. Also found some of the TP everyone is finding... GREAT DEAL. It was red stickered. Found 2 Leap frog fridge DJs music player.. its magnetic and can be used on the fridge or for travel. It was 19.99 reg got it for 4.98 Also found the Tide. They had tons of extra virgin olive oil and tapenade for less than 2.00. Lots of sauces and marinades for 1.50 and less. A1 sauce for 72c which is great since it is usually about 5.00. I am sure there was more but I cant remember. Oh,one last thing there was lots of car cleaning things 75% off too. Happy shopping!!!!

got back from Target... didnt have much than what was already posted on here.

But I did get my Tide (concentrated 200oz) for $6.44 - had a coupon for $1 off if I buy 2. So i did. :)

Plus got 2 packs of the quilted northern, had a $1 coupon for buying 2 packs. So ended up paying $2.94/each. :) Had tons of the stationary and photo albums marked down.

Some of our baby clearance in the boys dept on a clearance rack, so dont forget to check that dept too if your looking for more baby stuff. :)

Yes there is a seperate thread but when we are talking about a great price at Target especially if you can use a coupon don't you think it should be here too? I mean this thread is about great deals at Target right? You have to admit - free Choxie bars and little bags of chips are great deals. Goldfish for either .33 or .83 is a great deal but these only come with coupons. Also if there is a problem using the coupon then I can understand someone wanting to come to this thread to discuss this with the people we consider friends on this thread - and also to warn others of a potential problem.

Just my .02 of course.

Personally I don't look at too many of the other threads. I have a few that I am interested in and don't look around otherwise.

If there's a coupon on a sale item, it's more than okay to post it here. But all discussion related directly to coupons should be in the other thread.

I'm under the assumption that as long as an item is involved, it's fine for here, but discussing how to use them and store specific problems should be in the other.

This thread is too large, and posts unrelated to sale items take up unnecessary room. It's hard enough to find things in here as it is.

Well I came to a sad retaliation today; I have got to get in better shape if I am going to continue to go to Target on my lunch break. It was like running a marathon!

As I am making a mad dash to the TP on the end caps I couldn’t help but smile as I thought of dealgrabber coming up behind me making the same mad dash…..lol

Here is what I scored…..

*Northern 24 reg rolls…$3.44 (only had one left)

*Northern 20 MEGA rolls…$ 6.48 (2)

*Poptarts on sale 2/$3.00 (4 boxes) 2 Target coupons $1.00 off each

*Little Debbie Swiss Cakes (5 boxes), ok I know I don’t need 5 boxes of cakes but have you ever been in a house with 4 women pmsing??? 5 Target coupons $1.00 final price .66 each

*4 2-liter Pepsi …reg Pepsi is $1.59 and the Pepsi Twist is .99 cents, now the Target coupon reads Buy one Pepsi product and get the twist for free up to $1.69, well the cashier never even looked at the price of the twist she just gave me the maximum value of the coupon $1.69, woooohoooo!!

*Tide (2 boxes) 60 loads size $4.98

20 minutes in and out, that might be a new recorder for speed shopping, thanks for the post everyone I would have never been able to do this without knowing all this stuff in advance.

In the food section, they had clearanced Smuckers ice cream toppings- the large squeezable jars)... chocolate/hot fudge, strawberry, caramel, butterscotch, and pineapple. Only $1.04 each. Regularly almost $3. I bought one of each as my daughter's birthday party is coming up and Im going to have a sundae bar now!

Forget the brand (JOY I think), is also on clearance- ice cream cone bowls for .88. I bought 3 of them for the sudae bar. Other types of cones on clearance also for .88. In date till October this year so this is a super find for me!

Got the rest of the skippy peanut butter today. Only paid .74 with my coupons. Nice sized containers too. I now have 5 in storage in the pantry. lol.

Bought several hair items on clearance. Panteine Blonde Espression shampoo, conditioner, and gel. .74 each with my 1.50 off coupons.

Got 2 more 12 packs of Mt Dew for $2 with the Target coupons. My husband goes through it like water so I always have to have some on-hand.

Bought 5 more Goldfish varieties today- .33 each.

Bought 4 more Motts juice- .50 each

The Northern toilet paper wasn' t on clearance at my Target. Just regular price.

Tide was still 5.13 so I'll wait to see if it goes down. They had 3 full endcaps of it. It wasn't the 300oz either. Smaller one. When do they re-price detergents and toilet paper? Is that on housewares day? Wasn't sure when to make sure to be in the store.

All in all, good day.

I haven't allowed myself into Target for several days now (I'm giving in and going later today) but our local Goodwill had a TON of GB stuff the other day, a whole section. The prices at this store were much higher then Target's 75% off but I thought if anyone missed something they could try there? I know our Goodwill buys there pallets of salvage from other cities so you can find things that our store had sold out of.

When I was in Target today, the employees were in the makeup and lotions aisle throwing a lot of the red-tagged items in boxes. I heard the one girl ask how they were going to fit all the stuff on the endcaps as they were already full of stuff on clearance. The lady replied to her that all the stuff that didn't fit on the endcaps were being salvaged so dont bother to price adjust the stuff in the boxes. (wish I could have taken a peek before they were going to salvage). My goodwill anymore is so expensive. Used to find good deals, but now jeans are like $8 and shirts $4-5. seems the new stuff is really expensive too.

