Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

On that same page that had the Choxie coupon, there was one for Archer Farms Organic Salsa. I know some of them expired but am not sure if that was one of them. Anyway, the coupon was for $1 off. It was regularly $2.49 and was clearanced for $1.74 at my store, so I only paid .74 cents per jar.

I'm totally addicted to this too ... though I was addicted to Target before this, so it's not much different.

I think it really depends on the store what day it gets marked down. One of the stores in my area went to 50% off GB on Friday, then a couple more on Saturday, and the rest on Sunday. I've started to get a bit of a feel for what stores do markdowns first in my area. Don't forget, you can also call the store in the morning and just ask what % off GB is if you want. :)

Which store went 50% off on Friday? :runaway: I did not know about 50% off untill Saturday.

Just got back from Target and they finally had the candy bars so I got 4 of them. They refused to take my Archer Chip coupons (I was getting 2 bags) because they said that people were coming in and buying 50 at a time so they would only apply the coupon to the larger bags.

Just got back from Target and they finally had the candy bars so I got 4 of them. They refused to take my Archer Chip coupons (I was getting 2 bags) because they said that people were coming in and buying 50 at a time so they would only apply the coupon to the larger bags.

something tells me that they'll be making their coupons more limited in the future. or have their been such liberal coupons in the past? I am still new to that part.

By the way, I called the phone number yesterday to tell them about a "we aren't really supposed to take these" comment (second one from that store), and the lady on the phone told me that you can print them in the store at the kiosk where they have the registry! Of course it would only work for the ones currently on their site, but nonetheless if you forget it, you might as well try!

:gdcry: Very little to find tonight, almost all Valentine's was gone. I did find 3 more boxes of MM apple juice for 0.69, I am starting to get quite a collection of juice boxes, but for that price I can't help but to buy them every time I see them.They will come in handy when I have to bring the snacks for my DS baseball team.

something tells me that they'll be making their coupons more limited in the future. or have their been such liberal coupons in the past? I am still new to that part.

By the way, I called the phone number yesterday to tell them about a "we aren't really supposed to take these" comment (second one from that store), and the lady on the phone told me that you can print them in the store at the kiosk where they have the registry! Of course it would only work for the ones currently on their site, but nonetheless if you forget it, you might as well try!

What is a kiosk?

Ken, Don't feel bad about the Cascade! You've been looking at the wrong ones. I got them for $1.25 after XMAS. They had a green top, but the soap was white with blue jell not red. At that time they rang price not found so I got one store to sell me them for 90% off same as my other holiday things I was buying. The pkg. was not marked as holiday. Maybe there is still hope! I haven't been looking lately.

YEAH, someone finally bought the 2 Christmas Cascade buckets today, now I don't have to scan them all the time. Oh, and slim pickens today.

LOL! They recently reset the aisles at my Target and put the dishwashing stuff and those dadgum snowman cascade tubs right by a scanner... I felt like hugging a Target clerk, because they must've felt our pain of lugging those tubs 4 aisles over to the scanner and lugging them back..... :rolleyes:

I got some cute sets of tic-tac toe crafts that kids can make in the Valentine section I thought this would be a good party idea for DD's up coming birthday.(Four to a box and I got 4 boxes) I also got a pair of valentine tights and two books for DD. They still have my clock from GB so I am hoping to get it at 75% off.

I went to two different Target stores today. I got

6 choxie bars (3 at each store) = free

8 heart boxes of V-day Choxie truffles $1.50 each minus $2.00 coupon each = (-$4.00)

DH 2 belts that were $19.98 each marked down to $4.96 = 9.92

Illustory book 50% off = $9.97

Total spent = $16.85

Good day at Target! Chocolate and savings..:D

Went to my other target tonight for The first time in awhile (usually just hit the one). Total slim pickings (guess why I stay at the other one lol).

Picked up some Valentine clearance..not much...

12 choxie bars = free with the coupons (no problems at all. They had the mint ones so got all of them)

6 bags of archer farms chips = free with coupons.

The $3 bars at my other Target were only $2 when it rang up. Im going back tomorrow for the rest of the bigger bars. Printed out another 20 coupons. Im giving them away at my daughters birthday party and my husband has put in an order for his lunches. lol

Hey has anyone heard what they do with the furniture on the shelfs after they have no more of that specif furniture?:marge:

Funny you should ask. I read recently, on that other site, that they are not allowed to sell it due to liability issues. However, I thought someone on this thread had said they had purchased one at a store. I suspect that the policy is supposed to be not to sell it, but maybe some stores do anyway.

I also learned that the policy regarding display appliances varies from store to store. They generally offer 20% off the original price, but some actually donate them to places like shelters for battered women.

I live in Bellefontaine, but the Targets I usually hit are over in the Columbus area. I try to get over there once a week, so I'd be happy to keep an eye out for things for you! :D

So far,there is nothing in particular that I am looking for, just perusing for a good bargain. But I usually go 3 times a week, atleast, so if there is anything you are looking for, pm me and I will check for you! :D

Funny you should ask. I read recently, on that other site, that they are not allowed to sell it due to liability issues. However, I thought someone on this thread had said they had purchased one at a store. I suspect that the policy is supposed to be not to sell it, but maybe some stores do anyway.

I also learned that the policy regarding display appliances varies from store to store. They generally offer 20% off the original price, but some actually donate them to places like shelters for battered women.

I'm here in NJ and our Target does sell the display furniture. They put a clearance sticker on it and everything. My BF and I had even inquired about a dresser they had and we were told that was the last one and if we wanted it they would get it down from the display for us. I always find it funny how policy for the same company varies from state to state and in some cases town to town.

