Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

There is a lot of stuff on clearance at only 15% off that ends in a 4. In my experiences at Target, once something goes to 75%, that's about as good as it gets... aside from seasonal items (Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Halloween). If you are math challenged, look on the orange sticker up in the top right hand corner, most times you will see either a 15, 30, 50 or 75. That's how you know what percentage you are getting.

Good to know!! Thanks!!

FINALLY... 75% OFF at Oklahoma Target. Dora House 12.99 (59.99); Holiday Barbie 9.99 (35.99);Cinderella dress up dress 4.98 (19.99) Hockey Game (49.99)12.49; Barbie 12 Princess Castle 12.49 (59.99) just to name a few. It was flying off the shelves so hurry and get your Christmas for next year started!! (Is there any end to this madness :eyepoppin

My target is 75% off here too! I stocked up. Im done with Christmas now! (except for the few things that they will start asking for come Nov) I got: ESPN gamestation for 34.98, Superman and Batman laptops 12.48, Weeble Castle 8.74,Leapster game 4.72,Fridge Phonics 2.74, Aquadoodle 8.74, Bratz on Ice 4.98, Avatar toy 3.74, Fireman dress up set 2.50, Dr. Dreadful snack maker 4.98, Box of Rhythm instuments 12.48 and a few other small things ranging from $1-$3. Now if I can keep my hubby from shooting me!!!!:D

I went to Target in Minneapolis and for less than $50 I bought a lego purate sets, the furreal friend tiger, a t-rex mountain set, a doodle bear, a leapfrog, a plu n play Shrek game and a National Geo. dinosaur set. I missed out on the Barbie laptop but I'll check around this evening after work.

I was annoyed at Target today.

I found an oil filled radiator heater with a clearance sticker priced originally $89.xx marked down to $22.xx. I thought I scored but it rang up $59.xx at the register. The cashier called the manager over and they keyed in the code on the sticker. The sticker was for some doll. The manager said that they were having a problem with people putting clearance stickers on other items. I asked if she was implying that I did it and she of course said no. She offered to give me 10% off the $59.xx price. I said no thanks.

I guess that isn't really Targets fault but I was just annoyed because that thing was so heavy. I not only had to lift it to put it in my cart and take it out to pay, but I also had to move it out of the way because the cashier said she was pregnant and couldn't lift anything heavy. I didn't mind doing that for her but you would think the stupid manager would have taken care of that.

Most toys were 30 - 50% off. [This was in NJ]

I did however get the Scene It Jr. dvd game for 75% off.

Ok Troy Mi went this am I got there at 9:15 (had to drop dd off at preschool first) and I tell you It was a mad house! There were 3 people that had 3 to 4 flat bed carts each filled as high as possible with things. They were just throwing things to each other. I cant imagine why someone would need all that. I had 2 carts for my 2 kids and 14 nieces and nephews birthday/christmas but i tell you I have no clue what those people will do with all that stuff. Ebay maybe?? Thats the only thing I could think of LOL!! They were calling people to bring bigger vehicles so they could take the stuff out. They took all the sparkle art desk things, weebles stuff. All the big stuff they took. They must have known cause they had so many people there to help them. I will tell you though the isles are full with Bratzs No one wants those things even at 75% off LOL!!

I did have to laugh cause the employees you know where laughing and I heard them say how cool it was as their sales will be nice and high today LOL!!

FINALLY... 75% OFF in Mobile Alabama at the mall.

I loaded up for me DD turning 3 birthday.

Barbie dress 4.98

Little Pony walking toy 6.24

Tutu Bella 1.74

Pollywild 4.98

Polley Pocket 3.74

Antoher Barbie dress 4.98

Tuta Bella set 3.74

Barbie labtop 11.24

Little Pony thing that connects to castle 4.98

Barbie birthday cake 3.24

all for less than 50.00

I was annoyed at Target today.

