Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Does everybody think that GB will get marked down on Thursday since it was in the sale paper for this week or do you think they will wait and mark it down on Sunday? I am trying to watch it since I want a couple of things.

Thanks to everybody for sharing their deals and finds. I am addicted to this site!

Does everybody think that GB will get marked down on Thursday since it was in the sale paper for this week or do you think they will wait and mark it down on Sunday? I am trying to watch it since I want a couple of things.

Thanks to everybody for sharing their deals and finds. I am addicted to this site!

I'm totally addicted to this too ... though I was addicted to Target before this, so it's not much different.

I think it really depends on the store what day it gets marked down. One of the stores in my area went to 50% off GB on Friday, then a couple more on Saturday, and the rest on Sunday. I've started to get a bit of a feel for what stores do markdowns first in my area. Don't forget, you can also call the store in the morning and just ask what % off GB is if you want. :)

Got my choxie Bars yesterday(they said no-no to using them on truffles or on any valentines one though) and several Capris for DD @ 75% off As to why capris are Valentines No clue but stocked up for when the piles of snow finally go AWAY!

I like the expresso ones and the Mint cookie. The Peanut Butter Pretzel is a bit on the "omg sugar shock" side of rich for me

I'm totally addicted to this too ... though I was addicted to Target before this, so it's not much different.

I think it really depends on the store what day it gets marked down. One of the stores in my area went to 50% off GB on Friday, then a couple more on Saturday, and the rest on Sunday. I've started to get a bit of a feel for what stores do markdowns first in my area. Don't forget, you can also call the store in the morning and just ask what % off GB is if you want. :)

Have you ever had an experience where the store associate that answered the phone gave you the wrong info? Like they didn't know it was marked down more when it was? Thanks in advance!

Have you ever had an experience where the store associate that answered the phone gave you the wrong info? Like they didn't know it was marked down more when it was? Thanks in advance!

Yes. Especially with the Company section (which includes GB, Dollar Spot, and one other area that usually includes decorating & furniture items in a separate section) and Seasonal. They don't always even know. The price change comes electronically from corporate. At Christmas it happened while I was in the store and even the employees in the department didn't know about it.

Tons of the birthday items were 50% off today. Skipped 30%. I got my daughters entire birthday done under $12. Bratz theme. Bratz: Banner, invitations, 4 packs cups, 4 pack dinner plates, 4 packs cake plates, 2 table covers, and 3 packs napkins. I only left 1 pack of the cake plates and 3 table covers. lol

Also got 4 bags of the .99 chips (free with coupons)

6 candy bars (free with coupons) (only 3 kinds available: espresso, peanut butter pretzel, and chocolate truffle)

used my buy 1 get one 20oz coupon on pepsi products and I accidently gave her 2 of my 40 cent off each coupons. So I got 2 20ozs for only .39

I also scored on Valentines stuff. Bought my daughters gift bags for next year (Hello Kitty) and Valentines cards.

I also bought 2 pair of the Valentines satin boxers for 1.50 each

2 pair of red capris 1.50 each

2 packs (20 in each) pink gift bags- for my daughters birthdayday- .24 cents each

I know I found other stuff, but I forget now. lol. Heading back to get more candy bars tomorrow as Im going to get enough to put in my daughters grab bags at her birthday party. This was the first time using the print off coupons so didn't want to get too many just in case I had trouble....Girl scanned and bagged.

Which Target were you at that had all the auto cleaning stuff 50%? That's the kind of stuff I like to put in my nephews stocking :) I'm heading over towards Columbus tomorrow.

The massillon Ohio has all the auto cleaning items for 50% also. I picked up several items last week.

The only time I've ever gotten the wrong info on the phone I had called about a full price book case that I really wanted. The person that 'looked' for me told me that they didn't have any in stock, and none of the other stores did either. I happened to stop in to one of the other stores later to get some other things and they had the book case in stock. :rolleyes:

I have always gotten correct pricing info though.

Yes. Especially with the Company section (which includes GB, Dollar Spot, and one other area that usually includes decorating & furniture items in a separate section) and Seasonal. They don't always even know. The price change comes electronically from corporate. At Christmas it happened while I was in the store and even the employees in the department didn't know about it.

Good point ... I'm always finding things in the store that are priced lower than the sticker says. Last week I got a whole set of matching rugs that were different sizes for my eat in kitchen, and they were all only marked at 30%, but came up 50%.

I found this Oster chrome waffle maker for $4.xx, originally $19.99. DPCI 072-04-1488.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1171668023/ref=sr_1_1/601-4311953-9015330?ie=UTF8&asin=B00006FMT8

I went into the massillon, ohio Target store and they had 2 of these waffle makers. Both rang up at the 19.99 price. Wonder whats going on. would love to have one for the kids. Fun thing to do on a sunday

I got 1 roll of christmas tape, 21 boxes of bubble gum, 32 choxie bars, 17 bags of chips, shirt for my pup, 2 valentine candies and paid $4.91. The thing is I accidently gave the cashier 2 extra coupons and I asked for them back and she was like nah. I was going to take them back and get more candy.

quick question. lol. Did you feel weird redeeming that many choxie bar coupons? I ask as I only did 6 today. I need a total of 25 for my daughters party. They had them there, but wasn't sure if I could use that many at one time.

