Black Friday 2007 & You

AaronOnline

This is my first year going to BB on BF. I didn't camp out and we got there yesterday at 11:30 am.

They were still charging the 7 hour sale prices at 1:30pm yesterday. They had a ton of the portable dvd players. They would ring up $139.99 but they would change it to $69.99. I wish that had been something no my list, but it wasn't.

I'll definitely go back there next year. :)

I think next year is going to be the Online Year. It's started with this year with the extra web-only advertisements and I think in the near future there are going to be more web only offers than store only. This way inventory can be managed better.

BB had some great deals this year and I was lucky to get a lot of them so BB has me in its corner for next year. I just hope to able to get the stuff online instead of another 12 hour overnighter.

I will do BB again next year ONLINE. I did it this year online and got everything I wanted and didn't leave the comfort of my home. I didn't get the doorbusters, but I wasnt interested in them. I liked the online ordering, it was my first year doing so and will do it again. :)

If this year was the start of more people camping out, I'll be rethinking my Black Friday shopping. I'm not spending all that time in a line. I'd rather be home with family and doing more productive things. A few hours in a line is one thing, but not a few days.

Did Best Buy last year and this year.

Last year: Got in line around 3:30am, got all the items I wanted.

This year: Got in line around 1:00am, didn't get a single thing I wanted. Probably could have gotten the 32" westy as the employees were handing them out to people who didn't have tickets, but I guess I believe in the honor system.

Next year: I'll do it online. Not wasting my time sitting in the freezing cold to not get anything I wanted again.

Guest mirandaanddreco
I went to best buy around 7pm and the line was already wraped around the building and when they opened it was soooo packed the line had to wait outside til about 12pm just to get in so I went to walmart and got the 148. comp no monitor or printer but its a super fast compt, guess next year I will have a better game plan for best buy.

Guest mirandaanddreco

I will do BB again next year ONLINE. I did it this year online and got everything I wanted and didn't leave the comfort of my home. I didn't get the doorbusters, but I wasnt interested in them. I liked the online ordering, it was my first year doing so and will do it again. :)

bet it was better this year TAX FREE:yup: I live in Georgia but had to come to SC for no taxes hope they do again next year!!!!!

So who all plans on visiting Best Buy on Black Friday next year ?

If not, what sotre do you plan on going to.

I know many visit numerous stores so I am asking about the one you will be camped out for / wait in line for first.

Im most likely not going to ever go to a BB black friday again just because they werent prepared enough. Im not saying that the BB people should have been perfect, but our BB was in total chaos. Also because the line took 1 1/2 hrs to buy the stuff and finding the line was difficult too cuz they didnt tell us how to find the end of the line till ppl started asking and even then it was almost impossible to understand what they were saying so I personally had to talk to 2 BB employees before I got an accurate answer rather than an employee saying, "i think its over there somewhere" ....other than that I got all the stuff I wanted......eventually with luck and some great friends who helped!

If I go anywhere next year, it'll be back to BB. But, I do plan on doing some recon beforehand. The only thing that would get me to go somewhere else would be if they started matching BB policy of few or no MIR. I don't anough enough money or time to wait around 6 months for a thousand bucks in $50 checks to trickle in.

I'm definitely NOT going to BB next year. It was a mad house. I'm ready to do all my shopping online or worse pay regular price. When people are trampling all over the physically challenged and pregant women, it is time to call it off!:yuck:

I will be there next year! If they line up on Wed. I won't be going. I work every Thanksgiving and my family comes first. I'll go after visiting that afternoon and if I can't be in the top ten I won't stay. 2005 and 2006 I was first in line.:eyepoppin I don't think I'll be able to make it 3 years in a row.:(

I had a blast camping out! It's the same people every year in the front of the line they said and we know how to be organized with everything! Was like a giant party outside best buy! And plus living in a tax-free state makes it even better :razz: Might not do it next year though, as there is nothing I really need besides some subs and amps. But I won't need to wait in a line for those.:yup:

I took a vow several years ago to NEVER go to BB on Black Friday ever again. The money that I saved on the my PS2 bundle was spent when I had to pay regular priced items because I missed the doorbuster specials at all the other stores. In my opinion, a trip to BB is overrated on BF.