My first post...Xbox 360 deal at TRU

shady4180

I just bought my 360 at Costco. I intentionally went there for the reasurring return policy, should something go very wrong with the system. People have been reporting a few serious issues and I want to make sure that in a year i can just walk in and get a new one, or my cash back easily.

Chris

I had bought my son a Xbox 360 at the beginning of this year at Sams Club. I always buy many things there for the easy return policy and extended warranty. WELL Xbox 360 has a deal with som retailers that any problems you must sent it to them - they are not allowed to deal with any things. WELL this was 2 weeks old and I argued with them for probably 30 mins. I said why was there not a sign up and WHERE is the paper stating this policy for the 360? Well they went searching and couldn't find it so finally they did give me my money back. Then as I was leaving (just to make a point) the manager says OH here it is. It did say some places that was not to return OR exchange any defective units. I said that this was ridicilous ... glad to have my mom with me for this ordeal because I am sure it helped. I'd never had issues. He even said even though I got the warranty through Sams, I'd have to deal with Xbox. I kept telling him how ridicilous it was and he wasn't even going to let me do an exchange. I ended up getting my $$ back and just got another at TRU so really hoping that WE don't have any problems OR that ALL the stores aren't following Sams CLub policy (if it still hasn't changed there)...

We picked up the 360 on Sunday. The gift card was worth driving an hour for! :D (the only toys r us within 100 miles)

Now I just have to wait for TRU to get in the Wii so we can get $100 off of that -- though that probably won't be until waaaay into next year :lmao:

The gift card can be used on their website, but I'm not being suckered into buying a Wii bundle! :no:

I have an x-box 360 I purchased in feb from Dell of all places. 6 months and 2 days after purchase (mind you it is from when shipped NOT delivered) it died. The 'three red lights of death' as I have found out it is called. I called microsoft and well it only has a 6 month warranty! Soooo I can either send them the unit and $160 and wait up to 4 months while they fix it or go buy a new one. I am going to purchase a new one from a place like best buy that has an extended warranty. The problem is due to the manufacturer using cheap parts. Sooooo If you want to save yourself some agony I would highly suggest that you purchase and extended warranty! BTW they will not suspend or cancel any x-box live accounts while the xbox is being fixed or if it dies. So they are getting you twice! you can't use your xbox live account and you can't your xbox 360 and if your live account is due while they system is getting fixed you either pay it or lose all your info and 'gamer tag' too! Nice company!

I just drove 2 hours to tru on sunday to pick up a few things and I asked the girl that worked there about this and she told me it was for the core system.... now I'm mad, because I went to walmart on monday and bought it for regular price $399.. I can't believe I could have saved $100. gggrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys I've just joined this community... its great to know that some people are doing real good for others by telling them about the new and good deals :)

I have picked up my XBOX 360 Premium from TRU 2 nights back and the deal I got was just amazine :).... My Brother won a 25% off on any order in TRU(you have to use your American Exp CC ) through American Exp Wish List and the moment I got that GIFT CERTIFICATE I went to the TRU Store and got the XBOX 360 Premium ...

So I got it for (399 - 25%) $319 and $100 Gift Card and I used that GC to get an extra controller and a GOW Game ...so my total came around $325 (including taxes) for the Bundle ... even they said its a pretty good deal :) So thanks guys and hope to see some good deals again n again ... :)

Guys I've just joined this community... its great to know that some people are doing real good for others by telling them about the new and good deals :)

I have picked up my XBOX 360 Premium from TRU 2 nights back and the deal I got was just amazine :).... My Brother won a 25% off on any order in TRU(you have to use your American Exp CC ) through American Exp Wish List and the moment I got that GIFT CERTIFICATE I went to the TRU Store and got the XBOX 360 Premium ...

So I got it for (399 - 25%) $319 and $100 Gift Card and I used that GC to get an extra controller and a GOW Game ...so my total came around $325 (including taxes) for the Bundle ... even they said its a pretty good deal :) So thanks guys and hope to see some good deals again n again ... :)

Man, deals like get me all misty! I love it when people get awesome deals like that!

Congratulations! And welcome to a great community!

I have an x-box 360 I purchased in feb from Dell of all places. 6 months and 2 days after purchase (mind you it is from when shipped NOT delivered) it died. The 'three red lights of death' as I have found out it is called. I called microsoft and well it only has a 6 month warranty! Soooo I can either send them the unit and $160 and wait up to 4 months while they fix it or go buy a new one. I am going to purchase a new one from a place like best buy that has an extended warranty. The problem is due to the manufacturer using cheap parts. Sooooo If you want to save yourself some agony I would highly suggest that you purchase and extended warranty! BTW they will not suspend or cancel any x-box live accounts while the xbox is being fixed or if it dies. So they are getting you twice! you can't use your xbox live account and you can't your xbox 360 and if your live account is due while they system is getting fixed you either pay it or lose all your info and 'gamer tag' too! Nice company!

This has been a huge problem with the X-Box 360s, especially with the initial release.

I've done repairs on 11 X-Box 360s (and have two sitting in the room with me right now); the 3RLoD is the most common issue, but also an easily fixed one if you know what you're doing. I've made a killing on them by offering to repair them for $100 (much less than MS' fee), getting them shipped to me (or picking up, in two local cases), and repairing them same-day.

I get $100 for two hours of work, they get their X-Box 360 back completely fixed for less than MS would charge and about 3 months and three weeks earlier. win-win. :cool:

Don't let it dissuade you from picking up a 360 now though, the ones on the shelves now have, for the most part, had the issue resolved (weak/bad/unskilled/lazy chip soldering).

This has been a huge problem with the X-Box 360s, especially with the initial release.

I've done repairs on 11 X-Box 360s (and have two sitting in the room with me right now); the 3RLoD is the most common issue, but also an easily fixed one if you know what you're doing. I've made a killing on them by offering to repair them for $100 (much less than MS' fee), getting them shipped to me (or picking up, in two local cases), and repairing them same-day.

I get $100 for two hours of work, they get their X-Box 360 back completely fixed for less than MS would charge and about 3 months and three weeks earlier. win-win. :cool:

Don't let it dissuade you from picking up a 360 now though, the ones on the shelves now have, for the most part, had the issue resolved (weak/bad/unskilled/lazy chip soldering).

Wow, Xbox is charging more than $100 this generation? It was about half that for the prior system (you did have to argue a bit to get that though). They'd mail you a shipping container (they'd pay that) and you'd have your system back in less than a week from start to finish. Plus, they also kept you updated every stage of the way via email.

Thanks to the OP, we picked up another Xbox because of this deal. :)

You should really consider buying a real gaming machine....A computer! better graphics, better gameplay, most online games are free, and when Vista becomes a reality, you can link up with all of those paying fools on the XBOX!:smart: