Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Found 3 MM juice packs today - ya hoo!! This was my first time ever finding those dang things.

I noticed that there were quite a few play tents at 50% off at this store including the backyard shark, a dora shade tent, and a few others. The cranium super fort is also 50% off.

Pools are 30% off - I am going to wait until at least 50% on these.

Just got back from Target, and they marked a number of items in the kids crafts section. Some fun kits as well as a large Color Wonder set. Speaking of Color Wonder, I don't know if others have noticed, but there is a Color Wonder set in a zipper bag for $9.99 in the school supplies. I suspect that it will clearance with the school supplies, so you might be able to get a good deal on it.

I went to Target yesterday and they had lots of childrens summer clothes and shoes on clearance. I got my DD 2 Hello kitty shirts, a pair of Hello Kitty tennis shoes and barbie flip flops for $13.00. I didn't have time to look at much else, but did notice alot of shoes for adults are on clearance.

I frequent the Waterford Lakes ST and they are not so good on clearance. I don't have much luck there. I try to get to Goldenrod and University which seems to be better on clearance.

Good to see fellow Orlando people.

Yeah, I'm actually closer to the Waterford ST but their clearance is bad. I hardly ever see things going to 75%, I guess they're so busy they don't need to go that low. I also frequent Goldenrod store, I bet we've perimeter perused right past each other! They had 2 pk mosquito repellant at 75% off ($1.24) on an end cap near lawn and garden. That's about it for clearance lately. I guess that next great mad clearance rush will be back to school stuff and Halloween.

Just got back from Target, and they marked a number of items in the kids crafts section. Some fun kits as well as a large Color Wonder set. Speaking of Color Wonder, I don't know if others have noticed, but there is a Color Wonder set in a zipper bag for $9.99 in the school supplies. I suspect that it will clearance with the school supplies, so you might be able to get a good deal on it.

The put the school supplies on clearance??? I am pretty new to paying close attention to Target clearance. Thanks!

The put the school supplies on clearance??? I am pretty new to paying close attention to Target clearance. Thanks!

Yes. A lot of the school supplies go on clearance since they don't regularly stock those items. Can't remember if they do a 15% and then 30%; but they definitely go to 50% and then 75% off. I've even found a few items at 85% off.

Oh yes! I am STILL using tape an pens from last year's school supply clearance! It won't be long now till they start. They need to move it all so they can put Halloween costumes, etc. in that spot.

They started at 30% last year. I bought at 75% and still got a lot. I bought those huge marker sets last year and donated them at Christmas to one of the toy drives. I remember ALWAYS wanting markers and paper when I was a kid, and never getting many.

Okay my bargain hunting friends, if you bought Polly Pocket toys on clearance either recently or in the Christmas clearance (or if you paid regular price, for that matter), be sure to check the Mattel website. They just added a TON to the recall list. We have a LOT of the stuff on the list. Not fun.

I finally can post something, lol. I was at my target today. Its a brand new one that opened a couple weeks ago. they had girls hot pink cowgirl boots with roses on them marked down to $7.XX. when I took them to a scanner, they rang up $3 and change! something like $3.74-ish. Thought that was cool and grabbed up a pair for my niece for xmas. they were in a cart in the shoe aisle, all sorts of sizes.

With each recall I am slowly more and more depressed... I haven't checked the websites for exactly what is recalled, but I bought a lot of polly pockets/barbies. So sad that at such a great deal, they have to go back. So, does lead paint poisoning happen even if toys aren't put into the mouth? I know it's unrelated to this thread, but I'm hoping that some other toy savvy moms know. The most difficult part for me is knowing what the heck accessory pieces go with some of these sets. Our toy box is a big mish mash of stuff. If I have to go through and find a tiny polly pocket piece from a set that has been recalled, I think I will loose my mind.:eek:

I am anxious to see what Target's back to school clearance has. I don't know about anyone else's city, but I have seen more WILD deals on glue/folders/rulers/paper, etc. in some unlikely spots like OfficeMax, InkStop, Office Depot, etc... Elmers school glue for 4 cents, rulers and pocket folders for 4 cents, filler paper for a nickel. I mean that seems like a crazy sale for BEFORE school even starts. Even though they have a 3 or 5 item limit, it makes me wonder if Target might have lots of stuff left for their clearance, as other stores are obviously throwing out some wild deals.