What bubble gum did you get?

Which Target were you at that had all the auto cleaning stuff 50%? That's the kind of stuff I like to put in my nephews stocking :) I'm heading over towards Columbus tomorrow.

It's the SE Columbus Target. The one off of Brice Rd near I-70. I would imagine other ones would have the same. It wasn't a ton of stuff, but I picked up about 4 things. Mainly cleaning cloths, wax, detail brushes, washing brushes, towels (some for drying and some for other things :confused: - didn't really understand the multiple towels, lol), some tire cleaner, and some cleaning sprays. It's in the back left corner of that store.

quick question. lol. Did you feel weird redeeming that many choxie bar coupons? I ask as I only did 6 today. I need a total of 25 for my daughters party. They had them there, but wasn't sure if I could use that many at one time.

What bubble gum did you get?

When I get the Choxie bars, they don't seem to mind how many I grab. Also, i think the above poster may be talking about the bubble gum boxes that were located in See Spot Save/One Spot and are now 75% off.

I had no problem redeeming 3 of the choxie bars on Saturday but yesterday I had 2 and she said it was one per transaction so I said ok then do two transactions. She didnt say anything after that. I cant imagine going through with more than 4 or 5 for the candy bars at a time.

Hmm...the coupons don't state that do they? They just said one coupon per item?

My son has a wrestling thing tonight at laser Quest so after I drop him off, Im going to go to another Target. I'll redeem 5 or 6 more coupons for the choxie bars if they have any. If not, I'll head back to the other one I was at. They had a full box at every other register. (only pretzel, chocolate truffle, and espresso). I would love to find the mint ones though. I get some for me on that flavor. lol

Did you feel weird redeeming that many choxie bar coupons?

I've gone and gotten 25 once and 32 another time. I figure with easter coming up they'd make great basket stuffers. Not to mention the dates are good through 2008, so if I can figure out how to store them I'm planning on using some for stocking stuffers!! (yeah, I'm cheap! LOL) I did feel funny doing that, but I never had any issues with the cashiers. I hit different Targets each time and I'm not there everyday so I don't have to face them all the time, so I guess I just really don't care!

I got 6 Choxie bars ($3.00 each) and used my coupons which wouldn't scan. So she tpyed in some stuff and took off the $3.oo for each one, even though the coupon clearly said $2.00. I also got 4 girls Valentines capris for $1.50 each. Then when I got home I found a bottle of curl defining hair gel in my bag-it wasn't anything we picked up/or paid for, but I will use it. ooooops! It was a good shopping trip for us!

I have to say that this weekend I accidentally left some stuff in a bag at the register at a store. I called the store but sure enough the stuff was gone. They told me they would credit me the money but made me feel like a liar. I wanted the stuff because it was a birthday present. Yesterday the store called me and the person returned my merchandise. I was a very happy camper and more importantly I didn't look like a liar anymore. So just think about that person who tore their house up looking for the hair gel. I know it's not a big deal but it just happened to me so I feel for that other person.

It's the SE Columbus Target. The one off of Brice Rd near I-70. I would imagine other ones would have the same. It wasn't a ton of stuff, but I picked up about 4 things. Mainly cleaning cloths, wax, detail brushes, washing brushes, towels (some for drying and some for other things :confused: - didn't really understand the multiple towels, lol), some tire cleaner, and some cleaning sprays. It's in the back left corner of that store.

Darn! I was JUST at that store on Sunday! Of course, my hubby was with me so I don't spend as much time hunting as I do when I'm alone. Oh well, I'm sure the others will be marking theirs down too if it's not already.

I've gone and gotten 25 once and 32 another time. I figure with easter coming up they'd make great basket stuffers. Not to mention the dates are good through 2008, so if I can figure out how to store them I'm planning on using some for stocking stuffers!! (yeah, I'm cheap! LOL) I did feel funny doing that, but I never had any issues with the cashiers. I hit different Targets each time and I'm not there everyday so I don't have to face them all the time, so I guess I just really don't care!

I bought some candy bar wrappers and they fit over these choxie bars great for my daughters birthday. Im going to have 25 people there and want to give each person one w/ the wrapping on it. I have 6 so far. I printed out 20 coupons. I think I'll get at least 10 tonight and head back to my other Target tomorrow to get the rest.

I just wasn't sure if the cashier would give you heck for getting that many for free. Thats why I just got 6 today.

This store you will need to check often as they will be closing within the next year or two...as they too are moving over to Rt 256 (the next major road east of there) where everything else left too...

so if I can figure out how to store them I'm planning on using some for stocking stuffers!! (yeah, I'm cheap! LOL) I did feel funny doing that, but I never had any issues with the cashiers.

just be sure to store them somewhere cool. If they get too warm during the summer, they'll have an ugly white "bloom" on them. The taste isn't affected, but they'll look nasty.