Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I got a Black & Decker iron for $4.98 down from $19.99 as well as a set of those vacuum seal bowls also $4.98 down from $19.99. They also had finally marked the artificial Christmas tree bags and some other Christmas storage stuff 75% off. I don't use artificial trees, but these bags will be great to store some large items in my garage that I wanted covered.

I'd love it if the Christmas storage stuff would go down here. Most is still only 30% a few at 50%.

No, Target will not take expired coupons, either from their own site or Manufacturer. Some stores will take more than one Target coupon at a time, others will give you a hard time. I usually don't use more than 2 at a time so I'm not abusing it.

Hope this answers your questions!

Becky

I think it is a YMMV thing on the expired coupons. Many of the Targets around here in the metro area WILL take expired coupons. You might want to ask on the coupon generator link on the coupon category. Someone said that the system at Target doesn't catch the expired coupons at all so as long as your cashier isn't examining them they are ok to use.

These are located by the other napkins and paper plates and aren't real obvious to find. Each time, the napkins have been located on a top shelf all the way to the right side on the very end. The are stacked 2 & 3 high. At one store they rang up *item not found* and the cashier said they were obviously Christmas (not all were) and just did the 90%. A different store had them on a clearance endcap with some cleaning supplies marked .10 cents each and yet at another store they rang up full price and the cashier changed the price without me saying a thing. I of course thanked her.

I just did a total count and I have a grand total of 43 packs!!! Guess I have to sart having buffalo wings every day to use thme all!, lol.

i went today and the napkins were ringing up normal price and the cashier would not budge no deal for me

I think it is a YMMV thing on the expired coupons. Many of the Targets around here in the metro area WILL take expired coupons. You might want to ask on the coupon generator link on the coupon category. Someone said that the system at Target doesn't catch the expired coupons at all so as long as your cashier isn't examining them they are ok to use.

what metro area are you in?

I haven't tried using expired coupons, but I would love to if I knew the store would routinely take them :)

No deal for me on the napkins either. I found it pretty funny considering they had CHRISTMAS TREES ON IT! They basically said that's what it's ringing up so that's the price! Yeah, whatever. Bet you would say something if it rang up less and was ticketed more! WHATEVA! Told them they could keep em till next Christmas. I did managed to find four of the disney mix players. They had purple and pink! I got two! Down to 25.xx. Now my question is where do you get the clip things that go to them? Are they in the electronic section or toys?

I found some nice deals on CD and DVD holders last night. They were $1.78 and regular $ 9.99 and they had larger one for $3.47 marked down from $19.99. I picked up a couple of these to use for the girls (teenagers) b-day presents for their friends. They had all different styles, some looked like strawberries and others like little book bags.

They also had CD and DVD holders (wooden and metal) on clearance too.

I also came across a red wine cooler, so after getting the other one for $5.00 I couldnt resist taking it to the scanner, well same thing, item not found.

I wished I could tell you I was able to get it at clearance but this time the price was $79.99.

They have some nice flatware sets on clearance but still a little too pricey, I am keeping my eye on them. Does anyone know the schedule for making that stuff down more?

I've been eyeing those flatware sets too .. they are 50% off right now at my Target and sitting on the shelves.

BTW .. did you all realize that if you buy an item and forget to give them your coupon, you can take the receipt and the coupon to customer service later and get the money back?

I'm off to do that tonight as I forgot to take my Crystal Lite Target coupons .. $1.50 back in my pocket!

A heads up- In the book section, the ILLUSTORY make your own book sets are clearanced

down to $4.97 Red sticker said $9.97 (still a super price down from $21++). I put all 3 in my cart as this is a super gift for any child and decided to scan them before going to the register....Said the $4.97 price! Every other store is still $20 or more. Check out yours!

Also, forgot to add, the value packs of cereal at my Target are now down to $2.24. Thats for 2 full family sized boxes! Needless to say I won't have to buy cereal anytime soon. lol. I got: Cinammon Toast Crunch, Honey Bunches of Oats, Cocoa Pebbles, and Post Raison Bran. A lady stopped me to find out where I got them. I showed her and needless to say she bought a cart load full. lol

I went to Target last night. They did not have a ton of stuff, but I did get a few good deals.

They had 24 packs of Fresh Bluff Gum (the little pellet type that are usually in blister packs)-- peppermint flavor and whitens teeth (tastes just like dentyne ice). I paid 14 cents a piece.

9.40 oz. bags of plain M&M's (red white and blue) for $0.46

Planters Select Macadamias, Cashews, and Almonds large 21 oz can (from Christmas) Regular 6.99 now $1.74

Creamy Delights Cocktail mix Dulce De Leche (also had a mango kind) was $3.99 now $1.98

I got a cute pair of corduroy pants for my daughter for $3 they did not have a tag so the guy asked someone in the department how much.

They also had a bunch of men's thermal underwear (tops and bottoms) as well as boxer briefs for half off (sign said 30%, but stickers were 50% off). And they had a whole rack of 30% off belts for men as well (can you tell I was shopping for hubby lol)

I got one of the multi-game tables for $29.99, but that's all our target has had. No big baby stuff whatsoever, and the Christmas cascade buckets are still regular price. I even scanned them, and then asked an associate, and he said they weren't discounted with the Christmas! Even the toys aren't that great of deals.

