Is the WM 2nd BF just a myth?

celticlady

I have no idea. BUT, I did see a 1 page sales flyer that is good from the 17th-23rd. It has 3 different increments of gift items -- under $10, under 20-$30 (can't remember which one) and under $40. Trust me, there was NOTHING worthwhile on this flyer. Most things were only marked down about a buck or so. It is called Last Minute Gifts and will be in Sunday papers on the 17th.

I posted on another thread about this but I think most people just ignored me. I talked to my mom a few days ago. She is a WM associate and she said there had been rumors of that through out the employee's and that they had a meeting about it at her store where they were told they will NOT be doing a second blitz. Her store is in Southwestern VA.

Heather

I posted on another thread about this but I think most people just ignored me. I talked to my mom a few days ago. She is a WM associate and she said there had been rumors of that through out the employee's and that they had a meeting about it at her store where they were told they will NOT be doing a second blitz. Her store is in Southwestern VA.

Heather

Thansk for letting us know. I am sure it was a rumor to begin with. Walmart bites anyway. grrrrrrr:gdparanoid:

Actually they slowly put out things every night when people cancel their layaways. However regular layaways have to be out by the 9th here(tomorrow) employees have til the 15th. So mom figures they will start restocking maybe tomorrow night and at least by the following. Mom is an overnight stocker. Alot of it depends on how busy they are each night with trucks. They of course can tell the employees from others so they will just leave those a few more days.

Heather

I knew all along it was just a rumer! They couldn't get it right the first time; so why even try for a second round! They haven't had anything on sale worth a crap in past weeks! Target has had awsome deals on toys for the past few weeks! I've went from shopping at WM exclusively to mostly buying grocerys there.

I have NOT heard anything like this at my store at all. Also, on the layaway thing. If something has gone on clearance while it was on LAW, then yes, it will be on clearance if it gets put back on the shelf.

BUT, not everything returned from LAW is going to be clearance, a lot of those items are still going to be active, current stock and will be whatever the current price is.