Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

just called...still 50% off...

heres the call:

me: good morning! I live about 30 miles away from your store and was hoping you could help me out to save me a trip all the way there, could you POSSIBLY tell me if the Christmas is now 75%off or still at 50%? I would appreciate it sooo much.

target emp: no mam, I'm sorry..its still at 50% when I walked in.

me: okay...I guess theres no way I can persuade you to tell me if it will go to 75% off tomorrow could you?

target emp: well, i'm not sure..so don't quote me on this, but little birdies have been buzzing about it all going lower tomorrow morning. so it just might be worth your drive over here tomorrow.(giggle)

me: thank you so much!! there are sale items I need to buy also, but wanted to make it all in one trip. thank you!

target emp: your very welcome, have a great day!

sooo, if she's telling me right...it should all be 75%off tomorrow..unless someone gets a wild hair up their yahoo and puts it at 75 off today or she is lying to me and its actually 75 off now and #1 either doesn't know that its 75 off..or doesn't care and just told me its 50 off still. lol I guess the less I know the better. hahahaha

You guys all have pictures by your name. How do I get a picture thanks!

To get a picture, you click on the Control Panel tab in the top half of the page and then click on the link on the left side that says Edit Avatar. I think you need either 50 or 100 posts to have a custom Avatar, but there are a lot of Stock avatars you can choose now. Welcome to the family :)

just a heads up if you are trying to return to TRU: as of June 1 they will not return, exchange, nadda, without a receipt or gift receipt.

I tried to return somethings yesterday to TRU that my FIL got for the baby (he doesn't keep any receipts) and the manager informed me of this. So then I tried to return it to Target only to find that it wasn't worth much at Target so I ended up keeping it. Its listed on target.com for $28.99 but in store its clearanced for $3!!!

Our Target had a lot of stuff still only 50% yesterday. I picked up some more things for gifts for next year!

jcarr,

I have an idea. Go to the website, try to find an item you are really interested in, get the item# and then call the store and have them check the # and price in the computer. Just a thought since you live so far away.

Just got back from the Warrington PA store and it still 50%... UGHHH

Will it stay at 50% all day or can that change? They were still taking boxes of food and candy from the back to the asles... The girls in the store were like last year it went 75% on New Years eve and this year it hasn't

I hope it goes 75% soon

just called...still 50% off...

heres the call:

me: good morning! I live about 30 miles away from your store and was hoping you could help me out to save me a trip all the way there, could you POSSIBLY tell me if the Christmas is now 75%off or still at 50%? I would appreciate it sooo much.

target emp: no mam, I'm sorry..its still at 50% when I walked in.

me: okay...I guess theres no way I can persuade you to tell me if it will go to 75% off tomorrow could you?

target emp: well, i'm not sure..so don't quote me on this, but little birdies have been buzzing about it all going lower tomorrow morning. so it just might be worth your drive over here tomorrow.(giggle)

me: thank you so much!! there are sale items I need to buy also, but wanted to make it all in one trip. thank you!

target emp: your very welcome, have a great day!

sooo, if she's telling me right...it should all be 75%off tomorrow..unless someone gets a wild hair up their yahoo and puts it at 75 off today or she is lying to me and its actually 75 off now and #1 either doesn't know that its 75 off..or doesn't care and just told me its 50 off still. lol I guess the less I know the better. hahahaha

Columbus, Ohio here, I called this morning and got pretty much the same thing. Still at 50% off today, put probably going to 75% tomorrow. She was really nice because all I asked was what it was at, not when it was going 75%. So up early tomorrow....oh wait I will be anyway...I will be a walking zombie at Target tomorrow because I'm doing a youth overnighter for new year's eve :eyepoppin

Well, I called my Target this morning and they told me that it was 75% off. So great, I head over to Target only to see signs for 50% off. I scanned a few things- 50% off. As I was shopping I found an off duty employee and asked her about the Christmas stuff. She said that she does night stock and she saw signs up for 75% off so she was there at 8am with a friend to get some things. But when she got there all of the signs had been switched back to 50% off. Maybe it will go to 75% off tomorrow.

As for TRU, yes, I went to return 2 defective toys on Thursday and the lady in front of me had a cart of returns (mostly baby type toys, but at least 10-12 things) and only had the receipt for 2 of them... they would not do it! I know we have WM and Target within 1/4 of a mile from them, they probably get a lot of returns from ppl who buy elsewhere and return at TRU because they are more expensive.