A heads up- In the book section, the ILLUSTORY make your own book sets are clearanced

down to $4.97 Red sticker said $9.97 (still a super price down from $21++). I put all 3 in my cart as this is a super gift for any child and decided to scan them before going to the register....Said the $4.97 price! Every other store is still $20 or more. Check out yours!

Great deal on these! I bought my kids the watch and clock that you make yourself and they love them. We put a picture of my 5 year old on his watch of him sliding into home plate, and his clock has a picture of him holding a catfish that he caught that is as long as he is tall. They are too cute!!

I'll have to check my Target for the book. With a new baby coming, it would be fun to let the kids make a book about her first few weeks at home! Thanks.

No deal for me on the napkins either. I found it pretty funny considering they had CHRISTMAS TREES ON IT! They basically said that's what it's ringing up so that's the price! Yeah, whatever. Bet you would say something if it rang up less and was ticketed more! WHATEVA! Told them they could keep em till next Christmas.

Either the napkins are going to be something that the store will be carrying as a year-round item or they will be marked down eventually. A week or so ago I bought some Christmasy pajamas that had just been reduced and I have noticed some kids Christmasy clothing have been reduced recently so I'd just wait. No sense in arguing with the cashier. If it's ringing up regular price, there must be a reason for it.

No deal for me on the napkins either. I found it pretty funny considering they had CHRISTMAS TREES ON IT! They basically said that's what it's ringing up so that's the price! Yeah, whatever. Bet you would say something if it rang up less and was ticketed more! WHATEVA! Told them they could keep em till next Christmas. I did managed to find four of the disney mix players. They had purple and pink! I got two! Down to 25.xx. Now my question is where do you get the clip things that go to them? Are they in the electronic section or toys?

I don't get it, how come your Target has the MixMax down to 75% and ours cleared them out on Sun as not to discount them, I wonder why some still let them go down and others pulled it. I hope that ours is not doing this now??? I need to find the purple and maybe one that is more boyish like the HS Musical (did they have others).

The clips should of been with the players (near them) Ours had both the players and clips together in the same section and all was at 50% on Fri and than by Mon they pulled them and shipped them out? Might have to go to Disney.com or eBay for the clips. If anyone gets some extras and wants to sell them, please PM. I can paypal....Do you think they are not going to make the clips etc anymore? By the way, these were the new batch that were brought in about a month before Christmas, I remember the electronics guy talking about it when I was buying the clearanced other mixsticks and we talked about the video max one? Why did they clear out so suddenly?

Great deal on these! I bought my kids the watch and clock that you make yourself and they love them. We put a picture of my 5 year old on his watch of him sliding into home plate, and his clock has a picture of him holding a catfish that he caught that is as long as he is tall. They are too cute!!

I'll have to check my Target for the book. With a new baby coming, it would be fun to let the kids make a book about her first few weeks at home! Thanks.

The Sesame Street Illustory is also on clearance. It ran up the $9.97 price though. Still a super price. (same concept, but its sesame street themed) The register girl couldn't believe the price of the regular Illustory book sets. She asked if there was anymore and I told I grabbed all 3 left. 2 goes to my nieces (part of their christmas is done lol) and one to my own daughter. Hope yours has some left!

Oh I forgot they had the large (full size) arcade style games. One was Golf the other showed Frogger but had like 12 or 18 different games on it. Was 399 now 199

Oh I wish ours had these, they never did get these in. My husbands birthday is the 15th, would make a great gift....Oh well.

I don't get it, how come your Target has the MixMax down to 75% and ours cleared them out on Sun as not to discount them, I wonder why some still let them go down and others pulled it. I hope that ours is not doing this now??? I need to find the purple and maybe one that is more boyish like the HS Musical (did they have others).

The clips should of been with the players (near them) Ours had both the players and clips together in the same section and all was at 50% on Fri and than by Mon they pulled them and shipped them out? Might have to go to Disney.com or eBay for the clips. If anyone gets some extras and wants to sell them, please PM. I can paypal....Do you think they are not going to make the clips etc anymore? By the way, these were the new batch that were brought in about a month before Christmas, I remember the electronics guy talking about it when I was buying the clearanced other mixsticks and we talked about the video max one? Why did they clear out so suddenly?

Mine had an entire endcap of the players and clips. Not near 75% off though. Had TONS. Seemed only 30% off though as it was still high. I'll keep checking them as Im in there now twice a week. I was there just today so still not discounted too much still

Oh I wish ours had these, they never did get these in. My husbands birthday is the 15th, would make a great gift....Oh well.

My Target has one left. Too much for me though. Its been there all week. No one seems to even look at it. All the way in the back corner of Target.

Mine had an entire endcap of the players and clips. Not near 75% off though. Had TONS. Seemed only 30% off though as it was still high. I'll keep checking them as Im in there now twice a week. I was there just today so still not discounted too much still

Last Friday I would say they had at least 30 or so players and a ton of accessories with some mix clips so i was excited to see that some were finding they had been marked 75% (ours was 50% on Friday, even commented to hubby about them and great Easter gifts) and went back on Tues early AM and nothing. So I asked and he said they salvaged them? I asked why and he said something about our store as hot and they are trying something new? I got the feeling that they feel this area is weathy and that if someone won't buy it at 50% they will try somewhere else. Our area is a college town that has boomed with people who came in with money from other areas and drove our economy through the roof. Most people make under $32K here so the clearance is a godsend for most of us. Oh well, hope its short lived LOL