With each recall I am slowly more and more depressed... I haven't checked the websites for exactly what is recalled, but I bought a lot of polly pockets/barbies. So sad that at such a great deal, they have to go back. So, does lead paint poisoning happen even if toys aren't put into the mouth? I know it's unrelated to this thread, but I'm hoping that some other toy savvy moms know. The most difficult part for me is knowing what the heck accessory pieces go with some of these sets. Our toy box is a big mish mash of stuff. If I have to go through and find a tiny polly pocket piece from a set that has been recalled, I think I will loose my mind.:eek:

Oh, trust me and don't be so sad. If you are able to return almost all the pieces, you will get vouchers for close to the original retail value for each set. I ended up doing better last time because I had several sets set back on the gift shelf and returned them last time. I got full retail value vouchers, which was 4 times what I paid for them. They had an expiration date on them that was about 3 months out, and I was able to use them on other clearance items that I wanted then, so I ended up stretching the value of my dollars in the long run!!:yup:

I am anxious to see what Target's back to school clearance has. I don't know about anyone else's city, but I have seen more WILD deals on glue/folders/rulers/paper, etc. in some unlikely spots like OfficeMax, InkStop, Office Depot, etc... Elmers school glue for 4 cents, rulers and pocket folders for 4 cents, filler paper for a nickel. I mean that seems like a crazy sale for BEFORE school even starts. Even though they have a 3 or 5 item limit, it makes me wonder if Target might have lots of stuff left for their clearance, as other stores are obviously throwing out some wild deals.

Last year I got 48 marker sets for something like $.40 and Post It Note cubes (I have a dispenser near the phone) for $.70. I also got a bunch of stickers for DS' teacher to use in class and several spare pairs of scissors to have around the house and garage for like $.75 each. I still have a bag with extra colored pencils and all that stuff at give away prices. Basically look at all the stuff that hasn't been a part of those crazy specials. I don't even need that stuff because DS' school actually provides all the paper, pens, pencils, scissors, glue and stuff that they use. I haven't figured out who pays for it, but I think they got some kind of amazing grant from some corporation. It is nice, though, not to have to go buy it all!

Ladies i am in FL and i have been to so many targets looking for sandals on clearance none .If anyone comes across girls size 7 or 8 sandals i will pay you for them plus shipping and extra .Pm me if you can help i really need them

I bought some polly pockets from Target a week ago....and mailed them to my Goddaughter. I have boys so I have no clue which ones I bought....I have my receipt and all it says is "polly pocket" but I do have the UPCs....can I check with just the upc? I went to Target.com and didn't see the ones I got, they only had the more expensive ones...AND they don't mention recalled items. I tried the Mattel site and like I said I don't know which ones I had bought.

Oh, trust me and don't be so sad. If you are able to return almost all the pieces, you will get vouchers for close to the original retail value for each set. I ended up doing better last time because I had several sets set back on the gift shelf and returned them last time. I got full retail value vouchers, which was 4 times what I paid for them. They had an expiration date on them that was about 3 months out, and I was able to use them on other clearance items that I wanted then, so I ended up stretching the value of my dollars in the long run!!:yup:

So, if I take the recalled sets to Target can I get my money back (or a voucher or whatever) even if I don't have a receipt? How does it work? I figured I would only be able to take recalled stuff back if I had a receipt. Can you tell me how you did it?

So, if I take the recalled sets to Target can I get my money back (or a voucher or whatever) even if I don't have a receipt? How does it work? I figured I would only be able to take recalled stuff back if I had a receipt. Can you tell me how you did it?

You dont take it back to target,you go to the recall website and fill out the request and they send you a prepaid mailing slip. You send the item back to them and they send you a voucher for the full price of the item in 6-8 weeks. You dont need a receipt. They reimburse you the full retail price.

I was wondering the same thing -- we have only one polly pockets, and the flying one -- just started enjoying them...(that's sarcasm, btw) -- my 4yo really digs them...yippee...:gdparanoid:

You can take them back to target and get your money back. I had to return the Iams wet cat food I had. As soon as they scan the item it tells then if it has been recalled or not and it will not go back on the shelf if you are worried about that.

If you paid for your items with a credit card/debit card they can do a "look up" on the item. All you have to do is hand them the item and the credit card and they know if the item was charged on that card. I ALWAYS pay for my stuff with a credit card (cash back) so I can narrow it down to a few cards. They will stand there and swipe the card and the item and see if they match...I had them check 4 cards one day until I found which one I had used (fathers day gift DVD and he wanted a Wii game).

I just don't want to have to go to the store just to see if my item was recalled.

If I had an item that was recalled and had gotten my items on sale I might consider doing what was mentioned above, but if it was full price I paid, I wouldn't want to wait 6-8 weeks (If not longer since this is such a HUGE recall) to get my money back.

The recall on Polly Pockets is not due to lead poisoning this time. The Polly Pockets that are recalled are the ones that contain magnets. Apparently if a child swallows a magnet it can cause internal damage. My daughter is gonna have a fit when her Pollys disappear. Six to 8 weeks is a long time to have to wait to replace her toys.

