Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Couldn't resist, so I went back to my Target (Florence, SC) tonight and picked up an XBox game for 4.98, they had a bunch of them over by electronics. Also picked up several picture frames, marked down to 2.47 or 3.74 depending on the size. Seems like these go on clearance every so often, we plan on moving soon so I've been collecting them (have a closet full) for our new house.

I will be traveling to Atlanta this weekend, wanted to hit a Target there, looking for furniture deals (like a 75% armoire) does anyone know which is the best to hit?

I live right out side the Atlanta area and there are soo many Targets and all have different prices. What side of town will you be on, I can give you an idea of where some are located? I have been to several but they all carry different items. Saturdays are busy no matter which one you go to, so plan your attack early and hit the best ones first.

I really need to stay away from target. I spend entirely too much money there. Today I got Eifel tower lamp 9.98 (wedding shower gift), 3 coleman sleeping bags 8.74, 2 pair womens PJs 4.98 and 6.24, mens fruit of the loom underwear 2.11 for four pair, mens hanes tshirts 2.24 for a three pack and a few other things not on clearance. I saw a lot of other things that would have been nice but I had to stop :)

well i found a dartboard, but i don't think it was the one that everyone has been talking about. it was 75% off - regularly 48.XX, marked down to 12.XX. i was way excited! it is giant and has all sorts of games, and an LED scoreboard... i bought it for my boyfriend and he is a happy guy!

This sounds like the one I got last night... Originally $49.99, paid $12.48. It's a "Gamma III". It has two scoreboards, and apparently it "trash talks" lol. I haven't plugged it in yet, though.

Originally Posted by Floridasunshine

Target is able to refund full amt paid without a receipt if you paid by credit card and just show them that credit card. I found this out this week when I wanted to take back a jacket but had no receipt.

Unfortunately, I usually use cash at Target, rather than my debit/credit card.

My 2 Targets are 5 miles apart and they are not on the same markdown schedule. It's killing me!

I used to go to two of them in Garner, and they were also on different schedules. If you are ever around I-40 and HWY 70, the Target at White Oak Crossing always had great clearance deals. I moved to Illinois and my city only has ONE Target. It's horrible! Everything is always picked over. :(

By the way, I used to live in Apex. It was before they put in the SuperTarget, though.

Just got back from Target. I got the multi-game table for 29.xx, Eddie Bauer outdoor blanket 6.xx, 3 bookbags 3.xx-6.xx, Zippity Zoo tent 9.xx (orig. 39.xx), 2 cd cases 1.xx, Rubbermaid gift wrap container 1.xx. They also have the Radio Flyer tricylcles for 9.xx that Im going to get a friend to pick up for me later.

I used to go to two of them in Garner, and they were also on different schedules. If you are ever around I-40 and HWY 70, the Target at White Oak Crossing always had great clearance deals. I moved to Illinois and my city only has ONE Target. It's horrible! Everything is always picked over. :(

By the way, I used to live in Apex. It was before they put in the SuperTarget, though.

Yep, I have found that the one @ 40 / 70 has better deals .. its just a little further out.

Went to a Super Target today - they had FOUR of those game tables marked down to the $29 - i'm debating grabbing one for my nephews for Christmas next year. But i did find those big 24 packet Quaker Instant oatmeal Lower Sugar packs for $3.84! I usually pay $3.08 for the regular sized (8pk) in the grocery store, so to get 24 pks for just a tad more, i bought all that they had.

They also had 10 of the Snowman Cascade gel thingys, but refused to discount them, so i left them all there. Also snagged another Little Mermaid and a Nemo Color Wonder set for $3.74 -

other things i saw but did not need - Coleman lantern ($39.99 down to $8) - big playground balls (Dora) down to $3 - small soccer balls (ages 8 and under) $2 - backpacks down to $6 - train table down to $40 - double pks of special k and other cereals for $2

Did a quick run in today for diapers but swung by the bedding department and noticed a lot of markdowns going on. Unfortunately I couldn't investigate further, my 1 yr old was screaming her head off. But I did see signs saying 30% off. Looked like A LOT of stuff was marked down! Also some kids bedding and storage items(bins).

