Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I'm so sad the aquarium baby swing I have been watching was $69.98 yesterday and they had 6 as of 8 pm went today at 1 and they were all gone they had all 6 of them for 2 weeks now and all the baby clearance was gone and everything on the big display was moved. Do you think they really sold them all? they told me they re-set all of baby this morning. Would they have moved the clearance to the back or somewhere else for some reason?

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but a pro when it comes to the way Target does their clearance. I can almost promise you the baby clearance is moved either to another aisle of the baby section or the children's department nearest. I have 5 Targets within 8 miles of my house (gotta love living in LA), and all have moved the baby clearance. 2 to another baby aisle (on the shelves) and 3 to the boy's department right next to it. Check the end caps and any extra shelving they might have.

By the way, I saw a Cosco Playyard for $9.98 at one of the stores. The Altura stroller mentioned earlier is full price at all our stores. Interestingly, they will often clear an item out at one or two of the stores (usually the smaller stores) but keep them at full price at others. It seems to depend on shelf space.

My teacher's aide went to Target to get the TV with built in DVD that was in the sale ad. They were out but she found a 20" on clearance for $44. She bought 2.

Hi, what brand and model number were these TV's. I couldn't find them at my Target.

I hit a woo hoo today!

Polaroid (FMC-1010)10.2"Under Cabinet LCD TV with AM/FM radio, swivel screen

reg $219.99 clearance down to $153.96

This model is discontinued and was the last one..so I haggeled and got it for $100.00!

I checked on ebay and they are selling for over $300.00

:woot2:

Hi. I don't know if it was mentioned yet (didn't see it) but check the garden section for 75% off deals. I purchased about 8 packs of miracle grow fruit and citrus fertilizer spikes for 2.48 each and also about 8 miracle grow citrus shake and feed fertilizer for the same price. I regularly pay full price for the fruit tree spikes. One of the targets near me had all the OFF brand mosquito repellent 75% off as well as gardening accessories such as hose nozzels, hats, totes, shears, etc. I stocked up and also put together a gardening tote basket as a raffle prize for a walk I'll be doing in april. As I was leaving the store, an employee was putting out black folding outdoor chairs marked from $20 to $5 so I bought 2 of them. Lastly, there were some gardening decorations marked %50 but may scan for more off.

This outdoor sale was going on at at least 2 of the 6 targets in my area.

I was at Target today buying the weekly laundry detergents and they had the Memorex 2GB MP3 player for $49.98 in electronics. I really thought about it. Maybe next week if it's still there. The pen sets I've been eyeing are still $6.48. I'm hoping thye still have some when they mark them down again.

I'm so sad the aquarium baby swing I have been watching was $69.98 yesterday and they had 6 as of 8 pm went today at 1 and they were all gone they had all 6 of them for 2 weeks now and all the baby clearance was gone and everything on the big display was moved. Do you think they really sold them all? they told me they re-set all of baby this morning. Would they have moved the clearance to the back or somewhere else for some reason?

My store had the strollers (clearance ones) over by the mens section. Between the mens and kids. The baby area was several rows over. Wierd place for them to be, I thought! But that's the same as the other day when I found a bunch of outdoor stuff in a section in a corner where the plastic tubs were kept? I found that very odd! :eyepoppin So it pays to check all the aisles-though it's time consuming!:cheesy:

Question on Price Adjustments for clearance items.

If an item is on clearance (not seasonal...but for example, electronics) and is purchased at (for example) 30% off and within a short time goes to 50% or 75% off, while Target refund you the difference with a receipt? If so, does anyone know the amount of time they allow?

I know during the holidays the did a price adjustment for me. I believe it was 30 days, but not sure. I am curious if they do the same for clearance items? Also, would you have to go back to the SAME Target where the item was purchased?

Thanks.

If an item is on clearance (not seasonal...but for example, electronics) and is purchased at (for example) 30% off and within a short time goes to 50% or 75% off, WILL (not "while") Target refund you the difference with a receipt? If so, does anyone know the amount of time they allow?

I know during the holidays the did a price adjustment for me. I believe it was 30 days, but not sure. I am curious if they do the same for clearance items? Also, would you have to go back to the SAME Target where the item was purchased?

Thanks.