The Target near me will not sell display furniture. They had a kitchen utility cart with a red clearance sticker on it. I asked to get one and they checked and did not have anymore in the store. I told them that I would gladly take the one of the shelf. I was told that due to liability issues that they would not sell it. They also told me that the displays were not put together as they should be and often were missing screws or parts. I guess it just depends on where you are.

This store you will need to check often as they will be closing within the next year or two...as they too are moving over to Rt 256 (the next major road east of there) where everything else left too...

I know, the move just really irritates me. I avoid 256 like the plague - it's near impossible to get anything done in a reasonable amount of time over there because there are so many people and so much traffic. I wouldn't think that the Brice Rd store is losing business, they always seem busy to me, so my solution would be to just build another one if they want a Target store on 256 - that way I could still have my store with less traffic and headaches ;)

Which store went 50% off on Friday? :runaway: I did not know about 50% off untill Saturday.

The Irondequoit NY store was 50% off Friday night. It was nice to get first pick of the 50% off stuff. There is like nothing left now :no: All the stores around here are really cleaned out of GB stuff, the 75% is going to be slim pickings.

I tried the coupons for the first time yesterday. The woman at the register told me that if they didn't read on the regular scanner she could not take them, she said they weren't allowed to even try to scan them with the scan gun. Kind of sounded like a bunch of crap to me, but I wasn't in an arguing mood.

The Irondequoit NY store was 50% off Friday night. It was nice to get first pick of the 50% off stuff. There is like nothing left now :no: All the stores around here are really cleaned out of GB stuff, the 75% is going to be slim pickings.

I tried the coupons for the first time yesterday. The woman at the register told me that if they didn't read on the regular scanner she could not take them, she said they weren't allowed to even try to scan them with the scan gun. Kind of sounded like a bunch of crap to me, but I wasn't in an arguing mood.

Bull.. when I go, they always pick up the hand scanner. I noticed the other night that they never even try to use the other scanner. What's weird is that all of mine worked, and my printer is running out of ink. The last 2 on the page were practically invisible and the hand scanner still took them.

Our Target employees are so nice! I guess I've been lucky. When we waited in line for TMX Elmo, they had 3, limit 2, and I was #4. So, everyone else left ticked, and the toy manager came over to ask if we needed help. He saw the elmos were gone, and started laughing. He walked behind the electronics counter and pulled out 7. He let me have them. I needed 4, and there was a woman behind me in line with 3 kids that were very disappointed they didn't get them. So, I had DH chase her down while I bought the Elmo's.

Last week, I bought a package of socks for DD that had been taped up. The cashier told me that she had just taped them that morning. She said, "if you ever want something like that to go on clearance, damage the package." I don't know that I would ever go that far, but it's something to remember!

Bull.. when I go, they always pick up the hand scanner. I noticed the other night that they never even try to use the other scanner. What's weird is that all of mine worked, and my printer is running out of ink. The last 2 on the page were practically invisible and the hand scanner still took them.

I really thought about calling customer service or something. She even had the nerve to say that she wondered if someone had just "made those up on their computer" while giving me a funny look. :gdparanoid: The strangest thing to me was that I used the chips coupon and it worked, but the ones for the choxie bars wouldn't work.

I get really mixed results around here as far as customer service is concerned ... and store policy. When the furniture was going on clearance earlier this month I asked about buying a display sample of a dresser and was told that they do not sell them. I totally understood ... until 10 minutes later a different associate was trying to sell me a display sample of a dining table, he even said he would negotiate the price to get rid of it. Target has to be one of the strangest places I've ever shopped. But I still love it. :o

Last night the cashier called the manager over to ask about my choxie bar coupons. The manager told her as long as I did what the coupon said (one coupon per bar) then it was fine. She saw how much I had and just told me it must be my lucky day to get all of them. lol Needless to say Im going back to that one today. No problems with taking any of the coupons.

I haven't had any trouble with any Target taking the coupons. One young cashier asked me where I got the free coupons but it was because she wanted to try Choxie. I told her they were on the Internet and then gave her two of mine that I had left. She was so excited to get free Choxie bars and she thanked me about 6 times.

Hey has anyone heard what they do with the furniture on the shelfs after they have no more of that specif furniture?:marge:

I don't know about the furniture but some of the stuff here from Target ends up at the local Goodwill store. They have it priced for a lot more than you could have gotten from Target on clearance!

I really thought about calling customer service or something. She even had the nerve to say that she wondered if someone had just "made those up on their computer" while giving me a funny look. :gdparanoid: The strangest thing to me was that I used the chips coupon and it worked, but the ones for the choxie bars wouldn't work.

I get really mixed results around here as far as customer service is concerned ... and store policy. When the furniture was going on clearance earlier this month I asked about buying a display sample of a dresser and was told that they do not sell them. I totally understood ... until 10 minutes later a different associate was trying to sell me a display sample of a dining table, he even said he would negotiate the price to get rid of it. Target has to be one of the strangest places I've ever shopped. But I still love it. :o

I have no problem using the chips coupons but the choxie bars only scan with the gun. I try to go the same cashiers when using the free coupon.It just makes life easier. If a cashier questions the uses of my coupon I ask them to call a manager and I always get the same answer. "If the coupon scans with the gun or on the table they can take the.":D

Yesterday them manager of Penfield told me that they have to be extra careful because there was a scam with web coupons to get larger items like $10 and $20 gift cards with purchase of some item.:gdparanoid: She said the corp made it easy for them and said only take coupons that scan.