I found an oil filled radiator heater with a clearance sticker priced originally $89.xx marked down to $22.xx. I thought I scored but it rang up $59.xx at the register. The cashier called the manager over and they keyed in the code on the sticker. The sticker was for some doll. The manager said that they were having a problem with people putting clearance stickers on other items. I asked if she was implying that I did it and she of course said no. She offered to give me 10% off the $59.xx price. I said no thanks.

I guess that isn't really Targets fault but I was just annoyed because that thing was so heavy. I not only had to lift it to put it in my cart and take it out to pay, but I also had to move it out of the way because the cashier said she was pregnant and couldn't lift anything heavy. I didn't mind doing that for her but you would think the stupid manager would have taken care of that.

Most toys were 30 - 50% off. [This was in NJ]

I did however get the Scene It Jr. dvd game for 75% off.

Had that happen to me once and the cashier made such a big scene about tags being changed! It was on clothes! I was very embarassed! I said hey, I'm not trying to rip of a pooh sleeper! Sorry you had to deal with that!

WAAAAAAAA!!! I love reading about everyone's great deals... but does ANYONE not have a Target near them but me?? UGH! I hate this! I WANT A TARGET!!! The closest one to us is over 2 hours away and I've only been ONCE in my ENTIRE life (I was in there for 5 hours... but still...)!!!!

K - pouting over. You all can go back to posting about your totally wonderful awesome Target deals!!! LOL!

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 4 and under)

WAAAAAAAA!!! I love reading about everyone's great deals... but does ANYONE not have a Target near them but me?? UGH! I hate this! I WANT A TARGET!!! The closest one to us is over 2 hours away and I've only been ONCE in my ENTIRE life (I was in there for 5 hours... but still...)!!!!

K - pouting over. You all can go back to posting about your totally wonderful awesome Target deals!!! LOL!

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 4 and under)

I was the same way when we lived in Mississippi. No target! I hated it! I had gotten used to shopping at Target in Ga, then we moved and the closest one was 1 1/2 hours away. Now that we are back in Louisiana..I have 2 really good targets close by!

I heard on the radio this am, this guy talking about Target clearance. He said that if the price on the red sticker ends in a 4(ie: $5.24) that means it is the lowest the item will be clearanced to. Anyone know if this holds any merit?

This used to be true, and supposedly also with items that end in a 8.

But, especially with electronics, if the price is only 50% off and it doesn't sell, it will be marked down again to 75% off eventually. Even if the price ends in a 4 or a 8. So I stick with the percentage off versus the final number.

Just got back from one of the target's near me and the air freshener stuff that was rigining up 17c, 79c, and 39c is now going for full price. When the cashier scanned the items, they asked for the price and the girl didn't believe me so she called for a price check. The head lady or whoever she's called came over and said, oh, I think those are part of the....and stopped herself and said she'd be right back. She brought back a pricing gun and scanned them and qoted the prices. I told her I bought that stuff VERY cheap yesterday and she said well the last selling price is (and quoted me the regular prices)! What the??? I said forget it. And it made me feel like I was trying to pull a fast one-and actually made me feel like a crook! Oh well! Didn't need it anyway but thought I'd get some for a co-worker that told me to grab her some! :razz::eyepoppin

Yeah, this is what happens when the seasonal items that go 90% off are 'salvaged.'

Target donates all of these items to places like Goodwill. So, to get the biggest tax write-off, prior to pulling them off the shelves they reset the prices back to retail so as they pull and scan the items they can say that was the last selling price.

I have found if you have a receipt for a seasonal item that you bought at 90% off, and you find the same item once it goes salvage, that if you show the receipt the cashier will generally honor that price.

However, that is only at the same Target the receipt is for, since even Targets in the same town can have different prices...

Question - If I buy something today and it goes on clearance (not sale) within the next 14 days, will Target do a price adjustment?

Corporate policy is no, they do not price adjust clearance prices.

I have heard that occasionally, if you get a new Guest Services team member, they may make a mistake and do it. So it is worth a try, but don't expect it.

