What to get my 1 year old son (price limit $65)

droolbug2

We have the FP Learning House. I bought it last year for Christmas for my then 9 month old. He played with it alot at that age, but its not a toy that really grows with them (in my opinion). I like to get alot of play out of their toys and this wasn't one of them. Its still a really cute toy.

Have you thought about a Little Tikes slide? We keep ours in the house. Its the smaller one. TRU sells a Radio Flyer or Step 2 plastic rocking horse. My kids love theirs. Or maybe one of those small ride ons that light up and play music. They come in every character imaginable. If you have lots of space, maybe a ball pit? Hope this helps.

Last year, my boys were 10 months at Xmas. The present they got that they loved the most was a Disney Mickey Mouse train. They still love that toy. One of our boys got a sesame street baby scooter/trike. He loved that. He still scoots around on it like a mad man, even though he has the bigger LT trike now.

Thank ya'll so much for your suggestions! I knew I would get some help here.:g_dance:

:gdwelcome: to GottaDeal Droolbug2!!!!

The GottaDeal community is BY FAR the most friendly and helpful online community around!!! And to top that off, we all save tons of money with Black Friday deals that we scope out weeks BEFORE the big day and ALL of the terrific sale items that we buy online and offline throughout the year. GottaDeal is open 365 days per year, 7 days per week, and 24 hours per day!!! :2woot:

For the Online Hot Deals forum that is always buzzing click here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

And...

The Offline Hot Deals forum: http://forums.gottadeal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Does he need a ride on toy? We're getting the little one the Thomas one. He's also getting a Bounce and Spin Zebra...that thing just looks so fun! The other suggestion would be one of the 3 in 1 trikes. Fisher Price has a nice one that is a rocker, than a push toy and then a regular tricycle. It's good because it can be used for a while.

My daughter got the FP Learning House the year she turned 1 & we had a foster daughter 8 months older - they both LOVED it - so did my 7 year old who was MR. Kaileigh still plays with it & so does my niece - K will be 3 next month & my niece will be 4 in January. My older kids like to play with it with her, too - maybe my kids are weird!!!!!!

My oldest son got a little train set with snap together tracks for his Christmas one year - he was either 1 or 2 - & he only gave it up when my niece was about a year old (he was 8 at the time), so I think the train set that a PP suggested is a great idea.

Christy

The FP house is the greatest!!!!! We got it for our daughter for her first BD. She still plays with it!!!!

My daughter love her Cozy Coupe II http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2333021&cp=2269727

Or you could get him a rocking horse and they don't cost that much. But they last forever and are big in size. All toddlers love them!!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3622576

And this is cute too. Roll-a-Rounds: Drop & Roar Dinosaur

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2264975&cp=2269727

All are under the price you wanted to spend you could get the fish and dinosaur with money left over. Good Luck

Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions! I bought him a cube climber and am also going to get him the Drop & Roar Dinosaur..he loves the one on display at Babies R Us. I've already bought him a rocking horse that he will be getting for his 1st birthday next week!

I can't figure out what to get my 1 year old son for his "big" Christmas present. I dont want to spend more than $65. I was thinking about getting the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Learning House. Any help is appreciated! Thank you:yup:

Not to be mean :( but the 1yr is not going to remember what you bought anyway. Find something that you like or want him to have and just buy it.

Wait until he becomes a teenager then try to decide what to buy for $65.

Not to be mean :( but the 1yr is not going to remember what you bought anyway. Find something that you like or want him to have and just buy it.

Wait until he becomes a teenager then try to decide what to buy for $65.

Iam aware that he will not remember what he gets this year for Christmas, but, I'd still like it to be a "good" Christmas for him. We have 2 older sons too, and they are trying to help make sure that "their baby" gets presents from Santa too! :) It's pretty much up to my husband and I to buy all that our boys need b/c other family members dont buy for them for Christmas.

Glad you found somethings to get him. My dc love the fisher price Little People items. We have the Noah's Ark, 2 different trains, the play house, and something else. Almost all of them play with them from my 11 yo( playing with the littles) to the 2 year old. We got most of them as the younger ones turned 1 or 2.

I agree that the baby won't remember what he got (in our house that's she got) BUT the big brothers will. It was very important to get something good for the baby because the older boys were watching...they even checked to make sure she got a stocking and that it was good stuff.

The boys weren't greedy or mean about it, they were looking out for their little sister.

droolbug2- I am glad you found a toy that works for your house! Have a great holiday!

Guest JeepMom
I've decided just to buy my 20 month old soe more clothes. We have too many toys and with the grandparents we're just addding to the piles.......

I agree that the baby won't remember what he got (in our house that's she got) BUT the big brothers will. It was very important to get something good for the baby because the older boys were watching...they even checked to make sure she got a stocking and that it was good stuff.

The boys weren't greedy or mean about it, they were looking out for their little sister.

droolbug2- I am glad you found a toy that works for your house! Have a great holiday!

Thank you VERY much!! Finally someone gets it! My older boys still believe in Santa and they are worried about Santa knowing that we have their baby brother and about him bringing him something. I was on here looking for suggestions....not to be told not to get my son anything! I know he's going to play with the paper more than anything else...I have 2 older boys. This is just as much for them as it is for the baby!

Anyway...Thank you and I hope you have a great holiday too!:D

I'm with you droolbug. I *know the baby could care less, but my oldest son is already trying to make a list for his little brother to tell Santa for when we go to see him. He got excited because it sounded like little ds said "car" yesterday, so he thinks his brother will be asking Santa for cars. Plus, I think it's fun to get new stuff for him.

We didn't get the little one too much for his birthday as both their birthdays are in August and they had a big joint party and then school was starting for the oldest one....I felt like I gypped him, and yes, he really didn't care. lol He did get awesome gifts from our friends that he plays with everyday.