Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Don't forget- there is a $4.00 rebate on the Bebe Sounds heart monitor in the current issue of Baby Talk magazine, which is free at most Babies R US stores and pediatrician's offices if you don't get the free subscription. I just sent mine in. I am very excited about getting the monitor for $1.00 after rebate! Great deal!!!

OMG, I had no clue! Thanks so much! I'm excited too as all the baby things I've been accumulating are for gifts. AWESOME!!!:D

This is totally opposite what I have been told at my Target. I have always been told they would not hold clearance items, unless I pay for it. Then they will hold it for 24 hours. Please let us know if it is still there when you go back this evening.

They still had the bike with my name on it at the customer service desk when my husband got there. Woo hoo! That's odd that the policies are completely opposite...

Finally found some markdowns I can use @ my Target:

Girls' Mora sneakers $3.74 (original $14.99)

Girls' Lyla sneakers $3.74 (original $14.99)

Girls' Hello Kitty black mary janes $3.74 (original $14.99)

Dora the Explorer rain poncho $1.74 (original $6.99)

Girls' Inflatabed $4.98 (original $19.99)

They had plenty of the elephant tents, but I think DD is getting a little too big for them. Although, I just now saw the posts about the Eddie Bauer screened room, so I'll have to go back and see if there's any at my store.

They had plenty of the elephant tents, but I think DD is getting a little too big for them.

that could be, as I don't know your DD, but I just have to pass along that these things are HUGE!!! I mean as far as kid's play tents go, it is enormous! My DSs love it! It really is very cute, too. Not as easy to put up as a pop up, but pretty fast.

How have you found the new Target by the Speedway? I am kind of disappointed. I figured as a new store they would be a lot quicker to clearance. When the Oak Park Target first opened, they had incredible deals. They were quick to move from 30 to 50% off and sometimes STARTED at 50% off and skipped 30% altogether. I guess there aren't a lot of Targets out that way, so maybe that has something to do with the Speedway Target's pricing or just management??? Who knows??? It's about a 15 minute drive for me so unless I'm hitting the outlet to do some other shopping, I don't go there as much as I thought I would. I also just realized that their store has a very high tax as well... up over 8%. It's not THAT much of a difference from many of the stores in the city, which are 7.5%, but if I'm just going to pick up essentials, I definitely take that into consideration. (OR to the Stateline & Lees Summit Super Target, which has almost 9% tax!!)

Of course, if there is a good deal to be had tax rates don't really matter all that much LOL!!:)

I haven't had any luck with finding much at all lately. I did luck into a pink Disney video mix max at the Overland Park Super Target late last week. It was $25.04 (kind of a weird price). Also got a little Barbie 3 wheel scooter for $6.24. I was just there getting something from the pharmacy, otherwise I don't usually go to that store.

I think they are slow to discount for sure. While the Target by me was 50% off of toys after Christmas the Speedway store was only 30%. I remember because they had a Butterscotch Pony for $175 when the other stores around here had them for $125.

They have had a couple of things though that have been sold out at the other stores - like they had a couple of ipod hi fi systems the other day which have been gone at the other stores I have checked. They don't have their clearance sectioned off like other Targets which I think I like better. It feels more like a treasure hunt.

I know what you mean about the Target at Oak Park Mall. I found a foodsaver there last year just sitting on the shelf and I was so pschyed! My dh loved it. It was funny because I had seen one at a garage sale earlier that day and decided not to buy it because they wanted too much and then I found this brand new clearance one :)

This is totally opposite what I have been told at my Target. I have always been told they would not hold clearance items, unless I pay for it. Then they will hold it for 24 hours. Please let us know if it is still there when you go back this evening.

My Target in Indiana said they would not hold ANYTHING, clearance or not, even if I pay for it first. Talk about inconsistencies with the stores!!

I read the Taret Union website occasionally [i'm a team member] and sometimes people write things on there that are very rude, but I think a lot of it is just venting after a bad day or such.

My Target in Indiana said they would not hold ANYTHING, clearance or not, even if I pay for it first. Talk about inconsistencies with the stores!!

The Targets in which I work/shop will allow you to do a 24 hour hold on merchandise that isn't a high demand item or clearance.

I got backpacks today for $2.48 and then I saw 2 of the womens bikes for $29.98... I was so tempted but hubby said we have a perfectly good one here at home. They had the peanut oil that was out for Thanksgiving and I was hoping but it rang up at $19.99 so I passed. I did get a Spongebob GBA game... marked $13.98 and was going to pass (no scanners near me... new Target)... but I said ahh what the heck.. so scanned it and it was $9.98! So my kids were happy :)

I wish I could find either a man or woman's bike here in Orlando. I have been looking since the last round of bikes.

I can report that I got a great deal on LifeLong dog food... a 40lb bag for half off! For me that is great because dog food RARELY goes on sale. My dog (who by the way is only 8lbs) will be happy for a long while.

If anyone in Orlando sees any adult bikes on the great clearance, please let me know.