Ok Troy Mi went this am I got there at 9:15 (had to drop dd off at preschool first) and I tell you It was a mad house! There were 3 people that had 3 to 4 flat bed carts each filled as high as possible with things. They were just throwing things to each other. I cant imagine why someone would need all that. I had 2 carts for my 2 kids and 14 nieces and nephews birthday/christmas but i tell you I have no clue what those people will do with all that stuff. Ebay maybe?? Thats the only thing I could think of LOL!!

IME, it could be that, or a charity group, or a school or church group who will do a fundraising auction, or a reseller from a flea market, or someone who buys for Toys for Tots or a similar group.

I am so sad because I really, really needed the Barbie laptop. The Target that's 1 block from my job has none left and by the time I get off work I just know that the Target by my house will be sold out too. This was what by 9yr old has been asking for so I'm going to give it my best shot to try a couple other stores today to try to find it. :(

I am so sad because I really, really needed the Barbie laptop. The Target that's 1 block from my job has none left and by the time I get off work I just know that the Target by my house will be sold out too. This was what by 9yr old has been asking for so I'm going to give it my best shot to try a couple other stores today to try to find it. :(

I bought an extra one for potential birthday gifts. Wish you lived near me. :fluffy: The age on it says for 1st and 2nd grade, so your 9 year old might be bored. I turned it on and wondered if my 7 1/2 year old would be too bored with it by next Christmas.

I went to my Target this morning hoping to get the toys at 75% off but they are still 50%. I am in North Carolina. Anyone else from NC? Just wondering if other Targets in this area have marked things down more. I am planning to be there when they open tomorrow, since everyone seems to be getting great deals. Maybe mine is just a day late. I'm tired of waiting!

The Graco doll playset (10 in 1?). It changes from a high chair into a playpen into a stroller, etc was $8.74 Also they still had Butterscotch Ponies as well. I forgot the price. I think around $62?

Also, I picked up a few things that I KNEW was clearanced. Of course they all scan at $0.00 and Item Not Found. The hand guns scan them at regular prices. The associate told me that she knows they are on clearance but they are going to ring up full price and that they may have to pull them from the floor. These were the 2007 Mom Planners, qoute of the Day desk calendars, etc. I just left them.

Hello aidansmommy I live in Kernersville. My son's name is Ayden. I was just at the Target in High Point yesterday and the toys were 30% I didn't see much. I was at the Lawndale store and the signs said 50% but were scanning at 30%. My sister was visting this weekend and got the Amazing Allysen doll for my daughters b-day at 50% off.

I am waiting to see if the Dora House goes any lower than 30%, my niece is in love with Dora.

Maybe we will run into each other! I tried getting the Cascade tub with the Snowman on it at High Point it was a no go, the young male cashier called and both the manager said no they carry that item year round. I will keep trying!

Kimberely

I went to Target this afternoon in Buffalo, NY and the toys are only 30% off. Just a heads up in case anyone else is from the area. I am going their again this Friday (Jan 12) for my bridal registry (yah!) and I will post if the discount changes.

Okay a friend and I got up to the closest Target at 9:30am and we were so excited because I had called ahead and found out they had already posted to 75% off!:D We then get there and they were only at 30% and when I asked a memeber...they said she didn't know why the lady on the phone would tell me such a thing because it goes by sales and they had not gotten the okay by corporate to reduce them! I was so angry that we wasted our time at that Target...:gdparanoid: but then it wasn't a total bust...we got a TON of grape and apple juice for .69!!!!!!! :cheesy:

Okay so in the next two hours we hit two more targets that WERE at 75% off and scored on some good deals......from my girlfriend getting a ton of stuff for her little gir (I don't have one).....to me getting a robotic bug for $19.98 normal price $79.00:tongue1: and we both bought some scene it games for $7.48 a piece :) woohoo I feel so much better now since my birthday/christmas box is filling up again! :D

I went to my Target this morning hoping to get the toys at 75% off but they are still 50%. I am in North Carolina. Anyone else from NC? Just wondering if other Targets in this area have marked things down more. I am planning to be there when they open tomorrow, since everyone seems to be getting great deals. Maybe mine is just a day late. I'm tired of waiting!

I hope they are. I just e-mailed my sister that they were marked down. She works in Greensboro.