Has anybody ever used the Arm and Hammer liquid laundry detergent? I normally use Tide but the Arm and Hammer is so cheap ($1.68 for 100 ounces) for that I might get more if it is as good as Tide. Thanks.

Also in my post last night, I put $1.86 but the correct price is $1.68.

That is what I normally use. I used to use Tide but was finding that my clothes were fading too fast, so I switched to a few different brands and Arm & Hammer is what I ended up with. I've been using it for about 5 years now and I think it is awesome.

Question - how are you getting it for $1.68?? Is it on sale, clearance, or is there a coupon available? I usually grab quite a few when they go to $1.99, but $1.68 is even better!

Thank you for the link...

I also wanted to add that if anyone uses the SlimFast, its now 2.50 for a box of 8 cans. Super cheap. I don't like the flavor, but they have milk chocolate and dark chocolate available right now. $5 instant coupon on Levis too on the box. Not sure how they go together, but it on there. lol

Got several packs of photo paper for 4.98, a nice throw blanket 6.24 (orig 24.99), pack of dinosaur pencils, erasers, and sharpener 1.48. I also stocked up on some of the scrapbook stuff. I got 10 piece scrapbook tool kit 9.98 (orig 19.99), page of sticker sayings 1.38, adhesive remover 1.32, pk of 460 page accents 1.98, pack of 5 really cute girl stitched tags 1.74, photo corner tape 1.48, another page of stickers 1.38, 4 premade sheets 2.48. I also got a nice tablecloth (sage with black trim) for 7.48 (orig. 29.99). GOTTA LOVE TARGET!!!:D

In the food section, they had clearanced Smuckers ice cream toppings- the large squeezable jars)... chocolate/hot fudge, strawberry, caramel, butterscotch, and pineapple. Only $1.04 each. Regularly almost $3. I bought one of each as my daughter's birthday party is coming up and Im going to have a sundae bar now!

Forget the brand (JOY I think), is also on clearance- ice cream cone bowls for .88. I bought 3 of them for the sudae bar. Other paper? Is that on housewares day? Wasn't sure when to make sure to be in the store.

All in all, good day.

Are these a new markdown? We always do the sundae bars for parties, it is so easy, and the kids love it! They keep for a long time.. gee, maybe I will have to go look. Our local grocery store usually has blue bunny ice cream in 5 quart pails on sale for 3.98.

I get the toppings, and also buy several different candy bars and chop them up. They did have the 12 packs on clearance with a coupon on top of that.

Yes, they accept both coupons, one of each.

I thought i could stay away from target for a day and then elena had to post about the ice-cream toppings. My dd and granddaughter expect me to have these in my house always. So it looks like I'll have to suffer through another target run (the things we go through for our kids.) I just can't decide which one to hit.

Has anybody ever used the Arm and Hammer liquid laundry detergent? I normally use Tide but the Arm and Hammer is so cheap ($1.68 for 100 ounces) for that I might get more if it is as good as Tide. Thanks.

Also in my post last night, I put $1.86 but the correct price is $1.68.

Consumer Reports actually tested a bunch of the laundry detergents a couple of months back. Interestingly, the Walmart store brand was the ONLY one that came near Tide in terms of quality of the wash. It was pretty equivalent. The others all had various problems. I don't recall Arm & Hammer specifically, but I remember that All (which I had been using) did especially poorly in the test.

Really nice large wicker baskets are now 75% off. I found them on the end caps in the "decor" area near the framed prints. $3.74 each and quite large. I picked up 5 for our Preschool to use. They were ecstatic. They also had a few of the toys marked 75% today including the large baby bratz dolls that were on sale. Also, those rolling Rubbermaid containers with kids characters on them were $2.48. I saw Dora & Diego. I know they also came in Spiderman and Disney Princess. Not many left anywhere, but a great deal if you can find them. They are in toys.

Well I came to a sad retaliation today; I have got to get in better shape if I am going to continue to go to Target on my lunch break. It was like running a marathon!

As I am making a mad dash to the TP on the end caps I couldn’t help but smile as I thought of dealgrabber coming up behind me making the same mad dash…..lol

LMAO.Bet im nt in any better shape either.Ya know its funny u say that becasue i always wonder when im at target what other GD'er are there.Like we are having a stare down.

Are these a new markdown? We always do the sundae bars for parties, it is so easy, and the kids love it! They keep for a long time.. gee, maybe I will have to go look. Our local grocery store usually has blue bunny ice cream in 5 quart pails on sale for 3.98.

I get the toppings, and also buy several different candy bars and chop them up. They did have the 12 packs on clearance with a coupon on top of that.

Yes, they accept both coupons, one of each.

This is new. I was at this Target on Tuesday and this wasn't on the endcap. I go in today and its newly marked down. Didn't have the idea for a sundae bar until I saw the ice cream cone bowls and all the toppings on sale.