Thanks Gator Pam! I'm always in there looking for good deals, so far the past 2 years I've just happened to go in there the day they started the 75% off the GB. I just love all of that stuff. I'm moving into a new place next month and all the furniture and home clearance this month they have had has me replacing a ton of stuff in my house. :)

Hi Neighbor.:g_hello: I live about 4 miles north of Eastview Target and 4 miles south of Penfield Target. I always find great sales at both stores. Sometimes if I feel adventurous I'll drive the extra 15/20 mins straight up 250 and hit the Webster store.:gdcar: Which Target do you shop ?

At Target tonight picked up a pair of PJs for DW, $4.xx marked down from $19.xx. The Christmas bucket of Cascade is still $12.49. I did find the Air Wick fresh matic ultra automatic spray kit for $10.xx with a $6.00 coupon attached.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when will the furniture be marked down again? I checked the mark down schedule on the first page of this thread but didn't see anything about furniture.

I don't know about anyone else or whether it may be due to the fact that Target is "relatively" new to this area (I mean there were ZERO Targets in KC when I moved here in 91). Now, there are too many to even count within the city sometimes practically on top of each other.

Anyway, whenever I go into a Target store, I am met at virtually ever single aisle with the friendliest "Hello, can I help you find anything?" It is the single reason I won't step foot in a Walmart. Most of the time I'm just strolling for deals so I rarely need assistance, but the Targets in this city are hands down some of the friendliest workers I have ever encountered in my life and that is in ANY discount store-- Walmart, Kmart, whatever!

I can count on one hand the times that someone there has made me the least bit upset. Pretty much only one time and I can remember his name and face. LOL. When I see him working I still give him the berries under my breath :>)

For those looking for a bike, I know WM will do a free store to store transfer, even with clearnace they have done it for me at least 10 times, if Target will do it, I will give you my store that had 2 of them

Target doesn't do that. If you go to Guest Services, they can tell you which store has an item and then you can go get it, but they won't do a transfer for you.

For those looking for a bike, I know WM will do a free store to store transfer, even with clearnace they have done it for me at least 10 times, if Target will do it, I will give you my store that had 2 of them

I don't think that they will. They usually just give you the list of stores that they show have the item. They've certainly never offered.

I don't think that they will. They usually just give you the list of stores that they show have the item. They've certainly never offered.

Here they will call the other Target store that's on the other side of town for you and let you know if they have it, they've never offered to hold it at the other store or send it to the store you're at for you.

Here they will call the other Target store that's on the other side of town for you and let you know if they have it, they've never offered to hold it at the other store or send it to the store you're at for you.

They will hold it if you ask. I have had to do that several times. Just ask whoever is calling to have them hold it for you. They will hold for 24 hrs.

They will hold it if you ask. I have had to do that several times. Just ask whoever is calling to have them hold it for you. They will hold for 24 hrs.

I wish they would do that here...I needed one item and the store I was in was out and they called another store about 5 miles down the road, they had two of the item in stock physically in front of the person on the phone, but would not hold one for me and by the time I drove down the road, litterally there within 10 minutes of the phone call by employee, the items were gone. I cann't begin to tell you how mad I was........but Target is still by far my very favorite store to shop at.

I''m so excited, I just found the women's bike for 75% off ($29.99)! It was marked $59.99, but I had them scan it. I could not fit it in my car, so they said they would hold it for 24 hours for me, although they wouldn't let me pay for it then, so I just hope it's still there with my name on it at 5pm when DH gets home with his truck.

DO you have the DCPI # on this? I would love to get one! You're so lucky!! My Target won't hold anything that is marked down. :(

DO you have the DCPI # on this? I would love to get one! You're so lucky!! My Target won't hold anything that is marked down. :(

Where exactly do I find the DCPI#? The # on the receipt is 082090079 and it says it's a "Triax 26in" Hope that helps.

Found some more deals at my two local Targets today:

1. 5 pack hanes mens briefs 1.74

2. White sweater toddler girls 2.48

3. Franklin soccer ball size 3 3.24

4. Foaming Dora the explorer can of soap with figurine 1.48

5. Boys soccer socks 1.24

6. Huge golf club with huge ball and tee 2.48

7. Hanging travel toiletry bag 3.74

8. Groovy girls backpack 3.98

9. Bras 4.24 and 4.98 all different styles I bought two of each

10. Assorted ladies underwear 75% off

11. Old el paso taco kits 1.24

12. Soccer training system 1.74

Thought these where good deals that I have not seen posted before.

I bought

a nice 3 picture frame 6.24

photo album 3.xx

edible bubbles .76

folding lounge chair (full body) 12.xx it was 50% They only had 2 left.

socks .98 each

Eddie Bauror pokcet knife 4.98

Eddie Bauror large batmitten set marker 24.xx, scanned at 12.xx, latch work broke, so I got it gor 11.23!!!! It was reg 59.99!!! A birthday present for my son in april. He loves family games.

They had tons of portable heaters at 30%

a few bookbags left

baseball bats for 7.xx from 29.00

the tents and tunnels were 50%

All the dart boards and fishing stuff was completely gone.

All of the winter bedding was 30%

All of the fireplace stuff was marked down.

They had a couple of the outdoor fireplaces, but they were only 30%

I can't remember whether or not I posted this, but in some stores I have seen some kids sheets on sale: Bratz, Spiderman and Superman jersey only. All are twin size. They also have the coordinating comforters on sale. All are 30% off. It looks like the whole Spiderman line, including pillow & throw are also on sale. Not so with the others.