The recall on Polly Pockets is not due to lead poisoning this time. The Polly Pockets that are recalled are the ones that contain magnets. Apparently if a child swallows a magnet it can cause internal damage. My daughter is gonna have a fit when her Pollys disappear. Six to 8 weeks is a long time to have to wait to replace her toys.

That's right. If 2 magnets are swallowed (or probably something metallic), they can come together inside and cause a perforation. Very ugly business. This is the same reason for the Batman (soft action figures) and Magnetix recalls. If you have small children, many of the Littlest Pet Shop toys also contain magnets.

It isn't ALL Polly Pockets, though, so be sure to check and see which ones contain magnets. Some don't at all.

I'm not really worried about stuff that is still in the package. I'm talking about a Dora/Polly/Barbie playset with 20 pieces to it (or whatever) and the pieces are spread all throughout the house. If I can only find 10 or 15 of the pieces, am I out of luck? There is no box. There is nothing to scan... just the pieces to the stuff that is recalled. Is Target giving vouchers or must it all be sent back to the manufacturer? I REALLY appreciate hearing from people who have gone through the process.

After the first recall, I didn't really worry... we only had a few Dora pieces, but now with all this other stuff that was added by Mattel today, I'm afraid I have a whole toybox full of unsafe stuff and I probably ought to go look!

I'm not really worried about stuff that is still in the package. I'm talking about a Dora/Polly/Barbie playset with 20 pieces to it (or whatever) and the pieces are spread all throughout the house. If I can only find 10 or 15 of the pieces, am I out of luck? There is no box. There is nothing to scan... just the pieces to the stuff that is recalled. Is Target giving vouchers or must it all be sent back to the manufacturer? I REALLY appreciate hearing from people who have gone through the process.

After the first recall, I didn't really worry... we only had a few Dora pieces, but now with all this other stuff that was added by Mattel today, I'm afraid I have a whole toybox full of unsafe stuff and I probably ought to go look!

All goes to the manufacturer. No, my understanding is that they just may not give you full value. But you can call to ask. Check their website.

Yeah all my girls pollys are out of boxes, etc and well Im assuming you cant just take in a handle bag and say these have been recalled and actually expect them to do something with it. I can see the ones in boxes, but for the ones without boxes I cant see a store taking that back.(Anyone try yet??? Any luck??) I also have christmas gifts that I bought for this year (Polly Sets) at the end of last year from target clearance that are in boxes but I know I didnt pay for them with a credit card so im assuming those would have to go back to the manufacturer as well and then I can wait another 8-12 weeks or longer to get a voucher. Heck I have to go rebuy christmas presents now and some how I can't see them getting vouchers out before christmas, they wouldnt want to wreck their christmas sales with that.

yes there is. I dont know if its a hack job or not but it does work most of the time. I sent it to you in PM since it wont let me post a competitors website. Let me know if you didnt get it and I email it to you.

I would like this information also. Please PM me with the link. Thanks!

I've had several great trips to one Target over the past week. I went to pick up a few things and found a ton of open box/package underwear on clearance, you can't go wrong at $0.31 a pair, bought several pairs for my sons, husband and daughter. Plus a few Cherokee shirts for my husband for $2.48 (down from $12.99).

Then my favorite, I had several BOGO coupons for Head & Shoulder 16.9 oz or less, I bought 4, got the $5 gift card from the ad and gave them my coupons. Went back in, used the $5 gift card and 2 more coupons, end result $4.54 for 4 bottles of Head & shoulder plus another $5 gift card :)

Found 3 MM juice packs today - ya hoo!! This was my first time ever finding those dang things.

I noticed that there were quite a few play tents at 50% off at this store including the backyard shark, a dora shade tent, and a few others. The cranium super fort is also 50% off.

Pools are 30% off - I am going to wait until at least 50% on these.

After reading this post, I dashed right out to Target. I picked up 3 of the Cranium super forts for $20.xx. We just bought my 4yo son one for his birthday and paid $35.xx at WM. I wanted to get another one so he could build larger forts and couldn't pass this deal up. I picked up 2 more for upcoming birthday gifts and left 2 on the shelf as I couldn't think of anyone else to buy one for. Thanks for the heads up!

There were only 2 endcaps left with clearanced toys ... a couple of the vsmile games for 75% off and the Thomas steamer which was still 30% off.

Was at the Target in Howell Nj - saw the several of the tents referenced above, but didn't buy. Not mentioned that I have seen are the Method air freshners - spray and plug in - 30% off - the only 'flavor' (?) for lack of a better word was cut grass love this one so I bought even at 30% checked MM juice and one lone 10 pack of apple but one of the boxes was crushed - left behind