If an item is on clearance (not seasonal...but for example, electronics) and is purchased at (for example) 30% off and within a short time goes to 50% or 75% off, WILL (not "while") Target refund you the difference with a receipt? If so, does anyone know the amount of time they allow?

Thanks.

Well my Target will not do price adjustments on clearance items. I had to return the item and repurchase another one at the lower price. Now I will just keep an eye out and purchase the lower priced one and then return it with the receipt for the higher price.

Got a great deal at my Target today. I got a Graco travel system ( the carseat and the stroller) For only $32!!! It was originally $129.99!! I am so excited!! It is pink and grey and absolutely adorable. We have been trying to get pregnant for awhile now......hopefully it will happen soon, and I guess now I have to hope for a girl too!! ( We have 2 boys already.)

The sales associate said she just marked them down today, and she was surprised they were still there. This was at around 4:00 PM. There was also an Evenflo travel system for the same price but it was more boyish, and I already have one of those from my 2YO son. My Dh wanted to buy that one too, even if just for a gift down the road, but I passed on it. Hopefully I get to use this pink one soon, if not I know I can resell it at a rummage sale....I could probably even turn a small profit if I wanted too. But I REALLY, REALLY, hope that I get to use it!! I kind of felt silly buying a travel system for a baby I am not even pregnant with, but I couldn't help it. It was such a good deal!!

They also had nice strollers that were originally 49.99 for $12, I am not sure of the brand though.

Got a great deal at my Target today. I got a Graco travel system ( the carseat and the stroller) For only $32!!! It was originally $129.99!! I am so excited!!

They also had nice strollers that were originally 49.99 for $12, I am not sure of the brand though.

I bought the same $32 travel system for my sil. It's a great deal, isn't it! My sil was so excited when I called her to tell her about it!

I also bought my other sil the $12 stroller. It's the Altura one, I think made by Cosco.

Wish I could find these baby deals in N.E. Oh. Where are you located? I tried 2 stores on Sat. for the Pierson step 2 car seat & they scanned $159. The boxes were open & missing parts & still full price! Also the Eddie Bauer car seat, mgr checked & none within 90 miles.

I'm in Canton (south of Akron). I bought the Graco car seats at the North Canton store for $38, but I checked the Massillon store and they were still full price. I don't understand how that works.

I returned the Eddie Bauer car seat to the North Canton store yesterday. I don't know if they put it back out on the floor or not. I might run back in there for something else and I can look for it.

Are you anywhere near this area?

Went back to Target to make sure I wasn't missing the swing and asked an assoc and she said this morning they were marked down to $24.98 and that is probably why I couldn't find them because every beat me to them. Darn it!!! I had the feeling this morning that I should of gone before work. I did notice a couple having help out with I'm not kidding 6 TV's they looked to be about 20" I don't know price or anything but I guess it is the clearance one people are finding at $44.00

-- If anyone's target has the Fish swing for $24.98 please let me know.

The key to getting what you want is to figure out the schedule they do their mark downs on. At our stores, they almost always do Baby stuff on Tuesdays and Toys on Wednesday or Thursday. Sporting Goods is on Thursday. Electronics, Books & Music is on Mondays. Once you have some idea of their schedule, you can try to go on those days. With the exception of the holiday season, they usually spend 2-3 weeks at 30%, 2 weeks at 50% and then go to 75%. That is just a rule of thumb, and they certainly deviate from it, but it is accurate enough. The other thing to note is that they are usually finished with markdowns by 3 or 4 in the afternoon. If what you want is especially hot, it will go quickly, though, so you have to get lucky sometimes. It took me a while to figure out the pattern, but I am able to go everyday as one of the Targets is a block from my son's school.

I can't wait until summer! The next big toy markdown is July/August. That is when they clear out the items that just came out to get ready for Christmas. It is one of the BEST times to get Legos! I have boys...Great baby deals are always in January, though. They do markdowns all year, but certain items are especially good at specific times of year. Children's bedding usually goes in February or March and/or September/October. And, some stores will simply stop carrying an item and will clear it out, while others keep it at full price.

Strollers on clearance? I think my heart just flew out of my chest. DH would kill me if I bought another one.. especially when my kids are growing out of using them fast! :P I may have to go look around tomorrow morning. Just look, not buy - lol.