question on Amazon's super saver shipping

sbsahm

Normally when I order anything from Amazon I ship it standard and it arrives with 2 buisness days. This is the first time I've used the free supersaver shipping and I ordered yesterday, the expected dlivery is not until the 19th which is after chanukah begins. Does it really take that long?? I know I usually get the stuff the day of or the day before the shipment notification email comes and many times a day before the expected delivery.

I'm kind of surprised at the the time it's taking too. I placed an order on Dec. 2 and it says that it won't ship until the 11th with a delivery date of between the 19th and the 22nd on free super saver shipping. I've ordered alot from Amazon and usually things ship rather quick. I'm thinking that if it doesn't ship on the 11th I might call them to see what's going on.

I had several problems with the super save shipping at the beginning of october. It doesn't make sense to me, as they shipped 3 items the first day, and held the other 25 for 3 weeks. I called to ask why, and I had a .20 cent book that said shipped in 3-5 weeks, and they held everything until it was ready. I had him remove the book, and he said it would all ship the next day. It still took 2 weeks. They offered me a trial of prime, and everything is here NO LATER than 2 days. If you were gonna buy much, I totally recommed it.

I have found with the super saver that it doesn't ship before the date it tells you. Now the delivery date is padded with time for the carrier. It is usually here a couple of days after the ship date.

Does that make sense?

A couple of things...

If you don't want the order held until all items are ready (some always ship separately depending on supplier) you have that option, but be prepared to pay for it. It's an option at checkout. So the free shipping might not be a great idea if you're in a hurry with lots of smaller items.

My experience has been it almost never takes as long as it says when using the free shipping which I use often.

I just received one order I placed and it took 2 weeks to receive it and waiting on another and that one will be around the 2 week time also. I haven't ordered much from Amazon and was surprized that shipping is this slow. I quess they want us to sign up for the prime deal but so far I haven't shopped with them enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks this was just one item so it won't be held up waiting for other items. Usually the only thing I buy from Amazon is toys, wait that's about all I buy from anywhere (Well that and kids clothes, major ebay addiction there). So I don't shop there nearly as much now that TRU left. Otherwise I would definetly do Prime.

Here's what I believe happens when you use Super Saver Shipping. I ordered 4 things from amazon recently. It told me it was going to be here in like 2 weeks, just like you all say. 3 of the things mailed in 2 days, because they were via USPS (said it was to give me speedier service). The last thing has yet to mail. However, i think if i ordered on a Wednesday, or Thursday, instead of Sunday, the shipment would have come all in one box, on Monday, or Tuesday. I think this is because they send so much stuff at one time, and on Friday, late, that it saves them money. Coincidently, The last day to use Super Saver Shipping, in order to get your items before Christmas, is the same day they started preparing my last item for shipping, today. I bet they will send it off late today...with everyone else's stuff.

Amyers, sounds like you ordered something that wasn't in Amazon's stock, and that's why it was taking forever. You've gotta check that out when you shop there.

Also, I forgot one more thing. If you live like forever away from an Amazon warehouse, it's obviously going to take longer to get your packages since they ship via ground. Fortunately, for me, my item was sent from only about 60 miles away from me. They're always going to give you a date longer then it's actually going to take. There's a fine line between being pissed off that your package is late, and happy that it's early. Like 2 days. They'd rather you be happy that your package is early. I bet if you look KBS, your package was sent out. Let me know as I'm curious!

I've had some items come within 1-2 days after ordering with the free shipping, and some take up ten days or so. It depends on where the item(s) ship from. I recently ordered an Xbox 360 memory card, and a DVD. The card was here 2 days after ordering, and the DVD just arrived this past Tuesday (the card was here the week before).

I'm sure they are also swamped right now due to the holidays, so the time for them to get it shipped out will vary a lot now as well as the delivery time of the carrier.

How often is their tracking updated?

I've had a Carrier Notified To Pick Up package message for several days now when I click on Track Order.

It would make me feel better to see it's sitting at a post office somewhere. lol

You can use the tracking number, and track it from UPS/USPS website. However, mine updates on Amazon around the same time. That's strange. Try using the tracking # if there is one, on the shipping company's website.

I've had some items come within 1-2 days after ordering with the free shipping, and some take up ten days or so. It depends on where the item(s) ship from. I recently ordered an Xbox 360 memory card, and a DVD. The card was here 2 days after ordering, and the DVD just arrived this past Tuesday (the card was here the week before).

I'm sure they are also swamped right now due to the holidays, so the time for them to get it shipped out will vary a lot now as well as the delivery time of the carrier.

Whatever they can ship USPS will come faster. It's basically like putting something in the mail. If you order something that needs to be shipped UPS, or Fedex, it will take longer because they hold the items to bulk ship. If they have to get the item from another place, like a wholesaler, it will also take longer. I'm not sure the holidays affect them that much. They've got thousands of people packing boxes. Trucks still drive. More if necessary.

laffnatu - Yes, only on select items and for $25+ but yes.

Thanks Ali - I thought it was something that was going to end on the 20th. But I guess I misread the header on Amazon.com.

I'm glad to hear that I was wrong though. The free shipping part keeps me coming back for more.

I order 6 items on 12/8 (Fri) and 4 were shipped on 12/10 (Mon) received them on 12/12 but received the other 2 items on 12/14.

Again ordered 2 items (toys) on 12/15 and they have yet to fill my order, the estimated date to arrive is 12/22 as of now, they haven't been shipped. I'm about to freak out

I order 6 items on 12/8 (Fri) and 4 were shipped on 12/10 (Mon) received them on 12/12 but received the other 2 items on 12/14.

Again ordered 2 items (toys) on 12/15 and they have yet to fill my order, the estimated date to arrive is 12/22 as of now, they haven't been shipped. I'm about to freak out

OK Today they filled my order and they are "in transit" about an hour away! Yeah