"Prices effective Thursday, Nov. 23rd - Saturday, Nov. 25th"...what?!?

assassin56

Look at the best buy thanksgiving ad on bestbuy.com...it says on the bottom that

Prices effective Thursday, Nov. 23rd - Saturday, Nov. 25th...

but if you hover your mouse above the Westinghouse 32" HDTV, it is noted that it is a FRI TILL NOON sale, but also that the price will be effective on Nov 23rd (thanksgiving day, a thursday)....im getting confused..so are the sales starting on thanksgiving or on actual BF?? Maybe they meant the sales are for the online orders, i dont know...

Look at the best buy thanksgiving ad on bestbuy.com...it says on the bottom that

Prices effective Thursday, Nov. 23rd - Saturday, Nov. 25th...

but if you hover your mouse above the Westinghouse 32" HDTV, it is noted that it is a FRI TILL NOON sale, but also that the price will be effective on Nov 23rd (thanksgiving day, a thursday)....im getting confused..so are the sales starting on thanksgiving or on actual BF?? Maybe they meant the sales are for the online orders, i dont know...

Welcome to the community! I would say the reason it is listed like that because the current ad that is out ends on Wednesday Nov 22 and the next ad after the BF ad will start on Sunday Nov 26.

I know that I have bought DVDs on Turkey Day from BB that were part of the early bird sale. I didn't want to take the chance they would be gone when I got there. I saw some of the other items were like that too .. guess I'll be checking out their website Thursday to see what I can get ahead of time.

I am gonna give the online a try on the 32in westi LCD. If you click on the add, it states the pricing is valid from 23nov-25nov, lists the discount price, and states that the 320.00 instant savings is only available in-store for the 7 hours on Friday. Sounds like they are gonna release this online possibly and for the 3 days of the add. This would tie in to an earlier thread about someone who works at a bb warehouse stating that they have thousands of these tv's. I would assume online availability and pricing starts at 12am eastern time on the morning of the 23rd.

BB has done this in the past they offer most of their items online just not the front cover items, which of course are the doorbusters they will only be available in store for 7 hours, which if your not there within the first 10 minutes don't count on it being there. Last year my girlfriend stood outside in line for 4 hours waiting for them to open the doors they came out and starting passing out tickets for certain items once the tickets were gone so was the item and they sent everyone else away that was waiting for the same item. WHat a waste of time!!!!!!!