Bath and Body Works vs. The 17yr. Old

Guest koby

My "little girl" has grown up! I guess she's ready for college after all.

I gave her $30 last night to go to BBW and handed her ALL of my coupons, including the expired ones. Told her to make me proud of her. At first the salesgirl wouldn't let her use the old coupons until my DD explained that she needed gifts for her close friends and a couple of teachers and all she had was $30 to spend. My daughter won because of her kindness I'm sure. I'm so proud of her.

She bought:Body Splash-10.50

2 Body [email protected] each

Shimmer Body Mist-12.50

2 Body [email protected] each

She also received free perfume and 3 C.O. Bigelow lip products(used 3 coupons)

The grand total with tax was $32.03!!!!!!!!!!!

She also received a coupon for $10 off of $30-I guess I should go back

She thinks I should be so impressed with her purchases that those $300 sunglasses at

Sunglass H-- were made for her! I need to play the Lottery-----

BBW will usually let you use expired coupons - within reason. I have never been told that I couldn't use them. Although at Christmas I'm sure they are more strict. That combined with "new" people that don't know how they operate.

Good deals for your daughter!!!!

My 9 y.o. got a kids meal while we were at the Smokies over Thanksgiving. In the meal was a coupon for the Happy Feet game for any systems that BB has it on. He took the coupon to his Poppy and said "Hey Poppy this is the game I want for Christmas and here is a coupon for it!":cheesy: MY FIL had told everybody this since we came back. I told him if he wasn't going to get the game could I have the coupon:D

Heather

When my daughter,8 introduces me to other people, she tells them ..."this is mom, she's cheap"

(we love to bargain shop together!)

I don't know how many times i've had to explain myself out of that one!

LOL... my kids used to say "cheap" too... but now say "thrifty" and "frugal"... and they are always amazed by my deals... but I have discovered something... when they know that you get deals... it seems like they don't appreciate the items as much as if you paid a zillion dollars for them. I dunno, it's like, they open them and smile, etc... set them aside... and I heard them saying "she got it for probably free you know"... these are like 20 yrs old... but I'll tell you... It's all my fault.. I over indulge them... well... "frugally" but damn... I have decided from now on, I'm keeping my deals in a journal or something... and not sharing them with anyone. Let them think I'm REALLY spending beyond my limits. but doesn't that cause it's own issues too? This sucks, sometimes. I wish I could go back to just crocheting stuff... and gifts from my kitchen... in fact next year, I think I will do that. Just blowing steam.

LOL... my kids used to say "cheap" too... but now say "thrifty" and "frugal"... and they are always amazed by my deals... but I have discovered something... when they know that you get deals... it seems like they don't appreciate the items as much as if you paid a zillion dollars for them. I dunno, it's like, they open them and smile, etc... set them aside... and I heard them saying "she got it for probably free you know"... these are like 20 yrs old... but I'll tell you... It's all my fault.. I over indulge them... well... "frugally" but darn... I have decided from now on, I'm keeping my deals in a journal or something... and not sharing them with anyone. Let them think I'm REALLY spending beyond my limits. but doesn't that cause it's own issues too? This sucks, sometimes. I wish I could go back to just crocheting stuff... and gifts from my kitchen... in fact next year, I think I will do that. Just blowing steam.

My oldest *8* going on 18. is like that with some things "you can get another one mom, you got it on sale anyway." "well it was only a couple of dollars anyway..." I've just gotten to the point where I tell them what it cost originally. Or I tell them that if I have to replace it, it's coming out of thier money. That usually stops them dead in thier tracks! The don't seem to need it as badly if they have to spend thier money on it!

When my daughter,8 introduces me to other people, she tells them ..."this is mom, she's cheap"

I am so glad I am not the only one this happens to!!!! Except it's my 5 year old. Everywhere we go when it's time to pay....... the first words out of her mouth are........ My mom's cheap. The cashiers always get a kick out of it and I just laugh and say yep...... I am :)

I am so glad I am not the only one this happens to!!!! Except it's my 5 year old. Everywhere we go when it's time to pay....... the first words out of her mouth are........ My mom's cheap. The cashiers always get a kick out of it and I just laugh and say yep...... I am :)

I love this thread!!! We were recently driving home from church one night and my 3 year old looked over at a fast food restaurant and asked "Mom, do we have coupons to eat over there?".... Both my 5 yr. old and 3 yr. accept the answer, we don't buy it unless it's on sale or Mommy has a coupon!!!

:D