Has anyone bought the multi-game table for $29.xx? Would you recommend it? I am really on the fence about buying this for my 8 and 12 year olds kids.

The short answer is - I'd say it's worth the $30 I paid for it. Can't even take the family to the movies for that!

Of the 15 games, Pool, Foosball, and Ping Pong are the best. Don't buy it for the "air" hockey! It's "glide hockey" and a joke.

My girls are 6 and 9 and they have been playing those 3 games non-stop since I put it together (took 2 days and some frustration with just me!). It's just the right size for the 9 year old and I can play foosball with no problem. It's sturdy enough for my girls, but I could see how the foosball table could have some issues if you got rough with the poles. My biggest complaint is it's a pain to have to take the heavy foosball part off (and find a place to put it) to play the other games.

So, although it's not a replacement for a well made single version, I'd say it's good for the tween and under crowd.

I live right out side the Atlanta area and there are soo many Targets and all have different prices. What side of town will you be on, I can give you an idea of where some are located? I have been to several but they all carry different items. Saturdays are busy no matter which one you go to, so plan your attack early and hit the best ones first.

I am staying in Smyrna and will be in the Woodstock/Canton area tomorrow, right now we are getting ready to hit the one at Cobb Parkway. Wish me luck! Really want to find an armoire if possible

I know a saw somewhere that a few of you have found the womens bikes on clearance. Can you give me a little info on them so I can try to hunt one down? Thanks!

I am not sure if I have seen any for WOMEN in thread 2, just boys and men. But there were two in Thread 1 for Schwinn if you mean those, anyone correct me if I am wrong.

If not here is the info on those I found them several months ago, before christmas:

24" schwinn DCPI #082080013 AND 26" schwinn DCPI #082090004

I am staying in Smyrna and will be in the Woodstock/Canton area tomorrow, right now we are getting ready to hit the one at Cobb Parkway. Wish me luck! Really want to find an armoire if possible

Oh Gosh, haven't been on that side of town in years, not much help for you there, but let me know what you find and the percentages off, may have to make my way in that direction. If you get a chance to venture out the one over by Perimeter is jammed packed with lots of merchandise, but not I did not see anything lower than 30-50% off and that is not that good of a deal for me. GOOD LUCK :)

I am not sure if I have seen any for WOMEN in thread 2, just boys and men. But there were two in Thread 1 for Schwinn if you mean those, anyone correct me if I am wrong.

If not here is the info on those I found them several months ago, before christmas:

24" schwinn DCPI #082080013 AND 26" schwinn DCPI #082090004

Thanks for checking on that for me. My daughter was wanting a bike for her birthday and I was hoping to not have to pay full price. :)

Just returned from my Southwest VA Target and found the following:

Children's sports print inflatabed, marked $9.98 but ring up $4.98 (75% off)

Various children's tents (shark, hippo, elephant) are $6.24 (75% off)

The 15-in-1 tables got marked to 75% off today, yay!!! $29.xx

Full size Reebok Basketball marked at 50% $9.98

Children's nice insultated water bottles with carrying handle .74 (75% off)

Big tent and tunnel play set were 75% ($10)

various womens socks are 75% off (.75-$1)

Thanks for checking on that for me. My daughter was wanting a bike for her birthday and I was hoping to not have to pay full price. :)

If target is sold out then check TOYS R US... I was there today and they had several bikes on sale for 1/2 price and more. $69.99 for 34.XX They didnt have a girl's bike displayed but they had them. The boys bike was really nice from what I could tell. Good luck!!!!

I know a saw somewhere that a few of you have found the womens bikes on clearance. Can you give me a little info on them so I can try to hunt one down? Thanks!

Today at my target, boys, girls, women's and men's bikes were all on sale. You will just have to look very carefully at the sign. It's like an Easter Egg Hunt

Two ladies bought four bikes each and they also had a cart full of sleeping bags and tents. They offered to give me a tent but not any of the bikes. The target employee told me that they did not have anymore of the bikes in the back. I wanted to get a mens' and women's mountain bike, however I was a hair too late. Well actually I couldn't find anyone to get the bikes for me. When I came back, the two ladies had a target helper with a crate/cart taking everything in sight.

