3 weeks until Christmas... what will you do this week to get ready?

3cuties4me

It's coming... only 3 more weeks (well, from tomorrow... but 3 weeks from today is Christmas Eve... so close enough) ;)

What all will you do this week to get ready?

We have pretty much everything ready, however, this week I have a few crafts planned for the kids and I am also going to have them make some ornaments to put on "their" tree (we have a lot of store bought ones... but I want them making new ornaments every year too for their tree)! We will take them to see Santa this week and will go and look at Christmas lights!

I will also go over my baking list and make sure I have everything bought to start "NEXT" Wednesday! I will also make my list of things I need to buy at the beginning of next week (milk, butter)!

Okay, so if anyone is interested I thought we could do 'countdown' threads now. Starting at the beginning of everyweek (only a couple more to go... lol Christmas is getting CLOSE)! You can post your list of things you want to accomplish this week to get ready for the holidays!

Do you still need to decorate, buy presents (to who and do you know what you are getting), wrap presents, send cards... WHATEVER!

Jingle Bells... Jingle Bells... Jingle All The Way :D

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 3 and under)

We are having our Christmas party at work this week. My son is counting down the days until he's off for vacation. LOL.

I still need to finish shopping. I think I'm going to the "big" city and try to finish up some today. lol.

I work the next 2 wks then I'm laid off until Jan.2nd so I should have plenty of time to make my cooking, baking lists and finish late minute stuff.

Well I just finished wrapping this a.m. I f a couple for boxes coming, but no big deal. Everything will be taken down to my DH office today for hiding!! My lil boys program is Wednesday night and we will go out looking at lights this weekend. Next Saturday we are off to Disneyland until Dec 22nd.... so I better be ready!!

We will be doing extra school work this week again like we did last week because my daughter wants to school all day instead of to noon each day so she can get out and have a longer Christmas vacation. So after this week we will be finished with our 1st semester of schooling and have the rest of the month off and start back in January.

Finish the cards, pick out and put up the tree, cookies and cakes, more Santa visits, wrap presents...that is about it, LOL!

Have all of the decorating done other than the tree though, so I'm happy with that. All of the shopping has been done for months. I have most of the cards done, just waiting for one more order to come in for the last of the cards. So it isn't really that bad at all...

AARRRGGHH!

Ah, I love it! Really!!

#1 Go through my 10 years olds room and get rid of some crap that she doesn't use, or is broke

#2 Make sure I have all of my baking stuff

# 3 Double check my list for the Xmas party I'm holding for 23 people, make sure I'm not forgetting something

#4 Figure out how I am going to fit that many people in my house!

Getting the boys' Christmas pictures taken today.

Putting up the rest of the lights later too.

Getting the tree on Thursday.

I have more shopping to do, but I am pretty much off for now until payday on the 15th. I don't have too much more to get though.

Have to dig out more decorations too. I am still missing stuff.

Go to work, then taxi children places, wrestling starts today for the 7 year old. I need to bake, just can not seem to get the mind set to do it, But promised my daughter at pudue cookies for finals. Need to finish cleaning the living room and finish decorating that room, so that all that needs to be done is the tree, And then we need to go get that. Get Layaways out of Walmart. Nothing to bad just not enough time in the day for me

I need to finish up DH's christmas (should be able to do this tomorrow on Dec. 5th). Wrap all the presents, which I think I will start tonight since most of our tv shows are reruns now til after the first of the year. The next two weekends I am going to be baking baking baking cookies with the kids plus making chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate candies.

3 weeks!!! Where did the time go?

I will be working extra hours this week and next week. (I want to clear my schedule for visting family starting Christmas day and into the week after.) I still need to wrap gifts, order the cake we are taking to our extended family Christmas dinner, make a centerpiece for that dinner, and box up some donation items for Goodwill. (I am sure I have forgotten a few things.)

I will be here in two weeks talking about how half of what I have listed still needs to be completed.

:holiday08 :holiday08 :holiday08

I've been waiting patiently for e-mails from various online merchants with tempting offers. Sure enough, the deals are available now... 20% off at Gardeners Supply; a sale and free shipping rebate from Sears; lower shipping, site-wide sale and buy-2-holiday-toys-get-one-free at Petco. Yesterday I spent the evening in front of the computer finishing my major shopping.

With most of the gift buying out of the way I'm ready to decorate, starting with the front door today. The tree...yuck. I'm not looking forward to moving furniture to make room for it in front of the living room window and spending hours stringing lights and hanging ornaments.

Hubby is going to shampoo the carpet and put up the tree sometime this week or this weekend. Next week after he gets paid I am going to finish all my shopping and get the gifts wrapped. Also need to mail the cards. Got them all addressed, just waiting on pictures of the kids to put in them.

I'm getting my tree this weekend, hoping the Christmas cards come this week so I can get them in the mail. I have done a little shopping, but will be working on knocking a lot of that out this weekend. I also have to mail most of the gifts I buy so I really need to get on it! I can't believe Christmas has come on so quick this year!:eek:

Still have to do ALL of my shopping, finish crafting, wrap, ship out a box, holiday baking (galore), and decorate the beatiful live tree that sits naked in my living room. :tired:

That's after working 60 hrs last week and 70 hrs this week, just to be sure Santa can even make an appearance this year. :(

This year is a big, fat Bah-humbug for me (unfortunately). :(

I got my tree up and misc. other inside decoration :) It feels so good to finally have that done. I have about 75% of my shopping done but nothing is wrapped yet. That is my next goal. It start doing some wrapping. I am taking a 1/2 day vacation from work on the 15th to hopefully complete my shopping.