I was at Streetsboro, OH for the 50% off a few days ago..not as much as Bainbridge. There was more aisles of stuff than I thought. One aisle of candy, one of the red box stuff, lots of decorations, and lots of blow up snow globes. (Look on the end cap where the cleaning supplies are, the Febreeze sprays are 75% off too!) Also had washcloths, lots of makeup kits and car cleaning kits (turtle wax, meguairs).. HTH! :cheesy:

Went to our Target today - Cartersville GA - it was 75% off and i scored big time. People must have not shopped hardly at all for the 50% off. I didn't need Christmas stuff, so i was snagging the other things we could use. Found a pink Leapster for $35 (my 4 yr old NEEDs this - LOL!) - other things that were NOT marked were the Glade candles (french vanilla, apple cinnamon, pumpkin pie) they were $.59 each! Also there was an endcap of this stuff called "Method" brand in the cleaning/candle aisle - they had cranberry, peppermint, and spiced pear all-purpose cleaner for $.62 - also the same scents dish soap for $.62 - and there were big cans of Fabreze room freshner (sugar cookie and vanilla i think) for $.74! I snagged a bunch of those!

i picked up one of the Christmas boxed b/w tv's w/lantern combo for $7 and a blue set of twin flannel sheets for $5

other things i saw but did not get..

divided children's plates and bowls (red w/red/green stripes) $.49 - bowls $.74

Doodle Monster - $7.44

Only Hearts Club dolls $7 (regularly $16)

Most leap frog games (card game, dominos, connect 4 type) - $3

Gift wrap cutter thing from Scotch - $1.49

Anyone in Twin Cities, Minnesota? Blaine and Lino Lakes were still 50% off last night. Has anyone seen the $249.99 Lionel train for cheaper than $124.99?

Thanks!

Kristin- I just left the St. Paul Midway Target and that train set is on clearance but I don't remember the price.

75% off at that Target too!! and at Walgreen!

75% off at Plymouth Meeting in PA. Lots of great stuff.:)

Oh man, ur making me sooo jealous... I went to the Warrington , PA still and everything scanned at 50% and I called two others and they are still 50%%%%%

Ughhh, can you tell I am addicted to this stuff LOL

Btw, I am new to posting on this board...

Jessica:eyepoppin

75% here in Brooklyn, NY!

I picked up the 4 pack of Scotch tape for $.74/pack, Holiday Barbie in a red ballerina outfit for $1.24, Method Dishwashing liquid in holiday scents were $.62, gift bags, wrapping paper, Holiday M&M's big bag for $.60. There were even some gift bags that were $.06 :eyepoppin I was so shocked that my Target had so much left. They still had Xmas trees, outdoor lighted decoratins, etc literally four packed aisles of items.

ugh ! i was up @ 7am came to check the boards and went back to bed :) when my local stores opened they said still @ 50 % over the phone ...BUT my mom went and they are 75 % off!! needless to sY I m taking a 3 min shower and i am out :)!!

Target was a mad house today!! I bought

2 girls lip gloss sets, 3 Christmas cds, recording keychain, jewelry box, car cleaning kit, clorox wipes, foundue pot, lots of stocking stuffers for the kids for next year, outdoor ext. cords, candy and cookies, and the Ethereal Princess Barbie and the Golden Angel Barbie (org. $40 each). After clearance and gift cards, I spent $27.

But I have to go back an return a PJ set that the guy mistakenly rang up that I had put back so when I go back for my $20, I will only have paid $7.!!! Made out like a bandit!!!!

Just got back from the Target in Garland, TX. I was there about 10 min before opening and there were already 20+ cars in the parking lot. I got my Christmas tree 7 1/2 ft spanish fir (49.99), a snowglobe yard blow up (19.99), a trim a tree boxed set 100 pcs (29.99), various manicure/pedicure gift sets (3.XX), car cleaning sets (6.xx armor all, 3.xx turtle wax), stockings (.24), and a few other things I can't think of right now. All in all I left spending about $168. :D

Stopped at the Middletown, NY store for a Wii this morning, and checked out the clearance since another member here said it was 75% off now. The Christmas stuff was 75% off, there seemed to be a lot of the decorations/wrap/etc. available still. I checked on some toys I looked at the other day when I was there, but they were holding steady at 50% off. Maybe next time I go, they'll be there still and at 75% off.

I just got back from my Target in Kannapolis, North Carolina and we are still at 50%. I talked to one of the managers and she told me that they go by the sales of each store to determine when they do the markdowns now. She said that our Target could go 75% tomorrow and one 10 miles down the road may not go 75% for 3 more days. So I guess I will be there at 8 am again tomorrow.

For those who have been waiting for Target's 75% off, I wanted to say that the outdoor decorations that I wanted I ended up buying at Walgreen for 75% this morning - some of the items were even cheaper. The inflatable globe was org. $99 at Walgreen but 75% off to $25. The same globe is orig priced $130 75% clearanced $33. So I did better buying from Walgreen then I did at Target (at least for the outdoor deco). I did great on other things so.

Just an fyi to those who haven't checked out Walgreen's yet. ;)