They did leave three children bikes.

Good luck, and make sure you have someone with you to stand by the bike if you go for help

Got a Eddie Bauer Bocce Ball Set for 12.49 @ 75% off 49.99

I've been waiting for a year for these to go to 75% off. I first saw them and the badmitton set when I found the croquet set for 75% off. Now if the badmitton set would go to 75%...it's only @ 50% now.

did you actually price check it? They were all at 75% in all the stores I visited. None of these ever sold to speak of here. When I needed to "stash" :o an item to come back for later, I would often use that spot because they never moved. Interestingly, they have another line of the same things coming out!! Slightly different packaging, but still Eddie Bauer. I saw some in one of the reset stores.

Today was one of the few times I left my Target without any good deals(I'm still trying to get over missing the Disney Mix Max). Abouat the bikes a lot of them are unmarked so your best bet is to have a target person scan them with a price thingy. I got one yesterday for 25, not as good as 17 but I'll take it!

The one women's bike that I know of was the 26" mountain bike, it had a lot of pink on it. It was 29 down from 119. Our store had 4 on display and none of them were marked that amount but did have a 30% off sign in front of them. Now I can't remember the brand but it started with a T :yup:

I finally got the Tony Hawk boards today for 22! I was thrilled :cheesy: I spent all my money on them though so I didn't even take the time to look around for other deals. I did notice the mark down team was over by the towels.

Today was one of the few times I left my Target without any good deals(I'm still trying to get over missing the Disney Mix Max).

Yeah. I pointed out a bunch of odds and ends that needed marking down to one of the price change team yesterday (this store has an aisle with a mix of clearance toys & sporting goods ++). There was a mix max that I threw in to see what would happen to it (last one I could find that had a markdown), and she salvaged it. even sadder, she salvaged a few collectibles I wanted, hoping to sell on ebay. ahhhh...well. such is life...

I hit 2 more Targets today. Bought some very comfy light weight solid-color jammies $2.24 for the short sleeve shirts and $3.XX for the draw string pants. Great lounging clothes! I also bought a Woolrich Bookcase / Audio tower for $49.99 marked down from $199.99. Looks nicer than the Thomasville one I wanted but couldn't find on sale.

Y'all rock! Thanks for the great updates!

I managed to snag one of the elephant tents for 6.xx.

They also had:

Eddie Bauer Thermos with tan plaid print was 16.99 now 3.xx

Hand warmers 0.74

Golf shoes 7.xx

Misc. golf clubs including the girls youth set

Croquet 75% off

Foosball table 75% off

Various media storage bags (for cd's, laptops, etc) 75% off

Lots of 75% off picture frames (contemporary looking)

They had the cascade gel packs but they said they got them in after Christmas so they would not mark them down. pht!

Heaters....sign said 30% off, but many were 50%

humidifiers (2 in a box) for 20.xx

Lots of bedding and bath marked 30% off.

I went to Target to get more cereal and gatorade today. I had a lady follow me around the ENTIRE store (I was by myself and enjoyed perimeter perusing!). I found 4 of the inflatable beds at $4.98 each (2 girly ones, a sports one and a truck one). I also got a green chair.. like you would see at sporting events the ones that fold up easy.. this had a "ottoman" type thing attached and it was only $3.24. I also got 4 packs of 6 socks for 98 cents. The lady swiped all the green lounge chairs.. .I grabbed one without a bag before she got it (went back and found a bag anyway) and she took the last 2 bikes. I finally went into the boys dept to lose her.

I went to Target to get more cereal and gatorade today. I had a lady follow me around the ENTIRE store (I was by myself and enjoyed perimeter perusing!).

Don't worry we have a security guard at ours and she sees me so much and lingering so much (at endcaps) that I think she may be suspicious. She came up to me the other day and was talking to my DD. Made me wonder if she was just getting close to make sure I was not pocketing anything. lol I think it's kind of funny. I have not been followed though.