Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I was at Target and they had a big team put together doing inventory. They were going all over the store you could see where they were supposed to go, there were pink sticky on things that they were not supposed to inventory. I over heard someone say that the relief team would be in to inventory through the night. I am not sure what all this means, just interesting.

UGHHHHH!!! I went to 2 stores this afternoon after I read that the patio stuff was marked down but no luck here in Pasadena!! Still at 50% and the markdown team was going home. BUMMER! Maybe tomorrow morning when I get there. I was REALLY hoping they would mark down the toys tomorrow morning because I have to go to a breakfast thing on Thursday morning. Maybe they'll push it back a week, but I have a VERY strong feeling that they'll go 75% tomorrow or Thursday.

Is this the week they usually go to 75%? This is my first time shopping the summer toy clearance and I really want to stock up!

I was at Target and they had a big team put together doing inventory. They were going all over the store you could see where they were supposed to go, there were pink sticky on things that they were not supposed to inventory. I over heard someone say that the relief team would be in to inventory through the night. I am not sure what all this means, just interesting.

Retail stores do inventory at least once a year to evaluate how much they've lost to shoplifting and other things. The inventory is usually done by an outside company and those pink sticky things are for them to keep track of what areas they've already completed inventory in. :)

For Indiana Residents

For instance Westfield/Carmel Target will be the first to markdown along with Castleton. Fishers is usually slower at marking down, I have never had Luck in Avon or Greenwood. Once in a great while Anderson has some deals, My best luck has been Castleton because it is lower volume and it is sandwiched between 116th Street Super Target and 86th street target and people always forget about the Castleton one. Those are some of my secrets in IN targeting.

I'm in Indy too! Any luck yet finding any patio clearanced to 75% off?? I went to the castleton one and got an awesome hammock with stand about a week ago! They do have some good stuff now and then! And never too crowded there either! Avon is hit or miss for me.....

I found the FP FP3 players at the Target in West Appleton, WI for 75% off. They were marked 50% off. They have been there for a very long time and I've been waiting for them to go down. On a whim I thought I would just scan them and sure enough, they scanned at $14.xx, orig $59.99.:yup: My store had mostly pink left, I got a blue one for my DS. I think there were about 5 left. No other good toy deals, everything else is still 30% off. My patio stuff was still at 50% off and not much left. There were still some patio items at full price though such as adirondak chairs and a few sling chairs and other misc. including gas grills. Also, My store has the 10 pack boxes of Crystal light lemonade - the kind you put in a 16.9oz bottle of water marked down from 2.99 to 1.99 and there is a 50 cent coupon on the generator and that makes them 1.49. They were on a wire rack hanging at the end of the aisle. There is a 14ct box in this weeks ad on sale for $3.50! Also found a Franklin brand football that is a softer kind that says "learning to throw" football for $1.67. One last deal, the Pantene shampoo and conditioner is on sale for $3.59 for the 13.5oz bottle. I used the B1G1 free coupon from the P&G brand saver and a $1 off two Pantene coupon from the generator and got two bottles of Pantene for $2.59. A good day at Target. :D

has anyone noticed on the 'patio' markdowns, if the landscaping solar lights are

included in the markdowns?

Needing them badly!

TIA!

They weren't at mine. Before the patio stuff even started being marked down, there were a couple of solar lights styles that went to clearance but they went quick and I haven't seen them at any Targets since. The rest of the solar lights have been regular price at all of the Targets I've been too.

Stopped by the Houston Galleria store this morning. Patio is 75%. They had a lot of cushions, little else.

did you happen to check the toys? I think we are a day behind since the patio wasn't marked yesterday. I am hoping it is marked when I arrive there this morning. I'll be there at 8 when the open. :yup:

did you happen to check the toys? I think we are a day behind since the patio wasn't marked yesterday. I am hoping it is marked when I arrive there this morning. I'll be there at 8 when the open. :yup:

There were no further deductions on the toys this morning.

Has anyone been this morning or checked up on the toy clearance?? I'm waiting for it to go 75%.

I just got back from Target and there wasn't anyone working in the toys, but there were 4 people marking all of the summer shoes & sandals down. Most were getting marked down to 75% off. I'm really hopeing that tommorrow will be the toy mark down, but I may go back this afternoon to see if by chance they do it today.

Markdown lady I know said she wasn't sure toys would go down this week. Not firm on that, just unsure. She said they weren't doing them today at her store. Just have to wait and see. I am guessing that those of you who had your patio stuff done yesterday will know before the rest of us.

I got lucky yesterday -- standing int he patio section of target when the red shirts started appearing out of nowhere...they were beginning the markdown to 75% off...woohoo! I got the patio rug I was waiting on for $22 instead of 79.99. I followed her around and then finally brought the rug over and asked her to scan/price it for me (had to get going)

I also got some great toys for dd birthday -- doodle bear for $7.48; my kids have been bugging me for one of those forever but I refused to pay $20 for it. Lots of polly pocket stuff for $6 and $7 or so. Kids outdoor went to 75% too -- those cute wellies, kittycat umbrellas for $2.48, etc. I'm done with birthday shopping for $27!! Now I can splurge on the kiddie digital camera b/c I saved a ton on the "little gifts"

Well I bought the Hammock just to find out right now that it says in the box "stand sold separetly" what/?? this is a $130 hammock and doesn't include the stand??awfuull I'll be taking it back this afternoon after my husband come back from work. Hoping to get one of the bistro sets they had 2 left in boxes and the floor model. Do they sell the floor model? just in case I wanted to know.

I got lucky and found an outside clock in the wrong place and it was marked 75% off. As mentioned above, the patio furniture was now 75% off but there wasn't much left. I ended up getting some cushions for $ 7.48.

The toys were at 30% and the beach towels 50%.

Ok! Had to make a target run and the one on 38th street in Indy has 75% off patio now and it was wiped out! A few small things left in one aisle but all the big stuff-GONE! UGH! It was packed yesterday so I'm sure one or two people probably took it all! Oh well! Didn't really need anything anyway!

Well I bought the Hammock just to find out right now that it says in the box "stand sold separetly" what/?? this is a $130 hammock and doesn't include the stand??awfuull I'll be taking it back this afternoon after my husband come back from work. Hoping to get one of the bistro sets they had 2 left in boxes and the floor model. Do they sell the floor model? just in case I wanted to know.

Yes they sell the floor models on the patio furniture. I bought a couple of tall outdoor chairs that were out of the box @ about 85% off. I just bought the bistro set they had in the box @ 75%. I also got a fire pit out of the box as well for $48 (was $250). :flame:

Hee hee. I was there today to (on 38th). We probably passed one another. :)

This morning there was still not too bad of a selection. I went to the new Super Target off Michigan and they were wiped out. Still waiting on toys.....

just got back and our patio stuff is still at 50% and most of it is gone

one store I was in still said 50%, but they had just marked it 75%. They marked it later in the morning, so you might want to check back if there was anything at all you wanted.

Pasadena & Duarte stores had a TON of the bistro sets. Pasadena (old Robinson's store) has a lot left all the way around. It is in the outside garden center.